MOS

Started by Pigskin, November 30, 2022, 03:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Buck has a great thing going here in Winnipeg. He's with one of the best organizations in the CFL. Has one of, if not the best QBs, and the best OL in the league. Has a very good receiving core, and one of the youngest brightest stars in BO20. Life is good for Buck in Winnipeg.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on December 01, 2022, 03:20:52 AM
Buck has a great thing going here in Winnipeg. He's with one of the best organizations in the CFL. Has one of, if not the best QBs, and the best OL in the league. Has a very good receiving core, and one of the youngest brightest stars in BO20. Life is good for Buck in Winnipeg.
^ This though I think our Oline could use some improvements in pass protection, see GC game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on December 01, 2022, 03:51:47 AM
^ This though I think our Oline could use some improvements in pass protection, see GC game.

Still the best OL in the league. We came against a very good DL and they won some plays. It?s going to happen.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on December 01, 2022, 11:51:14 AM
Still the best OL in the league. We came against a very good DL and they won some plays. It?s going to happen.

Adjustments weren't made, either. Or if they were, they weren't the right adjustments. Can't fault the O-line for that, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 01, 2022, 01:36:01 PM
Adjustments weren't made, either. Or if they were, they weren't the right adjustments. Can't fault the O-line for that, IMO.
agreed
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Tiger

Great news - love having Coach OShea.

Great news about Buck.  I thought he might interview but perhaps he has no desire at this point and wanted to be respectful.   Buck is a relatively new Coach and is still learning.  He is surrounded by a great team and I am sure is learning.  Also we know that success can be fleeting and temporary, in business and especially in pro sports.  Some (like Milt) regardless if talent and effort never reach the pinnacle.  I have and I am sure most of you have had good job situations and bad job situations.  I know that I would take less money to work somewhere good and not toxic place.  With the pro family and no jack *** policy ?, added to success and talent I am thinking WBB is a good place to work.

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 30, 2022, 03:57:10 AM
No surprise.  I had zero doubt.

I'm curious what the $$ was.  A slight bump over last year?

Nice to have him tied up for 3 years.

KW is DA MAN.  I bet we keep 95% of everyone we want to keep in the off-season.  The interesting part will be seeing which 1-3 guys bail (i.e. "pulls a Lawler") and which guys we purposely don't want back.  Maybe some surprises in the latter group?  Always tough to get rid of guys we've come to like...

Tecno -  I heard from a couple of unsigned players just the other day that they want to stay with WBB.  I think management has some hard decisions and cap management to deal with. I also heard players want to come y to o WBB and that even Lawler wants to come back. The Club and the city are in a good place. 

I have been critical at times of Wade Miller.  That said the state of the club is in great shape financially and on the field. You cannot argue with success and positive outcomes. Without the intelligence and toughness of Miller none of this happens.  Of course he is one piece of the puzzle, but an important one.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

theaardvark

Buck has a long career ahead of him.  There is wisdom in working as an OC for a long time before taking the big chair.  He might even want to try anopther team as the OC before trying the big chair.

Or, hear me out, is there another candidate on this team to take MOS's spot when he retires?  How long did Dickenson patrol the sidelines waiting for Huffer to retire?

Opportunity for success in OTT is extremely low for a first time HC, regardless how great a leader or sharp a mind they are.  Now, if MOS had decided to boot him, the OTT HC job might be on the radar. But he's got a headset in the booth here as long as MOS is here, and as long as he keeps doing a great job...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

I think it'd take a lot to lure Pierce away with a HC job - if he even wants the opportunity. I also wonder if he wants to keep padding his resume before attempting the jump to HC and waiting for the right opportunity. Hell, I wonder if he'd just want to take the reins from O'Shea down the road.

He seems to enjoy the stability and security of what he has here, which works well with his personal/family life. He's practically a true Winnipegger at this point, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay with this organization for as long as possible.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Lincoln Locomotive

Continuity is the key to success and we have that now with Buck and Ricky as coordinators.    Not all Coordinators turn out to be successful head coaches unless they have continuity on the team they happen to be coaching.   Doing both jobs as HC and OC is difficult at best.    Eventually MOs will retire as the Bombers HC.....will it be at the end of his new 3 year contract?   Meanwhile as long as MOS is our HC,  Buck will most likely continue as OC and then he might be next in line to succeed MOS.   Pure speculation and projections on my part,  however succession planning is a proven recipe for success.
Bomber fan for life

theaardvark

Mark Killiam has been patrolling the sidelines in CGY for 18 years, 13 years as ST co-ordinator, under Huff and Dickenson.  Sounds like he got consideration for a bg chair elsewhere last year, and will again this year...  If Dickenson decided to retire this year, I don't doubt Killam would be the new HC. 

Being behind MOS or Dickenson in waiting for the big chair might not be the quickest route, both are in their early 50's and could coach a decade or more and still not retire, but there are worse places to work than under guys perpetually in "COY" contention...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

wpg#1

So it's officially official now ?
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

M.O.A.B.

I would like to think that before it's all said and done, O'Shea will end up as the winningest coach in the Bombers history.
He's only trailing Bud Grant (102) with 20 wins. Hopefully he would at least tie Bud on Grey Cup wins as well at 4.

Pigskin

Winnipeg Blue Bombers are the least penalized team for the last 5 years in a row.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on December 09, 2022, 04:41:20 AM
Winnipeg Blue Bombers are the least penalized team for the last 5 years in a row.

That is an impressive accomplishment.