The Good, Bad and Ugly

Started by ModAdmin, October 29, 2022, 04:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

The Good

Zach and company of starters looked solid and productive.
Dalton Shoen leading in the receiver category and continues to prove he is ROY.
Tyrell Ford looked very good in his debut.
No apparent injuries other than Kramdi.
Buck Pierce's innovative calls.

The Bad

Lions D, especially the DBs.  Unable to effectively stop the run as well.
Cottoy and Whitehead injuries.
Don't like the Lions chances against Calgary unless Rourke has a career game.

The Ugly

No uglies from me.  Unbelievable Winnipeg weather on October 28th.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 29, 2022, 04:49:17 AM
The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

I am a big Buck fan, but 24 behind center once okay, but 3 times??

NH23: Injured again, didn't look good. He has had a tough year.

Cole 41: Had a nice game on teams, and played well on D.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

barbk

The Ugly:

Nathan Rourke talk on TSN before, during and after. 

the paw

The Good

1.  Zach appears to be razor sharp.

2.  I REALLY like how Parker and Ford looked in the secondary today.  Darby was no slouch either.

3.  Oliveira was in fine form.

The Bad

4. Would like to have seen Ellingson get more work today.

5.  Dru Brown did not look as good as last game.

6.  That was a wasted challenge, never listen to the receiver.

The Ugly

7.  I think they are rushing Rourke back.  I get that he's great for box office, but its not normal to have your QB sitting with his foot elevated after every series.  I don't think he is going to be able to play a full game next week.

grab grass 'n growl

ModAdmin

Quote from: barbk on October 29, 2022, 05:37:13 AM
The Ugly:

I agree but Rourke has been the poster guy for the CFL this year.  He had several good games, got injured and now miraculously has recovered.  It makes for a story line that attracts fans to the Lion games and the CFL in general.  It's not wrong but to other CFL teams' fans it is overkill.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 29, 2022, 04:49:17 AM
The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

Yup nailed it
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Good:

Run D was amazing: precisely what was needed going into the run-heavy WDF

Letting Miller get a TD

Solid Leggs

Almost no injuries: my prayers were answered

Brady first 1000 yard season

Putting Willie J as WR, hehehehehe

Ugly:

Kramdi injured, maybe long-term(?), puts us super weak on depth at SAM again: get Rutledge on the phone

Procedure on the 2nd Miller sneak: we did a similar Wildcat under Lapo with AH and it almost always resulted in IP also: so difficult with a non-QB cadence and extra TEs; forget this play for the post-season
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Lotsa good. 

Dru brown didn't look comfortable and he a prukop underthrew a bunch of passes. 

Hard to gauge a game like that - essentially preseason type for both teams. 

Now we wait...cal or bc

I think I would prefer BC to Calgary.  I think Calgary is the better team. 

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 29, 2022, 07:06:42 AM
Good:

Run D was amazing: precisely what was needed going into the run-heavy WDF

Letting Miller get a TD

Solid Leggs

Almost no injuries: my prayers were answered

Brady first 1000 yard season

Putting Willie J as WR, hehehehehe

Ugly:

Kramdi injured, maybe long-term(?), puts us super weak on depth at SAM again: get Rutledge on the phone

Procedure on the 2nd Miller sneak: we did a similar Wildcat under Lapo with AH and it almost always resulted in IP also: so difficult with a non-QB cadence and extra TEs; forget this play for the post-season

Rutledge is on our PR so they don't need to get him on the phone. Hopefully Kramdi will be fine in 2 weeks. He did limp off the field so that's a TBD.

Someone mentioned Noah Hallett was injured last night? I didn't see that on TV. If so he's really had a tough time surviving even one game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pigskin on October 29, 2022, 05:19:50 AM
I am a big Buck fan, but 24 behind center once okay, but 3 times??

NH23: Injured again, didn't look good. He has had a tough year.

Cole 41: Had a nice game on teams, and played well on D.

Good game to try it

Anyone need Kramdi back in after we was nicked?

The Zipp

Mid way though the third I think both teams just wanted the game to be over. 

Pigskin

Quote from: pjrocksmb on October 29, 2022, 02:25:16 PM
Good game to try it

Anyone need Kramdi back in after we was nicked?

Are you asking if anyone saw Kramdi come back into the game after he was injured??? That would be a no.

