I freaking told you.

Started by famicommander, November 21, 2022, 01:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Great quote from the back-to-back MOP regarding the "fans" pointing fingers at his teammate for the loss:

"There's a lot of plays in a football game and there's a lot of moments everybody wishes that they had back that could have changed the trajectory. As we always say, it's a team game and it doesn't come down to one particular play. We love Leggz and it's tough the way that it ended, but I know he's a resilient kid and he'll be OK."
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 23, 2022, 05:20:05 PM
Great quote from the back-to-back MOP regarding the "fans" pointing fingers at his teammate for the loss:

"There's a lot of plays in a football game and there's a lot of moments everybody wishes that they had back that could have changed the trajectory. As we always say, it's a team game and it doesn't come down to one particular play. We love Leggz and it's tough the way that it ended, but I know he's a resilient kid and he'll be OK."
Amen!
Bomber fan for life

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 23, 2022, 05:20:05 PM

Jeez. Some fans, eh? I just don't know how anyone could be that upset? Legitimately. 2 Grey Cups in 3 years and a third one lost by one point.

Is there a single honest Bomber fan in the world today that would not have been completely and thoroughly ecstatic about that reality had someone told them that was going to happen back in training camp 2019?

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 23, 2022, 01:14:18 AM
Comparison with or without wind would be more specific.

And the net punting as well...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

BlueInCgy

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on November 23, 2022, 05:36:29 PM
Jeez. Some fans, eh? I just don't know how anyone could be that upset? Legitimately. 2 Grey Cups in 3 years and a third one lost by one point.

Is there a single honest Bomber fan in the world today that would not have been completely and thoroughly ecstatic about that reality had someone told them that was going to happen back in training camp 2019?

In 2019.  Sure.  But in 2022 the expectations and bar have been raised.

I?m not surprised we lost.  I was more uncertain about this game than I should have been.  Why.  Because we won ugly many times this season, which tends to get dismissed under the ?there are no style points in winning.?

I didn?t particularly enjoy the game, though I suspect that would have been different if I were not invested in the Bombers.  You can?t really ask for more than two blocked FG to end a championship game.

There was not one point of failure; there were many.  Sure Leggs is an easy target.  And yes, we need(ed) a better kicker.  But there were a bunch of other plays we failed to execute.

Thanks Bombers for another entertaining season.  Congrats to the Argos for being the better team when it mattered most.

Pigskin

I am okay with Leggs punting. He does a lot of directional kicking. However, I do think his kickoffs are short compared to a lot of the kickers in the league.

2021 Punt Avg. 43.7
2022 Punt Avg. 46.9

FG: 32/39 Longest 55. 20 yards and under 4. 20-29 yards, 9. 30-39 yards, 8. 40-49 yards, 10. He also made 5 tackles. 

Puts too much pressure on himself for the game winning kicks. Maybe tries to kick the ball too hard in those situations.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on November 23, 2022, 08:50:01 PM
I am okay with Leggs punting. He does a lot of directional kicking. However, I do think his kickoffs are short compared to a lot of the kickers in the league.

2021 Punt Avg. 43.7
2022 Punt Avg. 46.9

FG: 32/39 Longest 55. 20 yards and under 4. 20-29 yards, 9. 30-39 yards, 8. 40-49 yards, 10. He also made 5 tackles. 

Puts too much pressure on himself for the game winning kicks. Maybe tries to kick the ball too hard in those situations.

Sophomore kicker.  Still learning, growing.  Doing all three jobs...

Let him concentrate on FG, and I think we have a long term answer.

Time to get a Global Punter...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on November 24, 2022, 01:43:09 PM
Sophomore kicker.  Still learning, growing.  Doing all three jobs...

Let him concentrate on FG, and I think we have a long term answer.

Time to get a Global Punter...

Don't we have one or two of those on our suspended list.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on November 24, 2022, 06:20:11 PM
Don't we have one or two of those on our suspended list.

We have drafted 3, none ever made it to camp.  Not sure if we were told that before drafting them or not, or how in depth those conversations get, but pretty sure they were all in NCAA programs.

GCn19

Quote from: famicommander on November 21, 2022, 01:57:26 AM
We bet our season on a kicking prospect and lost. Ruined the threepeat.

You ended up being right. You are way too happy about it though. Somebody who has to point out that they were right isn't going to get the respect they think they will, especially when the todaso is as ill timed as this one.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Blue In BC

Quote from: GCn19 on November 24, 2022, 07:24:16 PM
You ended up being right. You are way too happy about it though. Somebody who has to point out that they were right isn't going to get the respect they think they will, especially when the todaso is as ill timed as this one.

He wasn't right. Could easily blame Walker for not tackling Kelly on 2nd and 15. Or any other player on defence that didn't bring him down before he reached the 1st down. That led to points given up.

How about the entire ST that allowed their returner the long return which also led to points.

Prukop and / or Pierce for those two bad calls, one of which led to an int?

Anyone that wants / needs to put the blame on any individual for a loss doesn't know much about football. Let alone a poster with 52 posts and nothing better to do than focus on one 1st year starter.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

guyinfla89

Not just missed XPs & FGs.  Notice his kickoffs never go deep.  Rarely past the 25.  Puts defense in a bad place after even a modest runback.  Compare Bede in GC, usually to the 10 or past.

Hello Justin Medlock.  Mike the coach is waiting for your call or text.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: guyinfla89 on November 25, 2022, 12:06:53 AM
Not just missed XPs & FGs.  Notice his kickoffs never go deep.  Rarely past the 25.  Puts defense in a bad place after even a modest runback.  Compare Bede in GC, usually to the 10 or past.

Hello Justin Medlock.  Mike the coach is waiting for your call or text.
for lords sake Medlock is never coming back, WTH! Find someone who can do it all!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Stats Junkie

Quote from: guyinfla89 on November 25, 2022, 12:06:53 AM
Notice his kickoffs never go deep. Rarely past the 25. Puts defense in a bad place after even a modest runback. Compare Bede in GC, usually to the 10 or past.
I see stating rarely past the 30 didn't go over well so we have moved target to the 25.

100% of Liegghio's kickoffs made it to the 30 yard line.
97.96% of his kickoffs made it to the 25 yard line - better than any other regular kicker.
I suppose you could say Liegghio is consistently average.

Comparing anyone to Bede on kickoffs is really unfair.
Bede is the only kicker in CFL history to average more than 70 yards per kickoff in a season - 4 times.
Bede has the 7 best averages on kickoffs ever - in 7 seasons played.

#8 on the list is Justin Medlock with a 68.0 average in 2016.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

dd

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 25, 2022, 01:06:41 AM
for lords sake Medlock is never coming back, WTH! Find someone who can do it all!
No kidding, why not give Bernie ruoff a call while your at it and tell him to take his watch off when he kicks!!!