The Good, Bad and Ugly

Started by ModAdmin, November 14, 2022, 01:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

The Good

The win and a team ticket to the Grey Cup for the 3rd consecutive time.
Brady Oliviera Running skills.  Andrew who???
The Oline
Janarion Grant with yet another huge return at the right time
Bomber fans making life difficult for the Lions

The Bad

The Lions offence
Untimely penalties by the Lions
The score being close
The late injury to Zach Collaros

The Ugly

Nothing....a trip to the Grey Cup again makes life good.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

dd

Ya he should be fined for that. No room in the game for such cheapness

GOLDMEMBER

Good

We are in

Bad

Zach how is the foot? Man oh man

Ugly

Zlitch
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

BlueInCgy

Good

Heading back to the dance
Oliveira had a beast game
Defence was dominant
Grant was great half the time

Bad

INTs that were missed that could have salted the game away early
Lawrence catching the INT instead of batting the ball down.  30 yards in field position, in a drive that we needed to stretch out the field to preserve the win, and Zach gets hurt doing it.
Grant was bad half the time.
A few pretty obvious calls missed.

Ugly

Leggio.  Sorry, but too many PAT misses (net four point swing)

Pigskin

Teams were a rollercoaster today/night. Grant fumble was terrible, Leggs, missing 2 extra points. We also took a few uncharacteristic penalties. ND10 holding penalty was a big one. ZC8 had one picked off in the end zone, and there was two more could have been picked. With the way our D played, we should have blowen BC out tonight.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

3rdand1.5

Good...we won

Bad...we didn't play all that we'll

Ugly...1 int...almost 3....flubbed kick return...untimely penalties, and 2 misses PAT, those are completely inexcusable!!

GOLDMEMBER

What is injury concern level meter look like to you all?

6/10 concerning to me.

BlueInCgy

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 14, 2022, 03:42:31 AM
What is injury concern level meter look like to you all?

6/10 concerning to me.

Zach's got a week to heal up, he wasn't helped off the field, and he was moving without assistance after the game.  I have no doubt that was mostly adrenaline, and he'll be limping on Monday, but he'll be ready to go.  That being said, I suspect Buck's going to run a variety show QB package in the GC.  Strevy won with a broken foot, so can Zach.

Pigskin

Tonight, I would say, 50/50 ZC* plays in the GC. He was having trouble walking, never mind running.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: BlueInCgy on November 14, 2022, 03:46:04 AM
Zach's got a week to heal up, he wasn't helped off the field, and he was moving without assistance after the game.  I have no doubt that was mostly adrenaline, and he'll be limping on Monday, but he'll be ready to go.  That being said, I suspect Buck's going to run a variety show QB package in the GC.  Strevy won with a broken foot, so can Zach.
Good point.

ModAdmin

Zach said aftr the game he will be ready next week.  Hoping we hear that same message tomorrow.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Quote from: peg_city on November 14, 2022, 01:46:10 AM
Also bad,

Chungh?s hit on Clements at the end of the game.

https://twitter.com/3downnation/status/1591951748624965632?s=46&t=_1GJkE8oem90Of4PxqZBng

Yes, this was a very dirty play. I am sure he will be missing part of his game check for that one.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: peg_city on November 14, 2022, 01:46:10 AM
Chungh?s hit on Clements at the end of the game.

I saw it live and was like "yay penalty, BC can't win now".  I didn't realize how massive it was and that it might have injured Clements.  Anyone know how he was doing post-game?  Don't want him stuck on the protocol for the GC!  He was monster out there tonight!  Superb
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BlueInCgy on November 14, 2022, 03:46:04 AM
Strevy won with a broken foot, so can Zach.

There's only one Strevie!

That, and there's a difference between 25 and 32, on several levels...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 14, 2022, 04:18:39 AM
Zach said aftr the game he will be ready next week.  Hoping we hear that same message tomorrow.

And I have a bridge to sell you, maybe one with a million dollar toilet!  :D

I don't think we'll get any straight answer until next Saturday, really.  The first hint will be Zach will be DNP.  The bigger hint is when he's DNP all week.  If we're lucky we'll see him practice by day 3.  If not... I'm still AH's #1 fan, so at least there's that.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Good
Run game
Crowd
D
Bad
Turnovers
Ugly
Point after
Zachs ankle

TecnoGenius

GOOD

2Q7:02 Mr "I Don't Spin" Oliveira does one of the best, quickest spin moves I've ever seen!  He dekes guys and breaks tackles to get a long 8 on 2nd down on a screen pass!  Might have been his best run of the night?  At least in terms of finesse.  Sweet
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on November 14, 2022, 04:23:33 AM
Yes, this was a very dirty play. I am sure he will be missing part of his game check for that one.

I don't see anything dirty about it, clean hit and Chungh is playing to the whistle on a critical last chance play.  Clements was so focused on the ball cariier he missed the elephant coming his way.

