2024 Grey Cup in Vancouiver

Started by ModAdmin, November 03, 2022, 05:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Lions set to host 2024 Grey Cup in Vancouver

Canadian Football League commissioner Randy Ambrosie announced Thursday that the BC Lions will host the 111th Grey Cup in 2024.

"It's absolutely massive," said Lions owner Amar Doman to TSN's Matthew Scianitti on the Grey Cup coming to Vancouver.

"First of all, I want to thank Randy and the CFL [and] the board of governors for the honour to host the Grey Cup in 2024. It's been 10 years since that last Grey Cup in Vancouver. We really believe that we can follow up Regina's act this year, followed by Hamilton, and of course Vancouver in '24...I can tell you that Vancouver will not let the CFL down. In fact, we want to take it to another level in 2024."

Doman, who grew up in Victoria, purchased the Lions in August of 2021. He has spoken at length about his goal to build a winning team on the field and to be a positive force for a better British Columbia off the field.

With the Grey Cup back in Vancouver for the first time since the 102nd Grey Cup in 2014 between the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Calgary Stampeders, Doman is excited about the impact the game and festivities will have on the grassroots movement.

"I really believe that being able to show a lot of youth and amateur football, just athletes in general to this city, the province. British Columbia is getting turned back on to football," he said. "This is just another part of our evolution as we rebuild the BC Lions and the brand out west."

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/lions-set-to-host-2024-grey-cup-vancouver-1.1872787
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Was not suppose to be our turn? I guess 2025? Likely not as it will be ack east again. Poopoo
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

the.inkster

Looks to me like the CFL's hoping Rourke will guide the Lions to a home Grey Cup game in a couple years...

BLUEBOMBER

I would rather we get a Grey Cup chanpionship rather than host one..

Tee42

That will be one expensive weekend!!

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 03, 2022, 06:01:27 PM
Was not suppose to be our turn? I guess 2025? Likely not as it will be ack east again. Poopoo

Naw. BC in 24, us in 25, Montreal in 26.
My wife is amazing!

Ridermania

Quote from: Jesse on November 03, 2022, 06:38:24 PM

I agree, BC  2024, Winnipeg 2025 and Montreal or Ottawa in 2026.

Jesse

Quote from: Tee42 on November 03, 2022, 06:13:47 PM
That will be one expensive weekend!!

I can't wait for the ability to just book a hotel room at a time that is convenient for me.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on November 03, 2022, 06:38:24 PM
I would be ok with that. I do not mind the BC all in all. One of my best friend, former long time BB ST holder, lives in Langley so I?d have a free place to stay! Sweet!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sec227

2025 is actually the best. That NON stop construction around the stadium, university crescent "should" be done by then. I take bus and go the other way during game days. But, even dropping my daughter off at track practice on Non game days. Wow, what a side show. I couldn't imagine going that way after a game. HAS to be an hour just to make it pembina.

theaardvark

2025, or better 2026, by then they may have crept the date back into October... or global warming might make Nov warmer...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.