Strategies for the Semi-Finals

Started by TecnoGenius, November 03, 2022, 04:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on November 06, 2022, 12:35:44 PM
Teams may practice certain plays as a curve ball, or even a scripted first drive, but they're not going to deviate from what they do best. That doesn't make much sense.

That said, in a Calgary win, Maier has to play a strong game.

Oops, someone should have told that to Dickenson The Greater.  He sure deviated.  And in the end, it didn't make much sense.  And Maier didn't have a strong game.  So they lost.

That's the first (and probably only) time in my life I was rooting for BLM!  Super stoked when he came in the game and he and Henry lit it up.  Should have gone for that BLM TD instead of the FG.  Corner fade to Begel or Henry, not very hard guys!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 06, 2022, 03:54:00 PM
I'm really surprised the Stamps are not dressing Logan for at least punt and kickoff returns, I was expecting a 3-headed monster, maybe he's injured.  They don't even list who will perform those duties on their depth chart, which IMO is calculated deception.

Maybe they figured they needed the DI on D.  Didn't help them at all.

They had Begelton and Philpot back there returning kicks.  Not sure how it's even legit not to declare a returner on the depth chart.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Super happy with the outcome of the games today but also totally shocked!

Montreal really has some mojo going on and it's always so great when Simoni is crushed after yet another heartbreaking loss.

Very happy for BC who refused to let Calgary end their season but Dickie, what were you thinking? LOL! Just awesome that it's going to be BC and Winnipeg deciding who wins the West. That is as it should be. They were the two best teams in the West/league and it should be a great game at IGF. I expect it to be LOUD at IGF on Sunday. Can't wait.
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on November 07, 2022, 01:45:57 AM
Super happy with the outcome of the games today but also totally shocked!

Montreal really has some mojo going on and it's always so great when Simoni is crushed after yet another heartbreaking loss.

Very happy for BC who refused to let Calgary end their season but Dickie, what were you thinking? LOL! Just awesome that it's going to be BC and Winnipeg deciding who wins the West. That is as it should be. They were the two best teams in the West/league and it should be a great game at IGF. I expect it to be LOUD at IGF on Sunday. Can't wait.
touche
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Has there ever been another year where a healthy starting QB was pulled in both semi-final games?
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 07, 2022, 03:05:56 AM
Has there ever been another year where a healthy starting QB was pulled in both semi-final games?

In the CFL Highly likely

Sec227

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 07, 2022, 03:35:55 AM
In the CFL Highly likely

Ti cats have to seriously look at the QB position this off season. Evans himself lost the team games, and maybe the home play off date. He look so below average all year. Their back up looked good when he came in. Is Mitchell maybe the answer at QB? Cant see Evans doing any better in Rider Green. But maybe Shiltz should get a shot?

3rdand1.5

Quote from: Sec227 on November 07, 2022, 04:06:26 PM
Ti cats have to seriously look at the QB position this off season. Evans himself lost the team games, and maybe the home play off date. He look so below average all year. Their back up looked good when he came in. Is Mitchell maybe the answer at QB? Cant see Evans doing any better in Rider Green. But maybe Shiltz should get a shot?

I think Hammy is still a good team, and I do think Orlando is a good coach. IMO Simoni is no longer worth the money, they could/should go cheaper at his position dump him and use it towards a new QB, if they can keep the core of receivers and O-line, BLM could do pretty good in Hammy, IMO.

Dane can look lights out, like he did against us in what was it week 15 but he is far too up and down, he was good in a two QB system but I don't believe he can be "the guy" without a great safety net behind him. I think even Fajardo in Ham, would have had them in a much better position

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on November 07, 2022, 04:27:11 PM
I think Hammy is still a good team, and I do think Orlando is a good coach. IMO Simoni is no longer worth the money, they could/should go cheaper at his position dump him and use it towards a new QB, if they can keep the core of receivers and O-line, BLM could do pretty good in Hammy, IMO.

Dane can look lights out, like he did against us in what was it week 15 but he is far too up and down, he was good in a two QB system but I don't believe he can be "the guy" without a great safety net behind him. I think even Fajardo in Ham, would have had them in a much better position

I'm with you on this one, Evans is prone to meltdowns and can't be relied on to perform consistently, maybe in 2-3 years he overcomes his flaws but the Ti-Cats can't stand pat and wait for that to happen.  Shiltz is more balanced but lacks great abilities, which makes him a good, but perennial #2.  BLM might be a great fit in Hamilton with Shiltz, they have good personnel but a few of their key players are getting long in the tooth.

TBURGESS

I could see BLM in Hamilton next year.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 07, 2022, 12:53:10 AM
Oops, someone should have told that to Dickenson The Greater.  He sure deviated.  And in the end, it didn't make much sense.  And Maier didn't have a strong game.  So they lost.

That's the first (and probably only) time in my life I was rooting for BLM!  Super stoked when he came in the game and he and Henry lit it up.  Should have gone for that BLM TD instead of the FG.  Corner fade to Begel or Henry, not very hard guys!

Yup. Failed miserably.

But they didn't have a shot with Maier playing so bad anyway.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 07, 2022, 04:46:19 PM
Shiltz is more balanced but lacks great abilities, which makes him a good, but perennial #2.  BLM might be a great fit in Hamilton with Shiltz, they have good personnel but a few of their key players are getting long in the tooth.

Schiltz has no arm!  Did you see those 2 last hail mary's?  He barely chucked it 40 yards and he was giving it all he had!

In retrospect, HAM should have brought Evans back in for the hail mary's as he has a cannon and could reach the EZ easily.  I'm not sure HAM coaching staff had any desire to win that game.  Even normally-crying Orlando was stoic at the end.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 07, 2022, 07:32:38 PM
Schiltz has no arm!  Did you see those 2 last hail mary's?  He barely chucked it 40 yards and he was giving it all he had!

In retrospect, HAM should have brought Evans back in for the hail mary's as he has a cannon and could reach the EZ easily.  I'm not sure HAM coaching staff had any desire to win that game.  Even normally-crying Orlando was stoic at the end.

Agreed I got not believe when he was putting everything he had in it and how short the ball fell. lol, I thought it was kinda funny actually.  whaw whaw  :D