Zach health updates?

Started by GOLDMEMBER, November 14, 2022, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TBURGESS

Collaros was limping after the game, not walking properly. Of course he thinks he's ready to go. I'll wait to see how much he practices this week before I guess if he's gonna be available for the GC.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on November 14, 2022, 10:22:22 PM
Collaros was limping after the game, not walking properly. Of course he thinks he's ready to go. I'll wait to see how much he practices this week before I guess if he's gonna be available for the GC.

Yes, I don't see where the "walked normally" crowd gets that from... watch the whole post-game again.  He's wounded.

The blue hopium is strong on this forum!

The tweet says he'll be "available" for the GC.  Doesn't mean he won't be immobile or limping or "pulling a Strevie".

We can't get too carried away in either direction.  He might very well be near 100% on Sunday.  It might have not been bad.  The cold by the end of the game might have made it seem worse.  But... it also might be worse than it looked.  He might be completely immobile in the pocket or not play at all.  I just don't see how we can know until game day?
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

They are saying available because they found no structural damage I assume. We shall see what he does this week and the pain factor. But I recall 1991, the first Grey Cup here when the unavailable Matt Dunigan started to the surprise of all. And won. I think Calgary was demoralized just seeing him on the field.  I half wish we would say he can't go and then start him.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

J5V

I don't think this Grey Cup game is going to be one where there is a lot of throwing the football. It's going to be cold, probably windy, and that field is going to be frozen rock-hard solid. I am not sure it's a game where Zach or MBT, two QBs that like to throw the ball, are going to excel. Frozen footballs are hard to throw and they're harder to catch.

If Zach can't go who gives us the better chance to win, Dru Brown or Dakota Prukop?  I'm wondering if it's Prukop. He's bigger, stonger, might be faster, and might be exactly the kind of cold weather stud QB you need to win a CFL football game in the frozen confines of Mosaic.

If I'm the Bombers I'm okay with an offensive strategy of BO, BO, BO and a mix of Demski, Sheed, Shoen, and Prukop taking off with it every once in a while mixed in. I'm not sure it could be stopped and would showcase what is arguably the best offensive line in the CFL.

If I'm the Argos I'm thinking this is going to be a nasty game of smash-mouth trench warfare and the team with the best dogs is ultimately going to be hoisting Lord Stanley's mug on Sunday. I can't wait.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on November 14, 2022, 10:57:43 PM
They are saying available because they found no structural damage I assume. We shall see what he does this week and the pain factor. But I recall 1991, the first Grey Cup here when the unavailable Matt Dunigan started to the surprise of all. And won. I think Calgary was demoralized just seeing him on the field.  I half wish we would say he can't go and then start him.

Oh you better believe that is MOS's plan.  He's "the boy who cried game time decision".  But it's worked so far!
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on November 15, 2022, 12:18:25 AM
I don't think this Grey Cup game is going to be one where there is a lot of throwing the football. It's going to be cold, probably windy, and that field is going to be frozen rock-hard solid. I am not sure it's a game where Zach or MBT, two QBs that like to throw the ball, are going to excel. Frozen footballs are hard to throw and they're harder to catch.

If Zach can't go who gives us the better chance to win, Dru Brown or Dakota Prukop?  I'm wondering if it's Prukop. He's bigger, stonger, might be faster, and might be exactly the kind of cold weather stud QB you need to win a CFL football game in the frozen confines of Mosaic.

If I'm the Bombers I'm okay with an offensive strategy of BO, BO, BO and a mix of Demski, Sheed, Shoen, and Prukop taking off with it every once in a while mixed in. I'm not sure it could be stopped and would showcase what is arguably the best offensive line in the CFL.

If I'm the Argos I'm thinking this is going to be a nasty game of smash-mouth trench warfare and the team with the best dogs is ultimately going to be hoisting Lord Stanley's mug on Sunday. I can't wait.
Stanley? Or Lord Grey? ;D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on November 15, 2022, 12:18:25 AM

Lord Earl Grey my man!

I think there will be more air than you think.  Neither team will win by the ground alone.  I would expect we'll have another 200-ish yards game.  Since MBT is a slinger, I'd expect him to top 300 as he almost always does, especially if they get behind.

