Zach health updates?

Started by GOLDMEMBER, November 14, 2022, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on November 16, 2022, 10:29:09 PM
IR, PR, everyone goes to the GC for the Bombers. Our IR and PR players are some of our biggest cheerleaders at the home games. The boys are always dancing on the sidelines and pumping up the crowd.

Speaks to the team dynamic.  And the issue with the team in SSK. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bluebeard

Quote from: Ridermania on November 16, 2022, 07:32:16 PM
Thursday is closed practice, so won't know until open practice and media day on Friday.

Collaros did not practice today but Mike did say that he will start on Sunday.  The only thing that bothers me is the weather and field in Regina.  A slippery field could aggravate the injury to the extent that may hamper him.  Heres hoping everything goes well.

Pigskin

About what we expected. I expect he will be on the field on Friday.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bluebeard on November 17, 2022, 08:27:49 PM
Collaros did not practice today but Mike did say that he will start on Sunday.  The only thing that bothers me is the weather and field in Regina.  A slippery field could aggravate the injury to the extent that may hamper him.  Heres hoping everything goes well.

If Zach has 85% mobility Bombers win, if it falls below 75% all bets are off. 

Pigskin

ZC8 says he will practice tomorrow.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

pjrocksmb

He will throw for 225 2td 1int

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 17, 2022, 09:17:02 PM
If Zach has 85% mobility Bombers win, if it falls below 75% all bets are off. 
If Zack has 20% mobility, he'll have the same mobility as MBT

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on November 17, 2022, 11:30:29 PM

You'd think so, but when forced from the pocket MBT actually runs quite well, he can easily pick up 10-15 yds. if he finds open space.  He's not as big or fast as Cornelius but he's still hard to bring down, he's also tough as nails.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 17, 2022, 11:59:14 PM
You'd think so, but when forced from the pocket MBT actually runs quite well, he can easily pick up 10-15 yds. if he finds open space.  He's not as big or fast as Cornelius but he's still hard to bring down, he's also tough as nails.

Yup, MBT is kind of invincible.  I don't think he's ever missed a game due to injury.  He can take unlimited sacks and whacks and just bounces back up and looks at you with those crazy eyes.

He's not the fastest, but if there's green field in front, he'll take off.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Calling it here first. Brown comes into the game if zach is major league hobbling and wins grey cup mvp! :D will be some picks from bombers D for sure. MBT throws at least two a game.

Tiger

Quote from: ichabod_crane on November 18, 2022, 07:44:39 AM
Calling it here first. Brown comes into the game if zach is major league hobbling and wins grey cup mvp! :D will be some picks from bombers D for sure. MBT throws at least two a game.

Placing a Vegas bet on that? ;)
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

J5V

Hopefully what happened to Zach wasn't too serious, no major muscle tears or ligament damage. If that's the case, it's amazing what a week of physio can do. If it is more serious, pain management, a brace, and/or a good tape job can do wonders too.

You can bet there are players on both sides suffering similar maladies. No team is 100% healthy at this stage of the season. Plenty of bumps and bruises on the Argo side too.

Pain thresholds vary amongst players and some cope better than others. This isn't baseball. You can bet Rourke has endured plenty of pain during his two playoffs games and that is another thing he is to be admired for. The guy gutted it out in must-win situations and he got his team close. There is no doubt in my mind that Zach will gut it out in similar fashion. The guy refuses to even acknowledge there is an issue.
Go Bombers!