Grey Cup Halftime Act

Started by theaardvark, October 28, 2022, 03:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

You can't please all the people all the time. This is proof of that.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

theaardvark

Regardless which genre of music chosen, there will be nay-sayers.

The fact they have maintained NT starters ratio for the act is pure CFL.

Nicest thing about this decision, these gentlemen won't have any starstruck fanboys in the booth that will interview them for most of the third quarter, talking over the action...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on November 05, 2022, 01:43:59 PM
Regardless which genre of music chosen, there will be nay-sayers.

The fact they have maintained NT starters ratio for the act is pure CFL.

Nicest thing about this decision, these gentlemen won't have any starstruck fanboys in the booth that will interview them for most of the third quarter, talking over the action...

I think you're in for a surprise if you're not expecting the third quarter interview.
My wife is amazing!

ModAdmin

COUNTRY ALL-STARS UNITE FOR THE TWISTED TEA GREY CUP HALFTIME SHOW

A trio of country music's shining stars will unite for a one-time-only collaboration for this year's Twisted Tea Grey Cup Halftime Show. The Canadian Football League (CFL) will welcome Jordan Davis, Tyler Hubbard of Florida Georgia Line, and Canada's own Josh Ross to the stage at the 109th Grey Cup from Saskatchewan?s Mosaic Stadium on Sunday, November 20.

The headliners were unveiled last night on CTV's etalk, and here's what the three artists think of headlining the country's largest single-day sporting event - the Grey Cup.

Jordan Davis - "It's always great to play in Canada, and I can't wait to soak in the energy and vibe of Grey Cup," said Davis. "Canadian music fans are some of the best in the world. Playing for them, especially with Tyler and Josh, will make for an incredibly special night that I'll never forget."

Tyler Hubbard - "It's an exciting opportunity to be asked to play the halftime show for such a huge event like the Grey Cup. I love playing in Canada because the fans always bring a great energy to the shows, so performing my music for the country music fans and for the passionate football fans is going to be quite an experience! I'm really looking forward to being a part of this iconic event."

Josh Ross - "Growing up, football was everything, and like so many young Canadians, the Grey Cup was the goal. Injuries led me on a different path, and now, music is my greatest passion and the stage is where I'm living my dreams. So to see these two paths come together, and lead to Saskatchewan - life is funny sometimes, but it's also perfect."

The 109th Grey Cup will be played in Regina at Mosaic Stadium on Sunday, November 20 with kickoff slated for 5 p.m. local/6 p.m. ET. The sold-out contest and the Twisted Tea Grey Cup Halftime Show will be broadcast live across the nation on TSN and RDS - Canada?s home of the CFL.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on November 05, 2022, 02:28:09 PM
I think you're in for a surprise if you're not expecting the third quarter interview.

I know there will be, hopefully there won't be a 20 minute one with this group...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on November 05, 2022, 03:18:06 PM
I know there will be, hopefully there won't be a 20 minute one with this group...

We can dream.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Excellent choice,
Pay them with. A case of that crap Regina Pilsner
A half hour break for washroom , refill and socializing

Quick ?.name. A song these guys have  as a ?hit?

That?s embarrassing!  Bring those race around the cones. Dogs.

I am so embarrassed to learn Of this letdown.

squonk

GOLDMEMBER

Didn?t these guys play the Palmino last week? ::)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

I m getting old?.i ve never heard of any of these guys!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on November 07, 2022, 01:56:41 AM
I m getting old?.i ve never heard of any of these guys!!!
Nah it is not just you I think these guys are nobodies.   I don?t much much about recent country celebrity. I guess it is good they got someone, anyone. lol
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Waffler

The guy from Barenaked Ladies that BC had at half time would have been better. In fact, they could have thrown a few bucks at them for a one time reunion even.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Sec227

Quote from: Waffler on November 07, 2022, 02:25:16 PM
The guy from Barenaked Ladies that BC had at half time would have been better. In fact, they could have thrown a few bucks at them for a one time reunion even.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

theaardvark

Double bill with the Crash Test Dummies... 

TecnoGenius

They hate each other.  Not gonna happen.  But, yes, would have been nice.

Did BNL ever do GC HT?  Kind of odd if they didn't.
Never go full Rider!