Grey Cup Halftime Act

Started by theaardvark, October 28, 2022, 03:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

How is this not set/announced yet?

Were the Riders thinking that if they got in, they'd hire a big ticket act, but if not, just wing it?

Did someone cancel last minute?

Funniest tweet about it:

Peter Young@pythesportsguy

CTV Winnipeg announces Anne Murray will be the halftime show for the Grey Cup in Regina.

First the mayoral election... then this ;)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pjrocksmb

How about Neil Young with PJ as backing band!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

I heard Sean mendes cancelled but that was just a rumour last week. 

Pigskin

Quote from: The Zipp on October 28, 2022, 07:50:01 PM
I heard Sean mendes cancelled but that was just a rumour last week. 

I heard Langenburg Sask. own Jess Moskaluke. But again, just a rumor from my cousin that lives in Langenburg.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Sec223

The wiggles were announced last week

Stats Junkie

I may be in the minority here but I would prefer that the CFL just scrap the halftime acts and charge 50% less for Grey Cup tickets. I prefer to keep my sporting events & concerts separate.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

Jesse

Quote from: Stats Junkie on October 28, 2022, 08:27:38 PM
I may be in the minority here but I would prefer that the CFL just scrap the halftime acts and charge 50% less for Grey Cup tickets. I prefer to keep my sporting events & concerts separate.

I doubt the tickets would reduce at all.
My wife is amazing!

blueandgoldguy

I came across something on twitter that claimed Anne Murray would be announced as the halftime show.  Could be made up though for all I know. 

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sec223 on October 28, 2022, 08:23:56 PM
The wiggles were announced last week

Haha, as someone with young kids, I feel ya.

Quote from: Stats Junkie on October 28, 2022, 08:27:38 PM

Hmm, we could do the math to see how much it's adding to each ticket.  It's probably not as much as you'd think.  When the acts are "youth oriented" (i.e. Bieber and that teeny bopper girl a couple years back), I fully agree.  But I did really enjoy the Urban halftime show in person, and I had never heard of the guy.

Quote from: Pigskin on October 28, 2022, 08:11:36 PM
I heard Langenburg Sask. own Jess Moskaluke. But again, just a rumor from my cousin that lives in Langenburg.

No idea who that is, but I'm always in favor of putting a local product up there.  Go for it!  SSK football club should do something to make the fans happy this year.
Never go full Rider!

bluebeard

I could be very wrong but I believe that the CFL is responsible for booking the half time acts now. ???

ichabod_crane

Neil young?forget it. Saw him ten years ago on free tickets and worst concert of my life. He?s half in the grave on stage. Like a lot of his classic tunes, but as a live act now he is done.

Weird Al would be good for some laughs!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 29, 2022, 01:46:11 AM

I'd be all over Weird Al.  One of the few who crosses the generations.  My kids love 'em and I like him too.  Not Canadian Content though, but since when has that stopped them...
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 29, 2022, 01:46:11 AM
Neil young?forget it. Saw him ten years ago on free tickets and worst concert of my life. He?s half in the grave on stage. Like a lot of his classic tunes, but as a live act now he is done.

Wow now you hit a nerve lol

If people trash the Blue I'll get fired up but you are trashing the God father of grunge who has shown he can still rock out pretty hard even today....maybe you seen a bad show but I have never been disappointed.  Uncle Neil still has it.  All good maybe not your bag.

He is the best with Crazy Horse imo buy I like it all.  That said I'm a PJ and NY superfan.

Here are some of my other picks:
Sloan
54 40
Headstones
Kathlene Edwards
Corb Lund
Big Sugar

If Neil brought PJ or Crazy Horse with him he would blow the roof of the stadium if he played Rocking in the Free World. 

Horseman

Neil Young is just plain garbage, he has always be over rated and is a never was as opposed to a has been. I would take listening to an opera singer over that clown.