When will Sask fans make noise in the GC?

Started by TecnoGenius, November 14, 2022, 05:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When will Sask fans get loud in the GC?  (Who do they hate more?)

When WPG is on O
16 (61.5%)
When TOR is on O
2 (7.7%)
Neither: they'll be ambivalent
4 (15.4%)
Both: they'll hate equally
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: November 16, 2022, 05:19:49 AM

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 14, 2022, 08:48:43 PM
Say no more.

Riderfans.com: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

:D :D :D
My wife is amazing!

GCn19

I have been to a great number of Grey Cups over the past 40 years. In my experience, with the exception of when the home team was playing in the game, the crowd is not your typical football game crowd in so far as cheering goes. People in Regina will be there to take in the game and Grey Cup atmosphere and will cheer good plays for both sides. Can the Bombers get 5k in the seats in Regina? Depends. Right now...I doubt it, unless some hotel rooms open up real soon that aren't 2k a night. Regina, as always, remains an absolute disaster for fans looking to attend a Grey Cup from out of town and their local businesses are just as much to blame for  absolute price gouging of the highest order.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: GCn19 on November 15, 2022, 01:28:40 PM
I have been to a great number of Grey Cups over the past 40 years. In my experience, with the exception of when the home team was playing in the game, the crowd is not your typical football game crowd in so far as cheering goes. People in Regina will be there to take in the game and Grey Cup atmosphere and will cheer good plays for both sides. Can the Bombers get 5k in the seats in Regina? Depends. Right now...I doubt it, unless some hotel rooms open up real soon that aren't 2k a night. Regina, as always, remains an absolute disaster for fans looking to attend a Grey Cup from out of town and their local businesses are just as much to blame for  absolute price gouging of the highest order.
As GCn19 has so eloquently put the GC crowds are anyways kinda blah if both teams are out of town participants. This one will be on different. Noise will not be a factor for either side. A slight roar from the Bomber fans in attendance should not make a difference when TO is on O.   
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bwiser

Quote from: GCn19 on November 15, 2022, 01:28:40 PM
Have to find a nice warm bus shelter. Thats the Winnipeg way!

wpg#1

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 14, 2022, 08:40:23 PM
Thanks Mania!  You're the true class of Riderville.  P.S. Thanks for all your GC/Regina tips.  Keep 'em coming!

Have any advice on where to eat late (9-11pm) in Moose Jaw on a Sunday night?  Or, I guess, where to eat on the west side of Regina?  Everything seems to be closed on Sundays in that province, and nothing is open late.  It's like Scotland.

Rodo's Pizza on 9th ave south. Open until 10 Sunday night. Great Pizza ! the real heavy, lots of toppings kind of pizza !
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on November 15, 2022, 09:00:54 AM

1993   Edmonton Eskimos   Winnipeg Blue Bombers   33-23   Calgary (Host city) - I believe Sammy Garza was the Bombers starter as Dunnigan got injured in the Eastern final if I recall correctly.

1996   Toronto Argonauts   Edmonton Eskimos   43-37   Hamilton (Host city) - the snow bowl.

Ya, so the "hated rival team GC in our stadium" is pretty rare.  Funny, that.

Now, those with long memories who were at those games: do you remember if the atmosphere was any different from what everyone agrees is a "normal" GC?

I guess a big part of it this time will be if the Saskie fans leave their cowbells, horns and clappers at home!

wpg#1: thanks for the tip, we may head there post-game then!
Never go full Rider!