The Brown/Prukop is a great question, I've been thinking about it too.  Obviously you're dressing all 3 guys.  I think you're right about the guys vis a vis the cold.  Prukop might be the better choice as he can also give you the Strevie run threat every play.  Brown is a better passes and sees the field better.  Could do a Strevie-type platoon if Zach isn't playing.
Never go full Rider!

road griller

This isn?t week 5.  Zach will play, lot?s of time to rehab after this game.

J5V

Did I say Stanley? Thanks guys for the correction. Must be tired.   :-[
Go Bombers!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 15, 2022, 01:43:40 AM
Lord Earl Grey my man!

I think there will be more air than you think.  Neither team will win by the ground alone.  I would expect we'll have another 200-ish yards game.  Since MBT is a slinger, I'd expect him to top 300 as he almost always does, especially if they get behind.

The Brown/Prukop is a great question, I've been thinking about it too.  Obviously you're dressing all 3 guys.  I think you're right about the guys vis a vis the cold.  Prukop might be the better choice as he can also give you the Strevie run threat every play.  Brown is a better passes and sees the field better.  Could do a Strevie-type platoon if Zach isn't playing.

The reason I think it's gonna be a ground-and-pound type of game is because both secondaries can be lethal. Throwing the ball in bad weather is seldom a good idea and could prove suicidal.

Of the 3 Bomber QBs, methinks only 1 gives you a runner's edge, and that's Prukop.  He's our Streveler and we could very well need him to be.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on November 15, 2022, 04:25:16 AM
The reason I think it's gonna be a ground-and-pound type of game is because both secondaries can be lethal. Throwing the ball in bad weather is seldom a good idea and could prove suicidal.

Sure, but that goes out the window as soon as a team gets down 2 scores after the half.  Whoever finds themself in that position will be chucking that ball come 4th Q!  Let's hope it's not us.  Let's hope the game doesn't come down to our D having to stop MBT from chucking a couple deep ones to get in FG range with 0:00 on the clock...

We'll see how the wind shakes out.  As the forecast stands it'll be a slight problem.  If it dies down closer to game day, it'll be a non-factor.  That would open the door to more air plays, even with the cold.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Zach will go 18 for 25, 225 yards
2td
1int
Game will be won by club that dominates the line of scrimmage, which I expect will be us

TecnoGenius

I rewatched the Zach injury play and replays a few times.  We need someone who has dealt with an injury like this to chime in.  His foot was at least 90 degrees (possibly 100-110) pointing outwards from his body.  I'm trying right now to get my foot to do that and it gets real painful and stuck at around 45 degrees.  So his foot was twisted much more than is healthy, that's for sure.

The pain/stretch seems to start on the inwards side of the foot, not the ankle.  It doesn't look pleasant on Zach.  At its max twist it is very unnatural looking.

However, nothing looks broken or out of whack when it pops back.

The next sideline shots show him taking a happy pill.  That explains his exuberant post-game interview.  :D :D :D  He said he felt great because he really did!  No cares in the world.   ;D ;D ;D

Praying for Zach... want to seem him play, but we can't give him a lifelong injury by being cavalier, and it's not just because I'm altruistic: we have him on guaranteed contract for 3 more years!
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 15, 2022, 07:27:47 AM
I rewatched the Zach injury play and replays a few times.  We need someone who has dealt with an injury like this to chime in.  His foot was at least 90 degrees (possibly 100-110) pointing outwards from his body.  I'm trying right now to get my foot to do that and it gets real painful and stuck at around 45 degrees.  So his foot was twisted much more than is healthy, that's for sure.

The pain/stretch seems to start on the inwards side of the foot, not the ankle.  It doesn't look pleasant on Zach.  At its max twist it is very unnatural looking.

However, nothing looks broken or out of whack when it pops back.

The next sideline shots show him taking a happy pill.  That explains his exuberant post-game interview.  :D :D :D  He said he felt great because he really did!  No cares in the world.   ;D ;D ;D

Praying for Zach... want to seem him play, but we can't give him a lifelong injury by being cavalier, and it's not just because I'm altruistic: we have him on guaranteed contract for 3 more years!

I've looked at it too. Time will tell. A week isn't a lot of recovery time but if Zach can't go, this team will rally behind whoever is behind center.
Go Bombers!