Kurtis Rourke - Not coming to the CFL ;)

Started by theaardvark, November 09, 2022, 12:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Watching the game tonight waiting for the Jets game, and that pass play, QB option then drop back and hit the post in full stride...

I don't think he's going to be coming north anytime soon...

Would be funny for one team to draft him and sign Nathan, have a tandem of brothers at QB...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Tiger

We will see?? there are lots of good QBs in the NCAA and given he plays for Ohio he is hard to gauge given the level of competition compared to some of the super conferences.  He had 14 of 30 for 119 yds and no TDs or Ints against Penn State.  He also did not do well against Iowa State. Now he is one player and therefore that may not be indicative.  Neither is beating up on little sisters of mercy football team.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Tiger on November 09, 2022, 12:26:39 AM
We will see?? there are lots of good QBs in the NCAA and given he plays for Ohio he is hard to gauge given the level of competition compared to some of the super conferences.  He had 14 of 30 for 119 yds and no TDs or Ints against Penn State.  He also did not do well against Iowa State. Now he is one player and therefore that may not be indicative.  Neither is beating up on little sisters of mercy football team.
Hmmm interesting could be tailor made for the CFL. At least to start with like big bro.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

DM83

Little bro Rourke is  awesome against tier two schools.  Not sure the CFL is tier two.  The CFL employs some pretty good DBs.  It's a showcase for the CFL DBs , in that if you an cover on the soccer field, the NFL would be so much smaller....so Guys show their coverage ability.

So, little brother I think is playing against , second tier DBs.  Does that define him?  No!, but we have seen dozens of Div 1  QBs come up here, and angles are different, width has to be a killer, etc.

Stretch

I believe he has at least one more year of eligibility after this season, so there's speculation that he could land at a Power 5 school via the transfer portal.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Tiger

Quote from: Stretch on November 10, 2022, 07:35:12 PM
I believe he has at least one more year of eligibility after this season, so there's speculation that he could land at a Power 5 school via the transfer portal.

Absolutely.  It is a new world.  The kid looks good but hard to say given his supporting cast and opposition.

Maybe he can move to SEC, Big 10 or Big 12 and we will see (PAC 10 and ACC are down right now).

It would be great if he got a NIL as well.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Throw Long Bannatyne

Doesn't really matter which level of NCAA he plays in, it comes down to his individual talent and his ability to adapt and progress. Many of the CFL's top QB's played in conferences of a lower tier, two that come immediately to mind are Collaros and BLM.  The CFL has a history of recruiting players from smaller schools on the fringes of the NFL spotlight.