Blue Bomber add to roster - November 25, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, November 25, 2022, 04:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bomber add to roster - November 25, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., November 25, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American defensive back Karon Delince. 

Delince (5-9, 160, East Tennessee State, June 8, 1995 in Phenix City, AL) joins the Blue Bombers after a five-year college career with the East Tennessee State. Delince became an integral part of the Buccaneers' defense by his sophomore season, starting each game. During his college tenure, Delince appeared in 52 games totaling 170 tackles, 26 pass breakups, and two interceptions. In 2019, Delince was named to the Phil Steele Magazine Preseason Second Team All-SoCon. 
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

The team's ability to find DB talent the last few years is next level.

Looking forward to seeing this new addition in TC next year.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

Not a very big player and that's a potential concern. He'd be the smallest player overall on the current roster. He's the same size as Grant so he might be a returner candidate insurance if Grant leaves.

Hefney and Jovan Johnson were both 5'9" but both were heavier.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

I wouldn't put too much stock in a player's listed height/weight....who know from when that's from.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on November 25, 2022, 04:54:23 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in a player's listed height/weight....who know from when that's from.

All true. Just pointing out it could be a concern for durability but sometimes " little " guys excel. That said it was brought up somewhat when Grant was forced in starting a bit as a receiver due to injuries. Smaller target and durability were mentioned.

As a DB covering 6'0" to 6'6" receivers with height and wingspan advantages, that's part of the discussion.

Like you said he could be heavier now but he'll be 28 by TC and if his weight hasn't been added by now, chances are he's just a smaller player. Speed, mobility, football IQ can trump the size thing.

No doubt there will be a dozen or more rookie or veteran DB's added before TC. His stats are impressive and he appears able and willing to make a tackle, although I'm more impressed by his knockdowns.

Tackles can be deceiving. A perfect DB gets challenged less and doesn't need to make as many.

I mentioned some very talented Bomber DB's with the same height that had successful careers. Higher weight is not a guarantee of durability, so we'll see how he does etc.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on November 25, 2022, 04:54:23 PM

What he lacks in height/weight could be made up in his speed, cover skills, and football IQ.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 25, 2022, 05:10:36 PM
What he lacks in height/weight could be made up in his speed, cover skills, and football IQ.

I mentioned that. I notice that he recorded 53 tackles in 13 games during his last season. Without knowing whether those were made as primary coverage responsibility or helping the rest of the defence is only a question.

The key question is whether those tackles lead to a punt or 1st down kind of issue.

I don't think I've ever seen him play.

Checked out a few highlight videos. Seemed to have good coverage skills and apparently has very good speed. Good  football IQ shown but that's why they call them highlights. Have to wait and see if he makes TC and where he ends up on the depth chart.
2019 Grey Cup Champions