Let's not get to cocky on this board

Started by Austin85, October 23, 2022, 04:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin85

I apologize I did not mean to hurt people's feelings.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Austin85 on October 24, 2022, 09:23:27 PM
I apologize I did not mean to hurt people's feelings.
No need to man! Know one said we are the champs now on here. We all know we have 2 massive games to win to win anything. But it is ok to be a little cocky as we have a had a dominant fun year. I myself have paid for 23+ years as a STH with little to no success. I for one am thoroughly enjoying is amazing ride, you should do the same. All good.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Best qb
Best DC
Solid OL
Good DL
Great receivers
Dynamic running game
Best team culture in pro sports

When you got it you got it

Win or lose this team is special and I'm already happy as future is bright in Bomber land

lockman

A good comparison is the 1987, Eastern Final. Tom Clements had a MVP season and the Bombers were 13-5. The Argos came in with a cold weather game plan. Clements had trouble throwing long passes in the cold so they covered short and left long open. We lost 19-3.

Zack is a stronger QB but BC and Cal will be looking for every weakness. Any Given Sunday.

Austin85

Good example I forgot about that one it shows anything can happen in a one game playoff or grey cup like 2001.

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Sir Blue and Gold

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Horseman

I remember....Oh wait, I don't remember, never mind. :)

dd

Quote from: Tiger on October 26, 2022, 04:23:50 AM
I remember Marcus Crandell
The name still haunts me!!! We lost to Marcus Crandell, oh my gosh, if that isn't a sobering, snap you out of any we're going to win trance, nothing will!!!

BBRT

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 26, 2022, 04:39:37 AM
I remember Jack Jacobs.

I remember Forrest Evashevski - who taught Bud Grant everything he ever knew about offensive football. How's that for a golden oldie? I actually did see Kenny Ploen play at Iowa during Evashevski's time. I even remember the Wing-T and Double Wing-T formations that Evashevski used at Iowa and Bud Grant copied during his time with the Big Blue.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: BBRT on October 26, 2022, 05:42:00 PM
I remember Forrest Evashevski - who taught Bud Grant everything he ever knew about offensive football. How's that for a golden oldie? I actually did see Kenny Ploen play at Iowa during Evashevski's time. I even remember the Wing-T and Double Wing-T formations that Evashevski used at Iowa and Bud Grant copied during his time with the Big Blue.
holy yikes BBRT! I did not realize you were so old! lol :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

BBRT

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 26, 2022, 09:56:26 PM
holy yikes BBRT! I did not realize you were so old! lol :D

like fine wine - better with age - or as my wife likes to say - turning into vinegar. I actually was a single wing tailback in H.S. and college - we were one of the last single wing offenses in college ball. And I bet you and I may be the only ones who know what the single wing formation was. And we even had a spinning back- back then. I came in at a huge 190lbs and was considered a big back in those days. Today I would be a small corner back.

John T.

I just keep thinking about the 1958-1962 Bombers. I was born in 1959, so I remember none of this, but my Dad used to talk about it.

The Bombers won four Grey Cups during that five year period - 1958, 1959, 1961, and 1962.

The year they didn't win, 1960, was the year they had the best team of that era. They went 14-1-1, and then lost the Western Final to Edmonton.

So I'm not pessimistic, but I'm not cocky, either. Nothing will ever change the FACT that we had the best team in the league in 2022, just like nothing changes the FACT that we had the best team in the league in 2001. But that's no guarantee.