Let's not get to cocky on this board

Started by Austin85, October 23, 2022, 04:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin85

We haven't won the playoff game yet!! Other teams are ready and gunning for us. Remember the 2001 Grey Cup, a team with a 8-10 regular season record defeated us. Hopefully our coaches get the players focused for the final regular season game and we win. We have to go into the west final on a positive feeling!

Stretch

I remember 2001 all too well. Agree with what you?re saying, but I?d be more concerned about the team getting too cocky and I don?t see O?Shea letting that happen.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

wpg#1

What I say or do or wear on game day, has nothing to do with how the team is going to perform. I?ve seen to many years of bad to not get a little cocky these days.
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: wpg#1 on October 23, 2022, 05:33:49 PM
What I say or do or wear on game day, has nothing to do with how the team is going to perform. I?ve seen to many years of bad to not get a little cocky these days.
Good point! But 1 game at a time.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

wpg#1

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

dd

Oh my gosh, do we not know the difference between to and too?? Seriously

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on October 23, 2022, 09:14:03 PM
Oh my gosh, do we not know the difference between to and too?? Seriously
No what is it too you? :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

winbear

What difference does it make how cocky we are on this board.  Makes no difference on the outcome of any games. The team has to worry bout those things, not the fans.

BBRT

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 23, 2022, 09:47:30 PM
No what is it too you? :D

Oh my - the language cops are out in force. ;D I will not mention the large international German company I worked for as a global account executive for many many years - but they had language cops that reviewed emails and let us know if they felt we were not using the correct grammar and syntax in our emails.

We always called them "the Soup Nazi's" if you remember your Seinfeld!  ;D - but no I am not going to get cocky in the least - I think Calgary will win in BC and they will be a handful in the Western Final here in the Peg.

TecnoGenius

Well, ya, there's karma to worry about, I guess.

But, for me, there's a difference between cocky and realism.  Saying "we'll beat team X" can be a reflection of reality when looking at the statistics and the matchup.  Doesn't have to mean we're cocky.

Saying nya nya na booboo suck it Greenie fans: now that is being cocky, and there's not too much of that going around on this forum.

No matter who we face in the WDF I think we are the better team.  And we are very consistent.  And our DC/OC are simply fantastic.  Thus I say confidently "we'll win", because unless something bizarre happens like when Evans had that horseshoe up his youknowwhat, we will win.

The players will not get cocky because they came this close to losing the WDF 2 years in a row, and this close to winning the GC last year.  They know what needs to be done.  Any rookies will be told by the vets (ring bearers!) what the deal is.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

It's funny, but I finally know what CGY fans got to feel like all those years where they just always expected to win, especially at home.  It's a slightly weird feeling.  You really don't worry about losing anymore, and when you do lose you feel like "meh, they got a lucky one".

When you're winning you don't have to analyze as much.  You're already winning, so why change the formula?  And it's easier on the ol' ticker as you really never doubt the outcome.  You get to sit back and just enjoy it more.  And there's a lot less screaming.

But I'm very appreciative of what we have now because it won't last forever.  When you're at the top, eventually the only direction to go is down.  So everyone enjoy what we have now!  We'll be able to remember these years, and these teams, for the rest of our lives.  It'll provide for great banter at games at IGF when we're back to 2013-level ball (gasp) and we're breaking the paper bags out of storage.
Never go full Rider!

dd

I don?t think MOS will let the team get too cocky, all he has to do is remind them we lost to Montreal at home and the Ticats, that should take care of any cockiness swirling around the locker room

Cool Spot

Quote from: Stretch on October 23, 2022, 05:22:46 PM
I remember 2001 all too well.

I do, too, and that was 21 years ago (and Wpg has played in 4 Grey Cups since then, winning two of them).

I also remember Dunigan hitting the upright in the 1994 Eastern Final, and how much that loss stung (it still does), and that was 28 years ago!

gobombersgo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 24, 2022, 12:40:03 AM
It's funny, but I finally know what CGY fans got to feel like all those years where they just always expected to win, especially at home.  It's a slightly weird feeling.  You really don't worry about losing anymore, and when you do lose you feel like "meh, they got a lucky one".

When you're winning you don't have to analyze as much.  You're already winning, so why change the formula?  And it's easier on the ol' ticker as you really never doubt the outcome.  You get to sit back and just enjoy it more.  And there's a lot less screaming.

But I'm very appreciative of what we have now because it won't last forever.  When you're at the top, eventually the only direction to go is down.  So everyone enjoy what we have now!  We'll be able to remember these years, and these teams, for the rest of our lives.  It'll provide for great banter at games at IGF when we're back to 2013-level ball (gasp) and we're breaking the paper bags out of storage.

Yeah, its a different feeling when you expect the Bombers to win every game.

It used to be we'd look at the schedule and predict which games they had a chance of winning.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Austin85 on October 23, 2022, 04:45:19 PM
We haven't won the playoff game yet!! Other teams are ready and gunning for us. Remember the 2001 Grey Cup, a team with a 8-10 regular season record defeated us. Hopefully our coaches get the players focused for the final regular season game and we win. We have to go into the west final on a positive feeling!

Debbie Downer alert!  ;D