@EdTaitWFC

33m
Notes from @Wpg_BlueBombers
GM Kyle Walters' presser:
-O'Shea extension not signed yet
-No NFL team has asked to work out Dalton Schoen or other players
-Club will look at all spots this winter, incl K
-Not worried about his contract. Will sit down w. Wade Miller 'at some point.'
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

Paul Friesen
@friesensunmedia
5h
#Bombers GM Kyle Walters: no signed contract yet for coach Mike O?Shea, no requests for NFL workouts for anyone so far, no players indicating they?re heading for free agency yet.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on December 01, 2022, 09:04:58 PM
Paul Friesen
@friesensunmedia
5h
#Bombers GM Kyle Walters: no signed contract yet for coach Mike O?Shea, no requests for NFL workouts for anyone so far, no players indicating they?re heading for free agency yet.

O'Shea is holding out for a pink '73 Eldorado convertible to pimp out, and a straw hat.  He's worth it.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on December 01, 2022, 09:04:58 PM
Paul Friesen
@friesensunmedia
5h

Great news so far, might have to reserve a spot for Schoen after all.

Tiger

I am shocked no one wants speak with Schoen
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

ModAdmin

Quote from: Tiger on December 02, 2022, 04:50:42 AM
I am shocked no one wants speak with Schoen

It's amazing - leading receiver in the league, young, seemingly a good head on his shoulder, team guy, excellent receiver, CFL rookie of the year - he deserves some NFL consideration.

Jesse

It's only been a couple of weeks.

But I will stay two things on the "Schoen staying in the CFL" side: He'll be 27 going into next NFL season and his best plays were of the broken variety when he and Zach found the connection on the run; he may not have shown the ability to get open using his speed/route running.
My wife is amazing!

Sec223

Quote from: Jesse on December 02, 2022, 12:13:04 PM

But I will stay two things on the "Schoen staying in the CFL" side: He'll be 27 going into next NFL season and his best plays were of the broken variety when he and Zach found the connection on the run; he may not have shown the ability to get open using his speed/route running.
Good CFL receiver for sure. NFL ? Doubtful. Is he fast enough to play down there ? Great for the bombers if he stays obviously. Then they can use Ellingsons money elsewhere. Kicker ? Big dude in the middle of the D line ? Stove come home!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on December 02, 2022, 12:13:04 PM

He no doubt benefits from the waggle, so that could be something to consider with regards to another NFL look.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

BlueGold8597

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 02, 2022, 02:08:05 PM
He no doubt benefits from the waggle, so that could be something to consider with regards to another NFL look.

This.
Schoen probably does not have the ability to get off the line without the running start and the 1 yard cushion off the ball. In the NFL if you can't explode of the line and beat the jam you are not going to be successful.
Schoen is the perfect cfl receiver. NFL not so much

Blue In BC

Quote from: BlueGold8597 on December 02, 2022, 02:58:16 PM
This.
Schoen probably does not have the ability to get off the line without the running start and the 1 yard cushion off the ball. In the NFL if you can't explode of the line and beat the jam you are not going to be successful.
Schoen is the perfect cfl receiver. NFL not so much

Good point.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

theaardvark

There were reports that there were a dozen teams interested in Schoen, and that he had workouts scheduled with two....

Do NFL teams need to request from Walters the ability to talk to players under contract about interest during the "NFL window"?  

When is the official "NFL window"?  

Wondering why there are contradictory statements from Walters, re: deal being done with O'Shea and interest in Schoen.  I understand that his statements may be "factual", but are they misleading?

Reporter question followup, "You stated that no one has requested to try out Schoen, but does the information you have make you anticipate NFL teams will be approaching him during the NFL window, and if they wish to sign him, will you be granting his release per league practice?"
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TBURGESS

Quote from: theaardvark on December 02, 2022, 03:29:40 PM
There were reports that there were a dozen teams interested in Schoen, and that he had workouts scheduled with two....

Do NFL teams need to request from Walters the ability to talk to players under contract about interest during the "NFL window"?  

Wondering why there are contradictory statements from Walters, re: deal being done with O'Shea and interest in Schoen.  I understand that his statements may be "factual", but are they misleading?

Reporter question followup, "You stated that no one has requested to try out Schoen, but does the information you have make you anticipate NFL teams will be approaching him during the NFL window, and if they wish to sign him, will you be granting his release per league practice?"
A dozen teams interested in Schoen? I think you're mixing Schoen & Rourke up.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on December 02, 2022, 03:29:40 PM

You are definitely thinking about Rourke.

NFL teams have to send in written permission to ask for Schoen to workout, then a further written request to sign him, at which point we release him (Walters said all this in his interview).

The window closes at the end of January, right before FA.
My wife is amazing!