GOLDMEMBER

Good

Zach as sharp as you can hoped for. Perfect playoff tune up!
Schoen beastly again!
Really strong running game OL hitting on all cylinders
No beer lines
MOS in shorts lol sweet!
Buck playing chess while DC playing checkers
Prukop showed well

Bad

Kramdi
No fire pits at the tailgate area! WTH Wade
Failed challenge attempt
Nauseating Rourke talk on TSN

Ugly

The singer at the Toad post game  :D

dd

The Ugly:

I don?t get the hate for Rourke. The guy is a rookie Canadian, who was having an MOP season, but got injured. He came back miraculously early from this injury, so people are both amazed and excited he?s playing . This is good for the league.

What we should be taking about is the classless move by jake Thomas to wave off helping Rourke up after he was knocked down. A totally classless display of disrespect. A Canadian on a Canadian no less.  I m Embarrassed he?s on our team and have lost all respect for him

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on October 29, 2022, 04:37:57 PM
I don?t get the hate for Rourke. The guy is a rookie Canadian, who was having an MOP season, but got injured. He came back miraculously early from this injury, so people are both amazed and excited he?s playing . This is good for the league.

What we should be taking about is the classless move by jake Thomas to wave off helping Rourke up after he was knocked down. A totally classless display of disrespect. A Canadian on a Canadian no less.  I m Embarrassed he?s on our team and have lost all respect for him

LOL this is football! Not tag at recess. This is a tune up game with a team we could see in a single knock out game in the playoffs. No bloody way he helps him back up. I applaud Thomas.

Go watch Tennis you might like the classy displays there better. .

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 29, 2022, 04:44:51 PM
LOL this is football! Not tag at recess. This is a tune up game with a team we could see in a single knock out game in the playoffs. No bloody way he helps him back up. I applaud Thomas.

Go watch Tennis you might like the classy displays there better. You should be embarrassed for such a silly post.

Even the Lions fans didn't think anything about that.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

J5V

Laying on your back looking for a helping hand from the opposition after being knocked down was a bad look for Rourke and I'm sure his teammates thought so too. Best thing he could have done was to jump up on his own to show he was fine and ready for the next play. Jake exposed him for the prima donna he thinks he is in front of his whole team. I was embarrassed for Rourke and proud of Jake.
Go Bombers!

BBRT

Go watch Tennis you might like the classy displays there better. You should be embarrassed for such a silly post.

Amen Brother! 100% agree with your comments. Jake Thomas just moved up to my all time favorites list! Could not have said it better myself!

bomb squad

The Rourke Helping Hand Rejection has become quite the polarizing issue. It's amazing how diverse the opinions are on it. I lean toward awkward and embarrassing moment for Nathan.

Pigskin

Agree, JT95 had his playoff face on last night. All business. Two more wins for another GC.

dd

You can live in your own dream world if you want. It was classless and disrespectful,  but what do you expect from a marginal player. Your comments are also disrespectful but heck no surprise there at all either. You can disagree all you want but you don?t have to disrespect. I understand why you support others disrespectful actions. You ve obviously never played contact sports as those who have, respect their opponent, those ho haven?t live in their own little dream world say8ng how they woulda done this or that. Absolutely laughable.

dd

Quote from: bomb squad on October 29, 2022, 05:43:16 PM
The Rourke Helping Hand Rejection has become quite the polarizing issue. It's amazing how diverse the opinions are on it. I lean toward awkward and embarrassing moment for Nathan.
If you notice, every time Rourke took a lick, he patted the defender on the back afterwards?the Clements hit for example. I think what Rourke was doing was extending to his hand to Thomas to say nice hit on planting me 8n the ground. Thomas turning away/brushing his hand extended away was bush league , total bush league

Ducky

I thought that was funny as heck, especially the waving him off.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on October 29, 2022, 06:12:50 PM
You can live in your own dream world if you want. It was classless and disrespectful,  but what do you expect from a marginal player. Your comments are also disrespectful but heck no surprise there at all either. You can disagree all you want but you don?t have to disrespect. I understand why you support others disrespectful actions. You ve obviously never played contact sports as those who have, respect their opponent, those ho haven?t live in their own little dream world say8ng how they woulda done this or that. Absolutely laughable.

