Blue Bombers Forum
December 04, 2022, 11:31:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dionte Spencer  (Read 831 times)
Jesse

« Reply #45 on: Today at 01:28:06 PM »

According to a very confusingly organized 3down article, Lewis got $170k in hard money last year, but his $25k signing bonus was against the 2021 cap.  So I read that as $195k total, so I think your estimate for this year is very close.

Lawler had $177k in hard money and a weird and massive roster bonus of $128k, putting total compensation at $305k.  I expect him to drop back to about $200k this year.

By way of comparison, Ellingson was at $165k which would have been a steal if he had played the whole season.  With that kind of budget we can compete for any free agent WR except the top 2 or 3.

Thanks for that.

In the same article, Lewis talks about regretting signing his last contract so early and about being more patient this time. Sounds like he regrets signing at the rate given a couple of the contracts that came after him.

My wife is amazing!
dd

« Reply #46 on: Today at 03:40:50 PM »

Keep in mind both were healthy when they signed big contracts with BC and Edmonton.  Both suffered injuries and missed chunks of the season. Lewis had a stellar full season and was runner up league MOP.  Doubt Whitehead or Lawler would command those salaries next season.
That?s what I m thinking. If whitehead was $200k and Lawler $300k, both were hurt this year, Lewis has always been healthy and productive, I don?t see his salary demands being anything less than $250 and he?s worth it.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #47 on: Today at 07:21:20 PM »

Thanks for that.

In the same article, Lewis talks about regretting signing his last contract so early and about being more patient this time. Sounds like he regrets signing at the rate given a couple of the contracts that came after him.

Dummy should keep his mouth shut, second guessing coaches or dissing them in hindsight is going to reduce some teams interest in him.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: