Does the last 3 year make up for 28 years of disappointment?

Started by peg_city, November 15, 2022, 05:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does the last 3 year make up for 28 years of disappointment?

Yes, two Grey Cup wins and making it to a third Grey Cup is enough
17 (54.8%)
Yes, but only if we win the 3rd Grey Cup in a row on Sunday
9 (29%)
No, those were terrible years and three isn't enough
5 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: DM83 on November 17, 2022, 02:55:40 PM
Living in the past over something so pointless is dangerous.
We learned from the mistakes.  We have an educated group who can spend unaccountably, (the Province covers everything) so we should be enjoying this. Celebrate the future.

Not true at all, spending is constricted by numerous salary caps which the Bombers have never violated.  They have posted profits the last few seasons and attendance is up again this year, the agreement that was made with the province for IGF goes beyond the scope of football operations but has turned out well for both sides.

Lincoln Locomotive

Growing up through the glory days of Bud Grant, Leo Lewis and Kenny Ploen really spoiled me as a Bomber fan.   Once Bud Grant left for the NFL and Leo Lewis retired along with Kenny Ploen we went down hill quickly.  However, despite living through several eras of mediocrity IE. Joe Zaleski, Jeff Reinbold, Tim Burke et al there were some good years interspersed.    Through all the peaks and valleys I never lost my Bomber fandom....ever.   
When I went to my first Grey Cup game ever in 2019 I was rewarded with an astonishing experience and our victory over the TiCats was resounding!  To top it off AH33 won both the MVP & MOC awards as the first player EVER to achieve this milestone.   As a Bomber fan spanning nearly 6 decades I could literally have died and gone to Heaven on that glorious day!!  The 21 Cup was just icing on the cake and I was resigned to accept Hamilton winning their Cup in front of their fans....but then miraculously, we won it AGAIN in OT!!

A three peat would definitely place that elusive cherry on top and with no disrespect to AH33, I hope we neutralize him and Ouelette on Sunday and get the win.    Easier said than done.  This Bomber team wants to win not only for themselves, coaches and their own personal egos.....they want to win it for the BEST and LOUDEST. fans in the CFL.    Yes, if AH33 helps the Argos win,  it it will be considered epic, however he's playing mainly for his ego and pride, which in itself is AhRight....yet somehow shallow in comparison to the Bomber team collective.   

Ideally I'd prefer us to win a third straight Cup and for BO20 to win the MVP award.....it would be a fitting end to the season with AH33's protege playing a vital role in securing a third straight Cup....and being instrumental in achieving the status of Dynasty along with those incredible Winnipeg fans!  THAT would really be epic!!!

Bomber fan for life

ichabod_crane

Some of The early 80?s teams were close to the cusp of winning it all a few times if not for the evil empire (EE). To this day still believe they were shafted by a late roughing the passer call on John Helton. Unfortunately no challenges or replay reviews back then. That irks almost as much as the 2001 GC.

dd

I still remember watching that game in my apartment in Regina and was so upset i ripped my shirt off Hulk style, still pisses me off to this day. We were absolutely robbed on that call!!!