The West Playoff picture

Started by The Zipp, October 17, 2022, 06:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

I would seem that BC is going to finish in second - poor Cornelius has an injured spleen and won't play for Edmonton...BC should win that one...my view is that it favors the Bombers to have the semi in a dome...no team will be used to playing in cold then they will need to roll into Winnipeg 6 days later and play in the final.  Weather in Calgary is unpredictable - could be plus 10 or minus 20...

M.O.A.B.

Yup. Let them be comfortable playing/practicing inside the dome. And get the shocks of the elements and the Bombers at IGF.

3rdand1.5

Both Cal. and BC are really good teams. Either team could beat us. I think the biggest advantages we should have are.

We have two meaningless (in the standings anyway) and two bye weeks to get our guys rested. Football is a grueling sport, and most guys are playing through something towards the end of the season, but we should be the healthier of the three teams, especially as they will both put it all on the line in the WSF.

We know we are at home; we know the stadium, we know the weather and the weather may be a huge factor, we will have 3 weeks to practice in it. If it is BC especially, they will spend most of that time in a dome. More than likely the WSF will be a dome game, so coming from a dome game to Winnipeg outdoors near the end of November is a different beast.

The crowd, if our crowd shows up like they can it's loud and tough on opposing offences, don't underestimate the influence a good crowd can have on the outcome

One of BC or Cal. will be here for WF...GO BLUE

buckzumhoff

I think calgary will come out ahead of bc. They shoukd split with dask. We should beat bc . i think calgary has the edge for second

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: buckzumhoff on October 17, 2022, 08:29:00 PM
I think calgary will come out ahead of bc. They shoukd split with dask. We should beat bc . i think calgary has the edge for second
Calgary is the more dangerous team. Better/ healthier QB, healthier WR core, better DL, better LB corp. If BC beats Calgary in the WSF it only helps the Blue Bombers.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: buckzumhoff on October 17, 2022, 08:29:00 PM

Lions have one more game to play than the Stamps. They play the Elks this week and Cornelius is out after spleen surgery. So the Lions have the season series, one game advantage and the edge.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 17, 2022, 10:44:40 PM
Lions have one more game to play than the Stamps. They play the Elks this week and Cornelius is out after spleen surgery. So the Lions have the season series, one game advantage and the edge.

that being said perhaps the Stamps may prefer playing the SF in the dome albeit they'd never admit it.   With Calgary you can expect almost anything weather wise that time of year.

I still think Calgary wins wherever they play if VA is the QB.   If Rourke plays in BC....advantage BC.  If he plays in Calgary.....slight advantage to Calgary....but close!
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Ya, WSF in BC only helps us.  If it helps BC win, that helps us.

On first glance, ideally BC won't clinch 2nd until the final week, so that both BC and CGY have to play their starters and play hard.

But thinking about it further, it would also be nice from our injury standpoint to have our BC@WPG game mean nothing for both teams.  I don't want us to be putting up our #1s in a high-effort situation vs a desperately hungry BC looking to lock #2.  So maybe lets cheer for BC to beat EDM this week so it's all decided before the final week.

A funny by-product of this is that CGY must declare their week 20 depth chart and decide who is going to SSK before the BC@EDM results are in.  Does CGY just assume BC beats EDM and only flies their #2/#3's to SSK?

At least that will give SSK something to cheer for: they might actually get a win at home because the game will be meaningless for CGY!

All this stuff was screwed up by HAM beating CGY last week.  Argh, how could CGY let them do that, at McMahon no less!!
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 17, 2022, 11:35:51 PM
that being said perhaps the Stamps may prefer playing the SF in the dome albeit they'd never admit it.   With Calgary you can expect almost anything weather wise that time of year.

I still think Calgary wins wherever they play if VA is the QB.   If Rourke plays in BC....advantage BC.  If he plays in Calgary.....slight advantage to Calgary....but close!
Yup this is what I feel is a fare assessment

pjrocksmb

We will smoke them so I don't care.  Only proven winner is BLM and he's broken.

BLUEBOMBER

The Stamps are a Grey Cup capable team. They have arguably the best RB in the league, a strong defense and great coaching. Their only weakness is in the receiver department as well as having a rookie QB but otherwise, they are a very strong team and can win the Grey Cup if they can beat Winnipeg in the West Final. Yes, I believe they will easily beat the Lions despite how much improved the Lions are.

Sec227

I can see Calgary trailing one of the games. And the throw out Bo in the 4th for the Win...

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on October 18, 2022, 06:47:02 AM
The Stamps are a Grey Cup capable team. They have arguably the best RB in the league, a strong defense and great coaching. Their only weakness is in the receiver department as well as having a rookie QB but otherwise, they are a very strong team and can win the Grey Cup if they can beat Winnipeg in the West Final. Yes, I believe they will easily beat the Lions despite how much improved the Lions are.

Yes, Stamps probably beat Rourke-less BC in WSF.  But don't forget we hosed the Stamps 3 times this season!!

Maier has the exact same problem as Rourke: it's his first real year starting.  See his last game for a hint of what Hall will do to him in a WDF.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 19, 2022, 12:06:53 AM
Yes, Stamps probably beat Rourke-less BC in WSF.  But don't forget we hosed the Stamps 3 times this season!!

Maier has the exact same problem as Rourke: it's his first real year starting.  See his last game for a hint of what Hall will do to him in a WDF.

If by hosed you mean 3 close wins?  ;)