2022 Average Attendance Home Games

Started by ModAdmin, October 31, 2022, 01:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blueandgoldguy on October 31, 2022, 09:55:21 PM
Bombers lead the league in attendance for the first time ever!
Really, is  this true? This never happened before? I guess when you think about it, it is not that surprising for many reasons. Good to do it this most recent regular season.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Stats Junkie

Winnipeg did lead the WIFU in attendance in 1953, the first year for Winnipeg Stadium.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

TecnoGenius

I'd be interested in seeing the week-by-week progression of attendance in SSK.  Since they just missed the GC last year, and they were favorites to be top-2 in the West, and they were winning in the early weeks, you'd think they'd have huge attendance early on then start petering out as they started losing non-stop and looking pathetic.

Of course I want WPG to go to and win the GC, but I wonder if one team having a "dynasty" hurts the CFL overall.  I know that I was always bummed out it was always CGY in the GC for so many years.  I wonder if WPG being on top puts a big damper on SSK attendance in general.  If the "wealth" (wins) is spread around a bit I think it lifts everyone.  Don't want to sound like a "participation trophies for everyone" guy, but I think it's simple psychology.  Winning gets butts in seats (except in TOR).

Like I said before, I would root for BC if we can't be in the cup, because it's always better with new teams and new faces.  I don't want to see CGY there.  Boooring.  If it can't be WPG, a BC/MTL game would be fun.
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 01, 2022, 02:56:11 AM
I'd be interested in seeing the week-by-week progression of attendance in SSK.  Since they just missed the GC last year, and they were favorites to be top-2 in the West, and they were winning in the early weeks, you'd think they'd have huge attendance early on then start petering out as they started losing non-stop and looking pathetic.

Of course I want WPG to go to and win the GC, but I wonder if one team having a "dynasty" hurts the CFL overall.  I know that I was always bummed out it was always CGY in the GC for so many years.  I wonder if WPG being on top puts a big damper on SSK attendance in general.  If the "wealth" (wins) is spread around a bit I think it lifts everyone.  Don't want to sound like a "participation trophies for everyone" guy, but I think it's simple psychology.  Winning gets butts in seats (except in TOR).

Like I said before, I would root for BC if we can't be in the cup, because it's always better with new teams and new faces.  I don't want to see CGY there.  Boooring.  If it can't be WPG, a BC/MTL game would be fun.

The Grey Cup wins have been spread around lately however. Every team except for the TiCats have won the Cup since 2010.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 01, 2022, 02:56:11 AM

28,216 vs HAM 6/13/22
27,717 vs MTL 7/2/22
26,685 vs OTT 7/8/22
27,134 vs TOR 7/24/22
27,283 vs BC 7/29/22
28,442 vs BC 8/19/22
33,350 vs WPG 9/4/22
26,974 vs EDM 9/16/22
27,192 vs CAL 10/22/22

Surprisingly it's very consistent.
They really hit the jackpot with their schedule too. 4 games in July, only 2 games after the LDC?
Imagine what the numbers would look like if they had 4 home games in October?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on November 01, 2022, 01:34:17 PM

Thanks for the info!!

Ya, that's quite a shocker, actually.  Guess it's mostly STH sales that don't change week to week.  Interesting though, they only had 1 big 30k+ game (LDC, no suprise) whereas WPG had a few "outlier" big attendance games (no?).
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on November 01, 2022, 01:34:17 PM
28,216 vs HAM 6/13/22
27,717 vs MTL 7/2/22
26,685 vs OTT 7/8/22
27,134 vs TOR 7/24/22
27,283 vs BC 7/29/22
28,442 vs BC 8/19/22
33,350 vs WPG 9/4/22
26,974 vs EDM 9/16/22
27,192 vs CAL 10/22/22

They really hit the jackpot with their schedule too. 4 games in July, only 2 games after the LDC?
Imagine what the numbers would look like if they had 4 home games in October?

I believe the Riders received the schedule they requested, it was no accident they had weaker Eastern teams visiting them at home during the warm summer months to prop up their record and attendance, but not enough to overcome playing the better teams on the road in the fall.  Last 2 games against Calgary they probably predicted the Stamps would play their backups and they could grab another win or two off them.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 02, 2022, 12:47:39 AM
I believe the Riders received the schedule they requested, it was no accident they had weaker Eastern teams visiting them at home during the warm summer months to prop up their record and attendance, but not enough to overcome playing the better teams on the road in the fall.  Last 2 games against Calgary they probably predicted the Stamps would play their backups and they could grab another win or two off them.
Wow, you just might have a valid point there. But no the Cryders fell flat on there face. lol
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Pretty solid attendance numbers... it helps having a great stadium, and a great team, both at the same time...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 02, 2022, 12:47:39 AM

I think you can request your schedule in terms of timing of home games (in much the same way the Bombers request summer Thursday home games to appease the cottagers) but not select your opponents, etc.
#Ride?

bomb squad

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 02, 2022, 06:16:57 PM
I think you can request your schedule in terms of timing of home games (in much the same way the Bombers request summer Thursday home games to appease the cottagers) but not select your opponents, etc.

I guess one could say technically that the Labor Day games and the Banjo Bowl are granted "requests" for opponent and week. Other than that, no way.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 02, 2022, 06:16:57 PM

Right - The Eastern teams came early because they try to make late weeks relevant by making them divisional opponents.
My wife is amazing!