Potential Bombers free agents 2023

Started by KINGCHARLES, November 21, 2022, 11:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckzumhoff

Eingson is good we just didnt throw to him. Need to air the ball out more often. Need to sign Demski and like to see another good running back on the team.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on December 02, 2022, 09:23:53 PM
then in the second half he was injured and we had to play short handed..one of the key abilities is availability

Jeffcoat actually went down in the 4th Q so he only missed the last 10 minutes.

Pete

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on December 03, 2022, 03:31:15 PM
Jeffcoat actually went down in the 4th Q so he only missed the last 10 minutes.
which is where we lost the game

Pigskin

I really liked GE2 play in the first half of the season. But he has been injuries a lot the past two seasons, and he will be 34 next season. At $175K, he is a big?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

Holy smokes, there a lot of blame to go around, but a player getting injured is not the reason we lost. We couldn?t handle the blitz from hardricks side of the line, so it?s blocking scheme, and lack of adjustments that cost us this game. Collaros had zero time to throw so our offensive production suffered terribly. But saying we lost because someone got hurt and it?s his fault he got hurt, c mon man, that?s ridiculous.

DM83

Not really.  When did Toronto do anything? When Jeffcoat was out.  At first I didn?t think it matters, we rotated guys in, all the time.  However in hindsight, Jeffcoat being out, and. The argos running wild seemed to have an efect.

We need a real convert kicker. Lol!

Pete

Quote from: dd on December 03, 2022, 09:20:22 PM
Holy smokes, there a lot of blame to go around, but a player getting injured is not the reason we lost. We couldn?t handle the blitz from hardricks side of the line, so it?s blocking scheme, and lack of adjustments that cost us this game. Collaros had zero time to throw so our offensive production suffered terribly. But saying we lost because someone got hurt and it?s his fault he got hurt, c mon man, that?s ridiculous.
We were;nt talking about whose fault it was,, rather about Jeffcoats worth to the team when hes injured so often. and the effect it has on the team throughout the year. The grey cup was just another example of that. Can we afford to tie up 175k ? Hes a great player when healthy but his paycheck should reflect his susceptability to injury

the paw

Quote from: Pete on December 04, 2022, 07:30:13 PM
We were;nt talking about whose fault it was,, rather about Jeffcoats worth to the team when hes injured so often. and the effect it has on the team throughout the year. The grey cup was just another example of that. Can we afford to tie up 175k ? Hes a great player when healthy but his paycheck should reflect his susceptability to injury

Should it though?  If a player gets a 6 game injury, the club gets SMS relief, so that's not an issue.

You need reliable players in your line up.  It isn't useful to have a key player on and off your roster simply because you got a discount.  If a player is a consistent bandaid (and I'm not saying that's the case with Jeffcoat) then the decision is whether to move on or not, not how cheap we can get him.

Having said that, no one can guarantee availability, there is always a chance of injury for any player.  But I think you have to pay a player their value and assume they are going to be there most of the time.
grab grass 'n growl

dd

Quote from: DM83 on December 04, 2022, 09:58:02 AM
Not really.  When did Toronto do anything? When Jeffcoat was out.  At first I didn?t think it matters, we rotated guys in, all the time.  However in hindsight, Jeffcoat being out, and. The argos running wild seemed to have an efect.

We need a real convert kicker. Lol!
Exactly. You can have every player in your lineup stay 100% healthy, but if you can't kick reliably in this league, you ain't winning. Don't worry about who got hurt, just worry about who didn't do their job, and injury didn't have anything to do with his misses.

Sec223

Quote from: dd on December 04, 2022, 11:08:57 PM
Exactly. You can have every player in your lineup stay 100% healthy, but if you can't kick reliably in this league, you ain't winning. Don't worry about who got hurt, just worry about who didn't do their job, and injury didn't have anything to do with his misses.

It's so easy to blame the kicker. The Bombers sucked in all phases top to bottom. Even out coached.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: buckzumhoff on December 03, 2022, 03:13:53 PM
Eingson is good we just didnt throw to him. Need to air the ball out more often. Need to sign Demski and like to see another good running back on the team.
We are set at RB imo

dd

Quote from: Sec223 on December 05, 2022, 12:35:04 AM
It's so easy to blame the kicker. The Bombers sucked in all phases top to bottom. Even out coached.
It is because it?s true. And yes, we did suck but not in all phases. Our cover team sucked, but our return tram kept us in this game. Outcoached, not sure I get you on that one, please explain.

blue_gold_84

Offense, defense, and special teams all lacked execution and made costly errors.

Win as a team, lose as a team.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

Bombers re-sign D. Lawrence to a 1 year extension. I'm happy we're able to retain him. IMO that suggests we'll leave Parker at the inside DHB where he seemed to improve week to week.

Have to conclude that Taylor will retire due to injury in 2022 or just because the time has come. OTOH, Taylor was an excellent player. I'm not opposed to seeing him re-signed but that could mean a reduced role and / or SMS. In theory we need to get younger where possible.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on December 07, 2022, 03:15:18 PM
Bombers re-sign D. Lawrence to a 1 year extension. I'm happy we're able to retain him. IMO that suggests we'll leave Parker at the inside DHB where he seemed to improve week to week.

Have to conclude that Taylor will retire due to injury in 2022 or just because the time has come. OTOH, Taylor was an excellent player. I'm not opposed to seeing him re-signed but that could mean a reduced role and / or SMS. In theory we need to get younger where possible.
He made some plays. Good resigning.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!