I freaking told you.

Started by famicommander, November 21, 2022, 01:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

famicommander

Quote from: famicommander on June 12, 2022, 11:44:12 PM
Still not convinced the team won't be right back where they were last year, making a trade for a kicker to save the season.

Not sure Legs is the answer and I know beyond any doubt Mourtada isn't the answer.

Quote from: famicommander on August 12, 2022, 06:37:57 PM
We don't have time for him to grow into the role. We have a 34 year old QB and we're trying to threepeat. This is not the time to be screwing around with a headcase kicker.

Missing a kick in 9 out of 13 games is ridiculously horrible. There is no other way to spin it, no other way of looking at it. This entire season is about trying to win two playoff games. You can't bring a kicker with misses in 9 of 13 games to the Western Conference Final and rely on him. No way, no how.

It's dumb to compare him to Castillo or other kickers that have years of a sample size which shows they can kick at this level. Liegghio's entire sample size shows he's only played 4 games in his whole career without missing a kick.

The fact that so many of his misses are extra points and/or clutch time field goals says he doesn't have the goods in between the ears. We don't have time to be his sports psychologists. We're trying to win now.

Quote from: famicommander on August 12, 2022, 07:02:52 PM
I said the comparison was dumb and that was it. And I stand by that.

"doing OK for a sophomore" is incompatible with winning now. The simple truth of it is we have 2 or 3 more years at most in this championship window. After that we'll lose too many guys to free agency, retirement, injury, et cetera.

If you've been a fan for that long then you know that this team tends to win titles in bursts and then have extremely long droughts:
3 championships from 1935-1941
0 championships from 1942-1957
4 championships from 1958-1962
0 championships from 1963-1983
3 championships from 1984-1990
0 championships from 1991-2018
2 championships and counting from 2019-present

Get while the gettin' is good.

Now is not the time to take a huge bet on a guy who has missed a kick in 9/13 starts. Now is the time to sacrifice any and all assets outside the 3 year window (prospects, draft picks, cap space, first born children, etc) to load up on what we need inside said window.

That means getting a field goal kicker. If you want to hold onto Liegghio for punts and kickoffs I'm okay with that, but it's lunacy to roll into a threepeat attempt relying on a kicker who has missed kicks in 9/13 games.

Quote from: famicommander on November 13, 2022, 10:23:16 PM
I told y'all we didn't want to rely on Legghio in the playoffs. Freaking headcase.

Hopefully the cushion is big enough that it won't bite us in the ***.

Quote from: famicommander on July 16, 2022, 07:15:20 PM
Why should we have more confidence in him now? He missed an extra point, bounced another one in off the uprights, and had a chip shot miss erased on a late hit yesterday. The game prior he missed three kicks.

At what point is enough enough?

If he misses one next game that'll be 8/10 career games with a miss. What if that becomes 10/15? Will it be enough then, or do you have to see him literally blow a playoff game before you throw in the towel?

We bet our season on a kicking prospect and lost. Ruined the threepeat.

Blue In BC

Dumbest thing I've read in weeks. Bede missed 2 FG's and had one blocked. Chances are we'd have won if our last one wasn't blocked. Who blaming that one?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

famicommander

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 21, 2022, 01:59:08 AM
Dumbest thing I've read in weeks. Bede missed 2 FG's and had one blocked. Chances are we'd have won if our last one wasn't blocked. Who blaming that one?

Did you see how low that ball was? It was going to miss whether it was blocked or not.

Horseman

Quote from: famicommander on November 21, 2022, 02:11:02 AM
Did you see how low that ball was? It was going to miss whether it was blocked or not.

Yes, you are correct, it was low and to the left.

Cool Spot

Quote from: famicommander on November 21, 2022, 02:11:02 AM

Yes, very disappointing. Though, I heard that the snap was bad so perhaps that played a part in it.

pjrocksmb

Its a team game and the better team (today) won

Leggs is a good kicker.

famicommander

Quote from: pjrocksmb on November 21, 2022, 02:17:08 AM

Leggs is a good kicker.

He's not a good kicker.

He has attempted a field goal and/or extra point in 23 career games including playoffs.

In those games:
he missed at least one kick in 12 games
he missed at least two kicks in 6 games
he missed three kicks in 3 games

So he misses at least one kick more than half the time and he misses multiple kicks more than 25% of the time he attempts at least one kick.

bluengold204

Eh lot of other plays cost us the game imo.