TBURGESS

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 14, 2022, 05:13:51 PM
I don't see anything dirty about it, clean hit and Chungh is playing to the whistle on a critical last chance play.  Clements was so focused on the ball cariier he missed the elephant coming his way.
It would have been a clean hit several years ago, before they changed the rules, but now, it's the right call.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

Blindside block towards your own end zone has been a penalty for a reason. 315+ lb OL hitting a 225 LB with full force from behind at speed? And you don't see anything dirty about it? Yikes
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 14, 2022, 05:33:21 PM
Blindside block towards your own end zone has been a penalty for a reason. 315+ lb OL hitting a 225 LB with full force from behind at speed? And you don't see anything dirty about it? Yikes
I know, some of these comments just leave you shaking your head. It's a 15 yd UR all day long and rightfully so. The league has taken these cheap hits out of the game and rightfully so

bwiser

Quote from: dd on November 14, 2022, 05:43:59 PM
I know, some of these comments just leave you shaking your head. It's a 15 yd UR all day long and rightfully so. The league has taken these cheap hits out of the game and rightfully so
The worst thing about the hit is it may cost Clemens a Grey Cup appearance.

Blue In BC

Quote from: bwiser on November 14, 2022, 05:48:48 PM

Hopefully that won't be the case. Re-watching the play a few times I don't know he was actually injured more than just knocked stunned / breathless so to speak.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

We all know how nasty Chungh can be. At the game we only got one look at it, in really time. You knew it was a penalty. Watching it now on reply, Chungh knew what he was doing, and knew that Clements was in a vulnerable position. It was a cheap/dirty hit.

theaardvark

Quote from: bwiser on November 14, 2022, 05:48:48 PM

Going on the IR may cost the appearance, but not the compensation...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on November 14, 2022, 06:11:26 PM

That's true but players want to play and that's as important as the money and ring. He just came back from injury recently and was playing quite well. He got hit on literally the last play of the game.

Not only dirty but so unnecessary.  I doubt Chungh gets a suspension carried into 2023 but it's the kind of " intent " that deserves one. It was not a marginal or incidental hit.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Norm W

I don't see anything dirty about it, clean hit and Chungh is playing to the whistle on a critical last chance play. 

I think its been covered already, but perhaps the term "crack-back block" will ring a bell for Throw Long Bannatyne? A block that is not allowed, implemented years back as a player safety measure.
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

peg_city

The way Chungh walks away after the hit makes me think that he knew the play was probably dead and they'd lost. He wasn't trying to make a football play, he was trying to take out his frustration on a player.

I was at the game and a bunch of bombers players confronted him (Stanley Bryant among them) after the final whistle.

bwiser

The Good-the crowd was rocking the building
-Olivera was outstanding
-O line did a good job opening holes and protecting Colleros for the most part
-Rose had his best game this season
-defense was solid
The Bad-beer kiosk in the upper deck running out of beer before halftime
-long lineups to get in the building
-long concession lines due to under staffing
Ugly-cheap shot by Chungh
-Legghio's misses

Pigskin

Quote from: bwiser on November 14, 2022, 07:39:59 PM
The Good-the crowd was rocking the building
-Olivera was outstanding
-O line did a good job opening holes and protecting Colleros for the most part
-Rose had his best game this season
-defense was solid
The Bad-beer kiosk in the upper deck running out of beer before halftime
-long lineups to get in the building
-long concession lines due to under staffing
Ugly-cheap shot by Chungh
-Legghio's misses

We arrived at 2:30. Walked right in no problem. No line up at the concession.

bwiser

Quote from: Pigskin on November 14, 2022, 07:48:08 PM
We arrived at 2:30. Walked right in no problem. No line up at the concession.
The east side upper deck had really slow concessions probably because one kiosk ran out of beer before half time. The couple sitting beside me took 15 minutes to get through the gate and was late for kickoff.

peg_city

I had the same issues. Long lines everywhere. To get in, concessions, washroom.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: peg_city on November 14, 2022, 07:31:18 PM
The way Chungh walks away after the hit makes me think that he knew the play was probably dead and they'd lost. He wasn't trying to make a football play, he was trying to take out his frustration on a player.

Ya, this was totally a "we lost, I'm pissed off, gonna hit you" moment.  And a flagged penalty.  And likely a fine.  League needs to make it clear you can't do that or every classless loser will start doing that.

I would say there's no suspension unless Clements has a concussion.

CFL might also consider the optics of "punishing" a beaten team "while they're down".  BC fans wouldn't like it.

Quote from: theaardvark on November 14, 2022, 06:11:26 PM

Forget about if #0 gets money or a ring or not: he had his best game in forever and was looking all-star all game.  Our LBers were 10X better with 0-4-22 vs the 4-44-22 look we were doing.  Nothing against 44, it's just that for playoff ball we need our very best D.

If Clements has a concussion and can't play in GC, I'll be very, very, very upset.  And who knows, that may cost us the GC.  It's going to take our best run stop to take down AH and NAT-not-NAT Oullette.
Never go full Rider!