BLM traded to the Ti-Cats

Started by The Zipp, November 14, 2022, 05:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

So i guess he can sign there if he wants as a free agent...

Good move for the Ti-Cats I suppose...

The Zipp

BREAKING: Hearing that the
@Ticats
have traded for the rights to
@calstampeders
QB Bo Levi Mitchell. #CFL #Stamps #Ticats

Ridermania

M.O.A.B.

Riders should trade for Vernon Adams. He's not an elite QB but at least he's better than nothing. Fajardo will play backup somewhere.

Blue In BC

Well it gives them the 1st chance to work out a new deal before free agency. Whether they are successful or not we'll see but a lot of things may change before then. Some reports suggested that MBT might retire in Toronto and BLM might prefer that choice.

In any case what did the TiCats give up in exchange for those rights? I suppose it will be contingent on him signing.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bwiser

I am not sorry to see Mitchell leave the division. I think he still has a lot left in the tank. Hamilton is a decent team that had inconsistent quarterbacking and that will be solved if they can get Mitchell signed.

3rdand1.5

Interesting, I guessed that is where he would land, we shall see.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on November 14, 2022, 06:15:25 PM
Conditional picks?

Yes. The east division will have an interesting free agency period. I think Harris, MBT and possibly Masoli are all potential free agents. Could be some musical chairs going on with teams deciding what to do.

Lions, Riders and Elks might want or need to address QB needs.

I thought BLM would end up with the Argos and that could still happen. If Rourke goes to NFL, the Lions may enter the picture of his interests?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 14, 2022, 05:29:49 PM
Well it gives them the 1st chance to work out a new deal before free agency. Whether they are successful or not we'll see but a lot of things may change before then. Some reports suggested that MBT might retire in Toronto and BLM might prefer that choice.

I don't get this, it's not like MBT has accomplished anything yet.  He gets awfully worked up about football, for it not to mean anything to him.

BlueInCgy

A bit surprised it's so soon, but I guess it gives him plenty of time to negotiate.  Seems like an announcement that would normally be made after the GC though.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 14, 2022, 06:42:52 PM
I don't get this, it's not like MBT has accomplished anything yet.  He gets awfully worked up about football, for it not to mean anything to him.

He's 34, apparently has business interests outside of football and is already wealthy.

Football is hard.
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 14, 2022, 05:29:49 PM

In any case what did the TiCats give up in exchange for those rights? I suppose it will be contingent on him signing.

Naylor suggested it was a safe bet that BLM signs with Hammy.

It's a good spot for him.
My wife is amazing!

Norm W

This is more about Calgary getting something for Bo before he leaves for FA than it is about Hamilton landing him. It gives Hamilton an opportunity to sign him ahead of anybody else but that's about it, the winner in this news story is the Stamps... assuming its not contingent on BLM actually signing they literally got something for nothing, BLM wasn't staying in Calgary.
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)