Does the last 3 year make up for 28 years of disappointment?

Started by peg_city, November 15, 2022, 05:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does the last 3 year make up for 28 years of disappointment?

Yes, two Grey Cup wins and making it to a third Grey Cup is enough
17 (54.8%)
Yes, but only if we win the 3rd Grey Cup in a row on Sunday
9 (29%)
No, those were terrible years and three isn't enough
5 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 30

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on November 16, 2022, 02:02:29 PM
We are owed:
2 cups for the Jeff Reinebold reign of error
1 cup for enduring Mike Kelly
2 for whatever the hell Tim Burke was trying to do
1 for Kevin Glenn's broken arm
6-peat!  ;D
lol
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Norm W

Guess my take is a little different, there were some terrible teams and coaching choices through some of those years... but every season we (Bomber Fans) were blessed with some entertaining football and potential that didn't materialize. There is only a handful of cities in this vast country where going to a game or supporting a team is even an option. On a larger scale there are people on this planet that have lived their entire lives without owning a pair of shoes never mind being able to log-on to a website and argue the merits of a football team winning enough to satisfy them. I'm simply grateful that I live in a country that affords me the opportunity to go to game if I choose, and to freely voice my opinion on a internet forum about anything I think is important, 1st world problems are a *****!   
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

bomb squad

Quote from: Norm W on November 16, 2022, 03:18:41 PM
Guess my take is a little different, there were some terrible teams and coaching choices through some of those years... but every season we (Bomber Fans) were blessed with some entertaining football and potential that didn't materialize. There is only a handful of cities in this vast country where going to a game or supporting a team is even an option. On a larger scale there are people on this planet that have lived their entire lives without owning a pair of shoes never mind being able to log-on to a website and argue the merits of a football team winning enough to satisfy them. I'm simply grateful that I live in a country that affords me the opportunity to go to game if I choose, and to freely voice my opinion on a internet forum about anything I think is important, 1st world problems are a *****!   

I nominate for Post Of The Year!

BlueInCgy

My previous post was clearly in jest.

Was the drought fun?  Parts of it were great, there were some phenomenal teams in that period. 

Were there some bad breaks?  Absolutely.  We should have won in 01 and 07.  The Jyles/Pierce year where we lost a pile of games by 3 points or less was worse on paper than reality.

Was there some terrible times?  Yes, I still am hesitant to fully believe in this team today due to how bad some of the football in that time was.

Have the last 3 seasons been amazing?  Absolutely. 

Jesse

Quote from: Norm W on November 16, 2022, 03:18:41 PM

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but this is simply not true, lol.
My wife is amazing!

peg_city

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 15, 2022, 11:20:44 PM
The Burke year for me was especially terrible. Just so demoralizing that year was.

We were a bad 3-15 team in 2013. Our team was closer to 1-17. Worse than the Reinbold era, IMO.

I don't think I've every seen a coach lose a dressing room as badly as that.

But at least we had a wonderful new stadium :D, so it wasn't a total loss

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: peg_city on November 16, 2022, 05:00:34 PM
We were a bad 3-15 team in 2013. Our team was closer to 1-17. Worse than the Reinbold era, IMO.

But at least we had a wonderful new stadium :D, so it wasn't a total loss
no, no it as not.

blue_gold_84

Can't say I understand the logic here.

It was one bad season with Burke as HC. It was two bad seasons with Reinebold HC and GM.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

peg_city

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 16, 2022, 05:50:36 PM
Can't say I understand the logic here.

It was one bad season with Burke as HC. It was two bad seasons with Reinebold HC and GM.

I guess that the Burke year was worse than any 1 year of Reinbold. At least the Reinbold era was entertaining.

(I don't blame Burke for 2013)

Jesse

2013 was just the low point of like, 2004-2015, a period which contained only two winning seasons and nothing but a wasteland of wasted years in-between.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on November 16, 2022, 08:36:18 PM
2013 was just the low point of like, 2004-2015, a period which contained only two winning seasons and nothing but a wasteland of wasted years in-between.
This ^

dd

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on November 16, 2022, 02:02:29 PM
We are owed:
2 cups for the Jeff Reinebold reign of error
1 cup for enduring Mike Kelly
2 for whatever the hell Tim Burke was trying to do
1 for Kevin Glenn's broken arm
6-peat!  ;D
Mike Kelly was a horror show that we weren t allowed to turn off. I 'll never forget his shotgun snaps are.for high school comment and thought oh boy we are in deep deep trouble!!! and we were!!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: dd on November 17, 2022, 02:58:51 AM
Mike Kelly was a horror show that we weren t allowed to turn off. I 'll never forget his shotgun snaps are.for high school comment and thought oh boy we are in deep deep trouble!!! and we were!!

I never forget the RBs are coming from way behind the backfield to get the handoff. LOL!

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Ya know how they say when a coach gets fired mid-season the team get fired up and motivated to make a good impression on the new guy?
Burke lost his head coaching debut 52-0.

DM83

Living in the past over something so pointless is dangerous.
We learned from the mistakes.  We have an educated group who can spend unaccountably, (the Province covers everything) so we should be enjoying this. Celebrate the future.