You can live in your very own popsicle rainbow land. Enjoy the ballet.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on October 29, 2022, 06:16:19 PM
If you notice, every time Rourke took a lick, he patted the defender on the back afterwards?the Clements hit for example. I think what Rourke was doing was extending to his hand to Thomas to say nice hit on planting me 8n the ground. Thomas turning away/brushing his hand extended away was bush league , total bush league
;D

Jesse

Quote from: dd on October 29, 2022, 06:16:19 PM

Nah. Jake is awesome.

Just sending a little message in anticipation of play-offs starting.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on October 29, 2022, 07:24:38 PM
Nah. Jake is awesome.

Just sending a little message in anticipation of play-offs starting.
This all the way^

Horseman

Go watch Tennis you might like the classy displays there better. .

I agree with you, as a former player, you don't spend 100% of your energy & sweat trying to knock the opponent down and then help them up. Make them use their own energy to get up off the ground as it wears a player down over the course of a game, or his teammate could help him up, but not the opposition.

barbk

I did not say I hate Rourke..... I said the talk by TSN....  and by the way, he is not a rookie... played backup to Mike Reilly in 2021.  And I know he came back early from his injury and I agree he is good for the CFL.  Good PR for the BC Lions to get fans back at their stadium.

Waffler

We don't know what was said, if anything. Surely no lasting hard feelings are coming from that. It used to be a defender would help a guy up but he would be the one offering. A long time since I have seen it on any kind of regular basis.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

J5V

I haven't heard anyone say they hate Rourke. He seems like a likeable young man who obviously has some talent. In some ways he reminds me of Lulay. The thing with Lulay is that once he got hurt he was never the same. It could be the same for Rourke. If he struggles with that foot it's going to affect everything he tries to do. We may have already seen the best we're going to see from Rourke.

If BC goes with Rourke in the WSF I think the stumps will do everything they can to pressure the kid and make him move on that foot. If this game with the Bombers showed anything it's that Rourke wasn't ready to go against an aggressive D that gets after the QB like we do and like Calgary does. BC will be much better served playing a mobile QB like Adams in the WSF.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Nathan Rourke talk on TSN before, during and after

I didn't like Rourke's comment to Farhan at halftime:
Farhan: How do you think you did?
Rourke: How do you think I did?
< awkward silence >

What on earth was that??  Rourke has, so far, been really good in front of the cameras, avoiding Cody Foot-in-Mouth Disease.  But that one was cringe.  What is Farhan supposed to say?  Why is Rourke fishing for compliments?  Is he the girlfriend I had when I was 16?

At that point Rourke looked like hot garbage throwing noodle-arm like Brohm.  Farhan should have said "crap".  :o ;D ;D

Rourke might be trying too hard here.  I hope he doesn't harm his career (in many ways!) by rushing back so soon.  He's been stellar up to before Friday.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 29, 2022, 01:40:04 PM
Rutledge is on our PR so they don't need to get him on the phone. Hopefully Kramdi will be fine in 2 weeks. He did limp off the field so that's a TBD.

Is he?  Last post on Roster thread:

2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Delete From Active   Free Agent

Exactly the same verbiage as Hassell, Karamoko and Harrison.  Pretty sure all those dudes are gone.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

That was my "Play of the Game" nominee...

Its not classless to actually purposely dis an opponent you just crushed.  "Welcome back, rook, get your own butt up".  It wasn't like he left him hangin'.. he denied him.  Classic vet move.  And its up to the Oline to pick up their QB after they let him get put on the ground...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 30, 2022, 12:23:14 AM
Is he?  Last post on Roster thread:

2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Delete From Active   Free Agent

Exactly the same verbiage as Hassell, Karamoko and Harrison.  Pretty sure all those dudes are gone.

https://www.bluebombers.com/roster/

PRACTICE SQUAD
NO      NAME   POS   A/N/G   HT   WT   AGE   COLLEGE
32      Burtenshaw, Konner   FB   N   5'10   223   26   Queens
15      Cooper, DeJaun   LB   A   6'3   224   23   South Dakota
14      Heiligh, Jaivon   WR   A   6'1   198   23   Coastal Carolina
42      Karamoko, Souleymane   DB   G   6'2   210   0   Laval
89      Knuettel, Timothy   WR   G   6'2   200   30   Seton Hill
26      Lavigne, Cedrick   DB   N   6'1   209   24   Carleton University
55      Lofton, Eric   OL   A   6'4   293   29   Temple
87      McMillan, Luke   WR   N   6'0   175   22   Winnipeg Rifles
18      Mourtada, Ali   K   A   5'7   172   32   Pace
38      Rutledge, Jr., Donald   DB   A   6'1   215   25   Georgia Southern University
50      Witt, Tyler   OL   A   6'2   305   24   Purdue
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on October 30, 2022, 12:44:32 AM

