Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg November 13, 2022 Western Final

Started by ModAdmin, November 11, 2022, 09:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 16, 2022, 02:08:36 AM
Gotta be said Bailey had an amazing game blocking on the run plays. Dude is an outstanding physical player. Could be the best blocking WR in the league.

Aren't rewatches fun!  You notice all sorts of stuff.  Yes, Bailey was blocking like a man possessed.  Certainly the best of us in that one game.  Woli is also usually very good.

Bit disappointing Demski got dinged for a (semi-legit) holding.  Better to see if BO can fight through that guy than lose 10Y.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Could Houston be ready to play in the Grey Cup? He was full at practice last week and is more familiar with the rest of our defence etc. IMO he's an upgrade that might be a difference maker.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 16, 2022, 08:28:19 PM
Could Houston be ready to play in the Grey Cup? He was full at practice last week and is more familiar with the rest of our defence etc. IMO he's an upgrade that might be a difference maker.

I don't think so now, Lawrence has been playing the corner well.  According to DT, 5 knockdowns and and an interception in 2 games.

GOLDMEMBER

We might actually be better with Lawrence in there at this point than Houston.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 16, 2022, 08:56:11 PM
I don't think so now, Lawrence has been playing the corner well.  According to DT, 5 knockdowns and and an interception in 2 games.

Ford started at CB in game 18 and Lawrence returned for the WDF. So he's played most of 2 games and has played well.

I'm just thinking Houston is a better player and more familiar with communicating with his team mates.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

As I mentioned somewhere in the thread, Lawrence is the one I think blew coverage the TD and one of the deep pass gains.  Not positive, but if there's a weak link, it's him simply because of his newness to the team.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 16, 2022, 10:21:07 PM
As I mentioned somewhere in the thread, Lawrence is the one I think blew coverage the TD and one of the deep pass gains.  Not positive, but if there's a weak link, it's him simply because of his newness to the team.
He also made some plays.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 16, 2022, 09:34:20 PM
Ford started at CB in game 18 and Lawrence returned for the WDF. Sohe's played most of 2 games and has played well.

I'm just thinking Houston is a better player and more familiar with communicating with his team mates.

Wait and see I guess.  Great scenario to be in, plenty of options for next season and they won't have to pay above grade for DB's that might think they're worth more, and probably won't have to shop for any vet. DB's in F.A.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 16, 2022, 10:26:34 PM
He also made some plays.

Yes, that he did.  It's a very tough call.  If you have a 100% healthy Houston... who do you dress?  Won't dress them both.  Need more DL/LB vs TOR, not DB.

From a certain standpoint, doesn't Houston "deserve" the GC $$ and ring more than couple-of-games Lawrence?  Assuming both are healthy.  I suppose if Houston stays on the IR for the GC he'll get the ring, but not the bonus $$.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 16, 2022, 10:33:32 PM
Yes, that he did.  It's a very tough call.  If you have a 100% healthy Houston... who do you dress?  Won't dress them both.  Need more DL/LB vs TOR, not DB.

From a certain standpoint, doesn't Houston "deserve" the GC $$ and ring more than couple-of-games Lawrence?  Assuming both are healthy.  I suppose if Houston stays on the IR for the GC he'll get the ring, but not the bonus $$.

it is not about anyones bonus money. It is who is making the most plays. I agree Houston needs to be 100% to opt for.

dd

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 16, 2022, 02:08:36 AM
Gotta be said Bailey had an amazing game blocking on the run plays. Dude is an outstanding physical player. Could be the best blocking WR in the league.
Here, here!!! The dude is an animal out there blocking and goes mostly unnoticed and should be praised more. There was a comment made back in the season that he went a team player and doesn?t celebrate TD s with others etc, it?s probably because he?s out of breath from blocking!! We have outstanding receivers who can catch and block and most only pickup on the receptions part. He runs every play full out, whether the ball is coming to him, he?s running a decoy route or is blocking.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 16, 2022, 10:33:32 PM

Houston gets paid either way. He was becoming a very good shutdown CB. I'd prefer him if he's healthy but we'll see what the team does.

We don't have extra LB/DL available except Walker. Adams was " DNP " today so that might be a change necessary to make. It also beefs up the rotation at DT which may be an actual need stopping the Argos run game.

No mention of Clement not practising today. So he should be good to go.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 16, 2022, 10:42:27 PM
it is not about anyones bonus money. It is who is making the most plays. I agree Houston needs to be 100% to opt for.

Agree, if Houston is game ready. He is in the lineup. Probably start him as the extra DB and teams.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Pigskin

Does anyone know what happen to the kick to win guy on Sunday. He nailed the first two kicks and then the ref kicked them off the field. Did they end up finishing that? The guy kicking had a pretty good leg.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.