Does the last 3 year make up for 28 years of disappointment?

Started by peg_city, November 15, 2022, 05:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does the last 3 year make up for 28 years of disappointment?

Yes, two Grey Cup wins and making it to a third Grey Cup is enough
17 (54.8%)
Yes, but only if we win the 3rd Grey Cup in a row on Sunday
9 (29%)
No, those were terrible years and three isn't enough
5 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 30

peg_city

If I do my Manitoba math, 1990 was the last Grey Cup before this latest run. Let's say an average of 9 teams in the league per year. So, if we were average we should have won a Grey Cup every 9 years. 1999, 2008, 2017.

Bluehawk

I was there for all 29 years of drought and despair.
All that did was make these past 4 years sweeter
Year 1...Relief, range of emotions that my father missed the victory...but a glorious celebration in Calgary
Year 2...I hate Covid
Year 3...Wonderful elation and celebration...complete different experience in the hostile Hamilton
Year 4...Will this be a dynasty??  See you in Regina!!!  Go Bombers
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

blue_gold_84

Yes. A third straight championship would only solidify that.

2019's end result alone was enough for me, to be honest. But it's fun to be greedy and enjoy the spoils of the last few years as the WFC has established itself as the class of the CFL.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

bwiser

I have had season tickets for 44 years and five Grey Cups is not nearly enough. Its nice that the Bombers should win three Grey Cups in a row but before the most recent Grey Cup drought the Bombers has another long Grey Cup drought before that lasting from 1962-1984. Five Grey Cups since 1962 is not close to enough.

GOLDMEMBER

A third would do it in my eyes. So many years of pain. Need 3 at least with last at the Riders house to cap it off this year. We should be quite good if we can hang on MOS and staff?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

3 works out to roughly once every 9 years or average, so ya it?s ok, still those were terribly rough rough years. TJ Rubley, Goltz the doltz, reinbold, augh the pain comes back so quick!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on November 15, 2022, 11:17:36 PM
3 works out to roughly once every 9 years or average, so ya it?s ok, still those were terribly rough rough years. TJ Rubley, Goltz the doltz, reinbold, augh the pain comes back so quick!!!
The Burke year for me was especially terrible. Just so demoralizing that year was.

Point of attack

I?d rather wait till post game to answer? but yes ,it really does.

M.O.A.B.

a 3rd Grey Cup will make the Riders more lesser compare to us. What they did in 100 yrs can we do in 3 consecutive years? Thats all I care.  ;D

BlueInCgy

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on November 15, 2022, 11:56:51 PM
a 3rd Grey Cup will make the Riders more lesser compare to us. What they did in 100 yrs can we do in 3 consecutive years? Thats all I care.  ;D
I like the way you think!

pjrocksmb

Hall MOS and their merry men have been worth it already

Forum sure cheered up lol

Sir Blue and Gold

There were also a lot of great times during the 28 years the Bombers didn't win the Grey Cup. Maybe it's easy to paint it all with the same brush but I also have tons of great memories from cheering on the Bombers through that time.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

We are owed:
2 cups for the Jeff Reinebold reign of error
1 cup for enduring Mike Kelly
2 for whatever the hell Tim Burke was trying to do
1 for Kevin Glenn's broken arm
6-peat!  ;D

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on November 16, 2022, 01:48:31 PM
There were also a lot of great times during the 28 years the Bombers didn't win the Grey Cup. Maybe it's easy to paint it all with the same brush but I also have tons of great memories from cheering on the Bombers through that time.

This.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.