Pukrop long pass resulted in an int
Allowing the big punt return
Collaros muffin of a pass to Muamba
Hardricks poor protection to Collaros all game

It?s not just on leggs

Tiger

Quote from: famicommander on November 21, 2022, 01:57:26 AM
We bet our season on a kicking prospect and lost. Ruined the threepeat.

True he missed a pat and woul have missed by blocked FG.  

You didn?t tell me that Collaros would play poorly.

You didn?t tell me Collaros would have no zip on the ball.

You didn?t tell me our oline would get owned.

You didn?t tell me we couldn?t stop a 2nd string QB on 2nd and 15 that lead to winning the game.  

You didn?t tell me that Buck woul call a bad game.

Etc.  

Yet we lost by 1 and beat ourselves.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

famicommander

Quote from: bluengold204 on November 21, 2022, 02:25:52 AM

It?s not just on leggs

It's never JUST on one player, but this was an easily identifiable problem. It happened last year and Sergio bailed them out, then I and many others spent the entire season warning against this exact scenario happening.

You live with it when a player like Collaros makes a bad play. You expect him to be great and he usually is, but nobody is perfect. He's won us so many games these last few years. He's a guy anybody in the league would be comfortable riding or dying with.

But Liegghio missing big kicks? That's something they should've known would happen. He's literally missed a kick in more than half the games he's ever attempted a kick in.

famicommander

Quote from: Tiger on November 21, 2022, 02:28:03 AM
True he missed a pat and woul have missed by blocked FG.  

You didn?t tell me that Collaros would play poorly.

You didn?t tell me Collaros would have no zip on the ball.

You didn?t tell me our oline would get owned.

You didn?t tell me we couldn?t stop a 2nd string QB on 2nd and 15 that lead to winning the game.  

You didn?t tell me that Buck woul call a bad game.

Etc.  

Yet we lost by 1 and beat ourselves.

Again, all of those things were out of character for those guys. Not something easily predictable.

What Leggs did out there tonight was completely in character and super easy to predict.

It's like saying it was smart not to treat your gaping head wound because you randomly got hit by a bus later anyway. The gaping head wound is a problem anyone should be able to see needs addressing. Nobody can predict a bus accident.

bluengold204

Quote from: famicommander on November 21, 2022, 02:28:44 AM
It's never JUST on one player, but this was an easily identifiable problem. It happened last year and Sergio bailed them out, then I and many others spent the entire season warning against this exact scenario happening.

You live with it when a player like Collaros makes a bad play. You expect him to be great and he usually is, but nobody is perfect. He's won us so many games these last few years. He's a guy anybody in the league would be comfortable riding or dying with.

But Liegghio missing big kicks? That's something they should've known would happen. He's literally missed a kick in more than half the games he's ever attempted a kick in.

If it?s not on one player then you are ranting and creating this topic for no reason

famicommander

Of course there's a reason.

Because, for the third time, this was something that should have been ridiculously easy to predict based on his play to this point in his career. He misses kicks. It's what he does. Over half the games in his career he's missed one.

There's no way to predict the 2 time MVP having an off game.

It's not hard to predict a head case kicker missing big kicks.

dd

Quote from: bluengold204 on November 21, 2022, 02:25:52 AM

It?s not just on leggs
Hardrick could only block one rusher and he often had 2, a blitz from that side beat us all night and if you watch the BC game, it was there as well. So Argos picked up on that and kudos to them. We always sent Dobson out outside Bryant so I don?t know why we weren?t at the very least rolling that way to get away from the oncoming blitz vs sit like a sitting duck and get sacked.

Never been a leggs fan and one post points out the frequency of his misses. I told my wife and son before the game today our kicking game is going to break our hearts today and it did. I wasn?t even shocked or upset, I saw this olay8ng out all season. If it comes down to a close game, we lose. We didn?t go for field goals today because OShea knew he would miss. He?s got to move on at kicker and get someone more realizable, I m sure there will be some available in free agency

goldenblue

Quote from: pjrocksmb on November 21, 2022, 02:17:08 AM

Leggs is a good kicker.

Bombers should sign him for 5+ years then and give him a salary above or on par with Collaros. :-*  He truly is amazing. 8) I bet other teams would hate that they cant get such a great kicker for that amount of time. :)