Blue Bombers extend contract of CFL all-star offensive lineman Pat Neufeld

Started by ModAdmin, November 24, 2022, 07:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers extend contract of CFL all-star offensive lineman Pat Neufeld

WINNIPEG, MB., November 24, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a one-year contract extension with CFL all-star offensive lineman Pat Neufeld.

Neufeld (6-6, 307, Saskatchewan; born: December 26, 1988, in Regina, SK) returns to the Blue Bombers for what will be his 12th Canadian Football League season and ninth with Winnipeg. A versatile lineman who has made starts at both guard and tackle over his career in Winnipeg, Neufeld is coming off his second-consecutive all-star season, having been named to both the West Division and CFL All-Star teams in 2021 and 2022.

Neufeld appeared in 17 regular season games this year at right guard as well as in both the Western Final and Grey Cup, helping the Blue Bombers offence finish second in points, sacks surrendered and rushing yards and first in touchdowns, while running back Brady Oliveira posted the first 1,000-yard rushing season of his career.

Neufeld was originally selected by the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the fifth round of the 2010 CFL Draft and was acquired by the Bombers in a trade in 2013 for DE Alex Hall and a second-round pick in the 2014 draft.

He has appeared in 136 regular season games including 99 with the Blue Bombers, and last year was named the winner of the Cal Murphy Heart of a Legend Award presented to the player who has shown 'outstanding sportsmanship and dedication to the Canadian Football League and the community.'

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

wpg#1

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

Throw Long Bannatyne

Great news!  Need to get the majority of core players locked up, Willie and Jeffcoat next.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Didn't think he was going anywhere. Sounds like the first of a number of contract extensions coming over the next couple of weeks. This is a good start.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_or_die

Great news! This helps switch the conversation from sadness over the loss to looking forward to next season and another run!
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 25, 2022, 06:37:48 PM
Great news! This helps switch the conversation from sadness over the loss to looking forward to next season and another run!
It is a start. Lets announce MOS renewal any day now?.please! I can move on really only until that happens.

Pigskin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 25, 2022, 09:32:39 PM
It is a start. Lets announce MOS renewal any day now?.please! I can move on really only until that happens.

I think you will be waiting awhile. They haven't even started talks yet. But good new, there's no for sale sign on his house.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on November 25, 2022, 09:37:59 PM
I think you will be waiting awhile. They haven't even started talks yet. But good new, there's no for sale sign on his house.
lol we?ll that is good. Maybe he does not want to put it up in a holiday marketplace. :P

Lincoln Locomotive

He's been a rock solid addition to our O-Line since coming over from the Riders....
Bomber fan for life

theaardvark

When he as traded, with SSK on a cup run, it must have been crushing.

Since then, he's gotten two rings and got to play on one of the best teams ever...

Good to have him back...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Yes, Patty is a must-have for a 2023 run.  What a season he had.  I thought he deserved MOOL.  But he whiffed a bit in the GC, certainly his worst game of the year, and that was disappointing.  In fact, most OL except maybe Bryant (and maybe Couture) whiffed a few times in that game.

Consistency is king and Patty is part of the heart & soul of our team, and a strong leader, that's for sure.  (His goofy videos and interviews with the guys are fun too.)
Never go full Rider!