CFL Awards

Started by ModAdmin, November 18, 2022, 12:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

CFL Awards

Dalton Schoen named CFL's Most Outstanding Rookie.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

S1L1K0N

60% of the time it works 90% of the time!

TecnoGenius

Dalton was very well spoken, and seems like a great kid.  Good for him.
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Congratulations to Dalton Schoen, Stanley Bryant, Zach Collaros and Mike O'Shea for winning their awards. Great jobs by great people. 
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Lincoln Locomotive

We all knew Nathan Rourke was going to win the MOC however I feel bad for Nic Demski who played most of the season as did Brady Olivera who rushed for 1002 yards with 0 fumbles as a rusher and another 250+ yards passing......

No one can deny Rourke's impressive start and stats however I think you need to play at least 2/3 of a full season to qualify for the award.   Had he not been injured I also believe he would have won both MOC and the MOP awards as he was definitely on track for smashing all kinds of QB passing records.    However, he didn't play half a season and that doesn't sit well with me.   

Also, Dalton Schoen could have qualified for MOP player as well because he lead the league in total passing yardage and number of TDs as well as completing 41 of his 70 receptions on 2nd down.....another league leading statistic.   Nothing against Lewis who had a great season in his own right.   I guess we could only nominate one MOP and Zach was clearly the choice.    Fact is, Dalton's season was on par with Lewis if not greater and the fact that he is in his rookie season is even more astonishing.    To have Zach AND Dalton on the same team along with so many outstanding players is why we are 15-3 and playing for our 3rd consecutively Cup!!

There should be a category for most outstanding fans as well and we'd have won that award as well....hands down.   That last game against BC was off the charts in terms of fans helping their team to victory!
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Zach's foot looked pretty good.  Maybe a tiny touch limpy when he first starts walking.  But no problems as he climbed to the podium.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/11/17/cfl-awards-zach-collaros-wins-2022-most-outstanding-player-award/

Normal shoes on both.  Not sure if he did the different-sizes trick I proffered.  :D :D

I think we'll be ok!
Never go full Rider!

LXTSN

Stanley Bryant has a good case now for the best offensive lineman in the history of the CFL.
MOOL award in 4 of the last 5 seasons has never been done and probably won't be done again!

Tiger

Quote from: LXTSN on November 18, 2022, 12:32:44 PM
Stanley Bryant has a good case now for the best offensive lineman in the history of the CFL.
MOOL award in 4 of the last 5 seasons has never been done and probably won't be done again!

He is not as young, lost a step and is still the best in the league.  That is saying something.  I know people like Yoshi and Neufeld, as do I, but they are not close.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

bwiser

Hopefully the Bombers can coax one more season out of Bryant

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: bwiser on November 18, 2022, 03:10:50 PM
Hopefully the Bombers can coax one more season out of Bryant
Perhaps that will depend on the outcomes of the game?   When they asked AH33 he mentioned something about "riding into the sunset" if they win and less sure of his future if they didn't win.   It's always best to go out on top before "Father Time" taps you on the shoulder......
Bomber fan for life

M.O.A.B.

Apparently, after accepting his award last night Bryant said: "See you next year"

Take it for what it's worth.  :)

blue_gold_84

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on November 18, 2022, 05:02:33 PM
Apparently, after accepting his award last night Bryant said: "See you next year"

Take it for what it's worth.  :)

He'll be back.

Best OL ever.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Jockitch

Big congrats to our Bomber award winners.
Combined with their valued teammates and O'Shea's wonderful staff have put Winnipeg in the Grey Cup again

a special hooray for Bryant who has been a remarkable performing athlete and not to forget Walter's and his group
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE