Proulx is reffing eastern final - not our game - yay

Started by Tiger, November 13, 2022, 05:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

The Zipp

blue_gold_84

I don't get the dislike of Proulx, to be honest. His group seems pretty consistent.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

ModAdmin

Believe he is considered near the top, if not the top, CFL official.  I suspect he will be the Grey Cup senior official.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

Valessi's crew, OTOH, is trash we have to endure today.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on November 13, 2022, 05:40:47 PM
I don't mind Proulx...we will get Kroeker

Ya, I agree with the others.  Proulx is by far the most competent, and his quirkiness is eminently likeable.  (And he sings songs on youtube!  ;D ;D ;D)

I too thought it'd be Kroeker.  But I guess Valessi must have scored better in-season (or seniority).  Valessi's crew was really messing us up at times.  However, they partially "paid us back" with the HTF call late, even though it wasn't needed.

I have no doubt it'll be Proulx in the GC.

Modadmin is right, Proulx is destined for reffing greatness and recognition.  If refs can go into HOF, he'll be a HOF ref.  Can't wait to see that bust!
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Agree Proulx is solid, Tiger served up a nothing burger imo

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

TheDeuce

Proulx is by far the best in the League IMHO but man, he had a rough start his first few seasons.  I used to call him Proulx the Foulx he was so bad.  Gotta give him credit though, he's become one of the best I've seen.

m.
I went to the vet with my goldfish.
"I think it's got epilepsy" I says.
The vet takes a look & says, "It seems calm enough to me."

Stupid vet - I hadn't taken it out of the bowl yet.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Tiger on November 14, 2022, 02:43:46 PM
Some short memories here

Haha, ya, he's had his share of bad calls.  But which ref hasn't?

"illegal procedure, defence, they made the offence move"

Funny thing is, he was right, and that really is a thing.  Who woulda guessed.

But Proulx is the only one to call "tandem block" since they revamped that rule a few years ago.  I wish they'd call tandem more often, but clearly the league downplays it and told Proulx to calm down.  Bombers tandem block for gains nearly every game.

All said and done, in the last 5 years there is no better ref than Proulx.
Never go full Rider!