I freaking told you.

Started by famicommander, November 21, 2022, 01:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tehedra

I don't blame the loss on Leggio.  It was the coaching, and our OLINE.  Several coaching calls were questionable and our oline was like a sieve all night long.  The missed PAT definitely hurt, however,  that wasn't the cause of this loss.  It was a great season, hope we get to enjoy another great season next year!!

dd

Our inability to deal with the argos blitzing from hardricks side cost us this game. We had Dobson off tackle on th left side so the argos shifted their rush to the other side, I just couldn?t figure out why we weren?t running the ball down their throats on the other side

GCn19

Liegghios horrible punting yesterday cost us more than his FG kicking did.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: GCn19 on November 21, 2022, 12:54:59 PM
Agreed punting was terrible. Leggs looked like Jaime Boreham from 2011 punting out there. He does have pro level leg strength. Even a guy about His size in Seth Small has more power.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

VictorRomano

Watched the replay and the closeup of the last FG attempt about 10 times.

Snap was mishandled by Prukop, and he never got the laces properly rotated.  Legghio was never making that kick.

bluengold204

Big time

bluengold204

Quote from: VictorRomano on November 21, 2022, 01:18:58 PM

Snap was mishandled by Prukop, and he never got the laces properly rotated.  Legghio was never making that kick.

Yup I noticed that too

jdrattops

Quote from: famicommander on November 21, 2022, 02:28:44 AM
It's never JUST on one player, but this was an easily identifiable problem. It happened last year and Sergio bailed them out, then I and many others spent the entire season warning against this exact scenario happening.

You live with it when a player like Collaros makes a bad play. You expect him to be great and he usually is, but nobody is perfect. He's won us so many games these last few years. He's a guy anybody in the league would be comfortable riding or dying with.

But Liegghio missing big kicks? That's something they should've known would happen. He's literally missed a kick in more than half the games he's ever attempted a kick in.

Great post, totally agree with you. 

TheDeuce

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on November 21, 2022, 04:15:55 AM
Not all on Leggs but he could have won us the game...

I was never sold on Leggs.  His overall FG percentage was fine (82.1%) but when the game was on the line (what I term his 'pressure percentage') there was a big question mark.  We saw that twice in the loss to Montreal and, of course, yesterday.  I posted elsewhere that the Bombers needed to carry a solid lead into the final quarter for both the Western Final and the GC since I was certain that we'd miss a game winning FG try in the final moments.  Heck, I even called the 'wide left'.

Painful day my friends.

m.
I went to the vet with my goldfish.
"I think it's got epilepsy" I says.
The vet takes a look & says, "It seems calm enough to me."

Stupid vet - I hadn't taken it out of the bowl yet.

goldenblue

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/1594523732097105921

Blue In BC

Many of our punts and / or K/O's all season were shorter than I would have expected. The question was whether that was a capability or strategic decision? Our coverage teams were not astoundingly great this season so that is why I suggest a possible ST decision over ability for longer kicks.

In some games where the opponent returner was not great, we did tend to kick longer. Many teams kick away from good returners which create more shorter and at times O/B kicks as well.

We'll never hear the complete answer but I think Liegghio improved in 2022 and I expect continued growth in 2023.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 21, 2022, 05:38:20 AM
Please try hard to make sensible comments.  Sure it's a disappointing loss.  Sure Marc Liegghio's misses contributed to the loss but there were other Bomber mistakes that equally caused us to lose this game. It's called a team game for a reason.  And most teams will say they win or lose as a team.  Laying it all on one person is not only unfair, it is unreasonable.  There were missed kicks, interceptions, sacks, explosion plays, missed blocking assignments and they all factor into the equation.

Yah not blaming the loss on Leggs, there were many contributing factors, but as it stands the Bomber kicking game is below championship caliber and needs to be improved.  It's vitally important they have an excellent kicker, without Castillos's perfect 5/5 performance in the 2021 GC, the Bombers do not repeat.  Again this game exposes Leggs weakness in pressure situation, he does not have the unshakeable confidence to perform at his highest level when the chips are down.

Regardless of the flubbed FG, punting and kickoffs were below average yesterday, field position is critical and in terms of yardage Leggs lost 15-20 yds. on every exchange with the 2 Argo kickers.  Maybe it's too much to expect an undersized athlete to do well in all aspects of the kicking game, the mechanics are very different for kicking and punting and Leggs is using a very short "driver" to try to achieve distance, while sacrificing accuracy.  Try driving a long-ball with a shorter club, there is a reason the #1 driver is the longest club in the bag.

The punt to the middle of the field that led to the Argos longest return is a also a gaff that hasn't received much attention, Leggs admitted post-game that his punt location was a mistake that should not have happened. 

theaardvark

He got the ball out of bounds inside the 15, and was kicking into a bad wind a lot.. not sure I saw a shanked punt last night.  HE had shorter kicks, but a longer average than his opponent.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

One of too many plays last night where execution was sloppy and the end result costly.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 21, 2022, 04:01:05 PM
Yah not blaming the loss on Leggs, there were many contributing factors, but as it stands the Bomber kicking game is below championship caliber and needs to be improved.  It's vitally important they have an excellent kicker, without Castillos's perfect 5/5 performance in the 2021 GC, the Bombers do not repeat.  Again this game exposes Leggs weakness in pressure situation, he does not have the unshakeable confidence to perform at his highest level when the chips are down.

Regardless of the flubbed FG, punting and kickoffs were below average yesterday, field position is critical and in terms of yardage Leggs lost 15-20 yds. on every exchange with the 2 Argo kickers.  Maybe it's too much to expect an undersized athlete to do well in all aspects of the kicking game, the mechanics are very different for kicking and punting and Leggs is using a very short "driver" to try to achieve distance, while sacrificing accuracy.  Try driving a long-ball with a shorter club, there is a reason the #1 driver is the longest club in the bag.

The punt to the middle of the field that led to the Argos longest return is a also a gaff that hasn't received much attention, Leggs admitted post-game that his punt location was a mistake that should not have happened. 
Trevor Kennard was an All-Star kicker that more than held his own with the leagues other kickers. Sorry, I?m not buying He s too short to kick theory