Play by the rules

Started by ModAdmin, November 21, 2022, 04:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

It was a tough game and hard on the Bomber fans.

But spouting off on this forum about mindless "get rid of (name here)" and name calling don't have any part on this forum.

Those posts have been removed and some have lost their privilege to be here.

Please count to 10 before posting such comments.  Thank you.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Lincoln Locomotive

I waited for hours before posting on here.   The Bombers were beaten today by a team who was hungry and hats off to the Argos for pulling this off.    They made one more play than we did and I don't ever recall two blocked FGs in one game....ever!   There were several plays the Bombers would like to have back.....yet it all came down to one final play in the end!   It's a crushing loss and as I predicted it would go down to the wire with one team either making a game winning FG or....not.   
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Heck the Bombers were gifted a face mask penalty to continue a winning scoring drive and still flobbed it! Frustrating. Toronto did everything they could to lose the game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_or_die

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 21, 2022, 01:20:56 PM
Heck the Bombers were gifted a face mask penalty to continue a winning scoring drive and still flobbed it! Frustrating. Toronto did everything they could to lose the game.

It kinda felt that way on both ends. Like this was a battle of mistakes, non-adjustments and poor execution, and the winner was simply that one who did one less of those. Brings a new meaning to the cliche of football being a game of who makes the least mistakes.

One thing's for sure- that was NOT Bomber ball and was our worst game all season long in 20 games. They saved it for the championship game apparently. Not to discredit the Argos though, who game planned around us super well and found a way to get to Zach and not allow him any time to develop a rhythm. Throw in the mistakes in the kicking game and some at times pretty soft D that allowed them to eat up yards and clock and you have a recipe of a loss.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 21, 2022, 04:40:11 AM
But spouting off on this forum about mindless "get rid of (name here)" and name calling don't have any part on this forum.

I'm the opposite.  I want to keep every last one of the players.  Not saying we can't improve on a spot here and there.  But the roster is pretty hard to beat as it is.  And consistency is like getting a "13th player free" in the CFL.

But STC Boudreau is going to need some stern conversations.  Or maybe take peeks at other STCs.  This is the 2nd (3rd?) time this year he's botched a critical play.  I won't go into details here, but the protection scheme and player package on that final FG was inexcusable.  It was destined to fail even before the snap.  The buck has to stop somewhere.  And since this wasn't the first infraction, I believe MOS and KW will be taking a long look at this situation.  Because we can't have more repeats of this.

Yes, the blocked FG didn't really "lose the game": I believe the 2nd & 20 disaster TD did that, or maybe even other plays.  But it did blow a great "freebie" shot at a miracle comeback.  (Yes, Paul drew up the awesome Hallett FG block too; I'm not saying the guy is useless, just that when detail is critical, he needs to have the right package and scheme.)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 21, 2022, 02:00:13 PM
One thing's for sure- that was NOT Bomber ball and was our worst game all season long in 20 games. They saved it for the championship game apparently.

That, in a nutshell, is all that needs to be said.  We didn't play Bomber ball.  So we lost.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 22, 2022, 06:31:51 AM
I'm the opposite.  I want to keep every last one of the players.  Not saying we can't improve on a spot here and there.  But the roster is pretty hard to beat as it is.  And consistency is like getting a "13th player free" in the CFL.

But STC Boudreau is going to need some stern conversations.  Or maybe take peeks at other STCs.  This is the 2nd (3rd?) time this year he's botched a critical play.  I won't go into details here, but the protection scheme and player package on that final FG was inexcusable.  It was destined to fail even before the snap.  The buck has to stop somewhere.  And since this wasn't the first infraction, I believe MOS and KW will be taking a long look at this situation.  Because we can't have more repeats of this.

Yes, the blocked FG didn't really "lose the game": I believe the 2nd & 20 disaster TD did that, or maybe even other plays.  But it did blow a great "freebie" shot at a miracle comeback.  (Yes, Paul drew up the awesome Hallett FG block too; I'm not saying the guy is useless, just that when detail is critical, he needs to have the right package and scheme.)

STC gave up a blocked FG, but also had a blocked FG that maintained hope...  and a PR TD...  overall, our ST's were a positive, IMHO...  and only get better with time...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Norm W

I cringe when I read some of the blame stuff that gets tossed out there, I write it off as a negative effect that social media has created, the anonymous hit person. I suspect if you had to post your actual name and photo instead of a catchy pseudonym and a meme there would be less. Tough loss, team game... If only we could all bat .1000 at our jobs.
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)