Zach health updates?

Started by GOLDMEMBER, November 14, 2022, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

From Bob Irving:

Zach Collaros Grey Cup watch, Episode 1?Zach walked comfortably down the steps when the Bombers flight landed in Regina tonite. No walking boot, no sign of any issues with his right leg/ankle. Stay tuned for more.

J5V

Quote from: TBURGESS on November 15, 2022, 10:14:11 PM
MOS saying he's fine means the foot is still attached to the leg.

Ha ha ha ha ... ain't that the truth?
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Well he got on and off the plane with no issues!   :)

He ankle looked completely mobil and fine on those sketchy steps. He looks to be well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

J5V

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 16, 2022, 01:28:01 AM
Well he got on and off the plane with no issues!   :)

That might have been a doppelganger. I heard the real Zach Colaros is still crippled back in Winnipeg and is frantically getting rehab from a team of doctors and physiotherapists. ;)
Go Bombers!

northof30

Quote from: J5V on November 16, 2022, 01:58:39 AM
That might have been a doppelganger. I heard the real Zach Colaros is still crippled back in Winnipeg and is frantically getting rehab from a team of doctors and physiotherapists. ;)
I heard the foot had to be amputated and his status has been downgraded to questionable.

GOLDMEMBER

Alright alright enough of this joking. Find another topic to gag about! What the heck is a matter with you both! WTH!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: northof30 on November 16, 2022, 02:26:59 AM
I heard the foot had to be amputated and his status has been downgraded to questionable.
Nice of you to bloody show up and post this loonie tunes addition. :-X

J5V

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 16, 2022, 02:45:18 AM
Nice of you to bloody show up and post this loonie tunes addition. :-X

Alright, alright, let's be serious here. I, for one, am very glad to hear Zach was walking without discomfort. The weather report for Sunday doesn't look too bad but of course, that can change between now and then. A healthy Zach will be a very welcome sight. The cold weather would only have aggravated a sore foot. Let's hope he's 100% good to go in any kind of weather.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on November 15, 2022, 12:59:19 PM
Like one poster said - you will see how he is walking at the award ceremony.  If he can get his foot rammed into a dress shoe we should be ok

Get him a new pair of shoes, one size 11, the other size 16W  ;D ;D ;D  Kinda like Lucky needed for his gloves last year.

Quote from: Horseman on November 15, 2022, 11:14:03 PM
I just watch the news and it showed ZC climbing the stairs onto the plane and he was walking and going up stairs with no difficulty, hesitation or limp. He is fine.

https://twitter.com/Ted_Wyman/status/1592682071625203712?s=20

Thanks, yes that video is very very good news for all of us!  Would be hard to fake that level of "normal walking".

But for the love of God, can't someone carry his luggage for him?!

Quote from: J5V on November 16, 2022, 01:58:39 AM

And aliens; don't forget the aliens!  Their tech can work wonders on sprained ankles.  :D

Quote from: northof30 on November 16, 2022, 02:26:59 AM

It was still hanging by a tendon, so MOS still reports "he's fine".  Will have to physically move the foot 100km away from Zach before MOS will change his status to "questionable".
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on November 15, 2022, 05:00:31 PM
Harris is a problem, sure.  But Ouellette scares me.  If he gets going, and finds some space downhill, he's a load to stop. 

Ouellette is a young'in.  AH33 is the veteran beast, and from the looks of it this might be AH's final game because his body is clearly falling apart.  I'm more worried about AH throwing all caution to the wind and having a game for the ages: IF he gets the help he needs from that OL.

Ouellette was born in Ohio and U in Ohio, and Ohio has winter, but it ain't like Regina.  I think Ouellette will be as cocky as Butler was but it only modestly effective.  I bet the cold causes him to cough one up at least once.
Never go full Rider!

the.inkster

Here's a video of Zach boarding the plane to Regina.

https://youtu.be/razk15R0nek?t=100

Blue In BC

Quote from: the.inkster on November 16, 2022, 01:19:32 PM
Here's a video of Zach boarding the plane to Regina.

https://youtu.be/razk15R0nek?t=100

Seemed like a relatively good sign. He may have had a slight caution walking but not far off normal. No boot etc.

I'd think he may be " limited " a bit in practice but that's not unusual for a vet QB needing to heal more. Brown needs to get a few additional reps in case he needs to play at some point in the game.

No worries at the moment.

Who was the player on crutches? Looked like one of the DB's maybe Thompson. Nice to see the IR guys going to the game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Yes, he's not 100%. And I can't see him doing much at practice till Friday. A good tape job and a shot and he will be fine for the GC.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

55StickCar

I believe Harris and Ouellette will be coming at us hard and often. Possibly with mostly Ouellette carrying the ball but not necessarily so.Although he is a big fellow and can block for Andrew too.
If we can limit that part of their game we will be fine. They are definitely going to try to wear that DL down.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: 55StickCar on November 16, 2022, 03:54:36 PM
I believe Harris and Ouellette will be coming at us hard and often. Possibly with mostly Ouellette carrying the ball but not necessarily so.Although he is a big fellow and can block for Andrew too.
If we can limit that part of their game we will be fine. They are definitely going to try to wear that DL down.

The bigger danger IMO is Harris or Ouellette catching screen passes 10 yds. down field and rumbling for 20 more through the secondary.  Against the Als Harris caught 1/30 yds. and Ouellette caught 2/53 yds.  This is a very hard play to defend against as it's usually ad-libbed, hopefully Hall assigns Darby to spy the RB sneaking out of the backfield.