PRACTICE SQUAD
NO      NAME   POS   A/N/G   HT   WT   AGE   COLLEGE
38      Rutledge, Jr., Donald   DB   A   6'1   215   25   Georgia Southern University

2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Add To   Free Agent

Ugh, I truly hate the "roster transaction" format the league uses.  Where "add to free agent" really means "moved to PR".  So what verbiage do they use when a dude really is sent packing?

How about:
2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Given   Apple&Map
Never go full Rider!

CrazyCanuck89

He's not a rookie.  Second year players aren't rookies in football.  This isn't hockey..  You're right, he was having an MOP season, in his second season.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on October 30, 2022, 12:51:43 AM
He's not a rookie.  Second year players aren't rookies in football.  This isn't hockey..  You're right, he was having an MOP season, in his second season.
yah well there is a lot of incorrect mentionable times in the dd post.

bludan

This is a lot of speculation to be putting into one in-game action.  Thomas has never been ruled a dirty or disrespectful player in his career.  You can appreciate or not appreciate the moment, but to label a seasoned veteran player over one gesture that had no intent to injure or be aggressively malicious seems a bit out of bounds on its own.

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 30, 2022, 12:20:10 AM
yah well there is a lot of incorrect mentionable times in that post.

In my post?  If Rourke had played the whole season, he would've been the MOP.  Or is it the fact, he'd in his second season and not a rookie?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on October 30, 2022, 01:33:44 AM
In my post?  If Rourke had played the whole season, he would've been the MOP.  Or is it the fact, he'd in his second season and not a rookie?
sorry no, fixed I meant the dd post.

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 30, 2022, 12:12:02 AM
< awkward silence >

What on earth was that??  Rourke has, so far, been really good in front of the cameras, avoiding Cody Foot-in-Mouth Disease.  But that one was cringe.  What is Farhan supposed to say?  Why is Rourke fishing for compliments?  Is he the girlfriend I had when I was 16?

At that point Rourke looked like hot garbage throwing noodle-arm like Brohm.  Farhan should have said "crap".  :o ;D ;D

Rourke might be trying too hard here.  I hope he doesn't harm his career (in many ways!) by rushing back so soon.  He's been stellar up to before Friday.

Ya, that was a very immature move on his part. He's just a kid that's been thrown into the spotlight, but he needs to show more composure than that and needs to grow up some and act like a pro.

M.O.A.B.

It happens all the time in football. And doesn't mean Thomas is like that outside of football. If anything, you're the one being respectful to the longest tenured active Bomber.
Just go and root for Rouke and his Lions.  ;D

Blue In BC

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on October 30, 2022, 12:51:43 AM

Rourke was having an astounding season before his injury. If he continued playing like that he might well have been the MOP. However awards are not made on IF. They are made on the results and that means being able to play the bulk of the season with high level of achievement.

Collaros has done that since joining the team in 2019. It's also a team game: Rourke and Collaros depend on the play of their OL, receivers and RB's. If either had played for Ottawa this season, neither would be in this consideration because they wouldn't have been surrounded by the supporting cast.

Rourke probably lost his 2023 NFL opportunity due to his injury ( but he still might get a look ). If he ends up in the CFL next season he could be a top contender or he may not have the same surrounding cast. The same goes for Collaros. Changes in free agency, injuries are all part of the equation.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

< awkward silence >

Just rewatched that. He snaps at Farnham a bit. Really dooshy look on Rourke.

Sergio105

Quote from: J5V on October 29, 2022, 05:26:20 PM
Laying on your back looking for a helping hand from the opposition after being knocked down was a bad look for Rourke and I'm sure his teammates thought so too. Best thing he could have done was to jump up on his own to show he was fine and ready for the next play. Jake exposed him for the prima donna he thinks he is in front of his whole team. I was embarrassed for Rourke and proud of Jake.

AMEN
Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

GOLDMEMBER

TBURGESS

< awkward silence >

I thought it was funny.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

J5V

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 31, 2022, 01:29:57 PM
I thought it was funny.

Yup. Rourke the comic. Whatever keeps you loose, I guess.
Go Bombers!