The Good Bad Ugly at BC

Started by GOLDMEMBER, October 16, 2022, 05:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waffler

Good: no call on the Rhymes tackle. He doesn't want to go down what is Alexander supposed to do? Say excuse me and let go?
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

dd

Quote from: Waffler on October 16, 2022, 04:04:27 PM
Good: no call on the Rhymes tackle. He doesn't want to go down what is Alexander supposed to do? Say excuse me and let go?
It was excessive force, and should have been called. The game has changed, player safety is more important now than in  the past

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on October 16, 2022, 04:08:56 PM
It was excessive force, and should have been called. The game has changed, player safety is more important now than in  the past
It was borderline but I feel still within the realm of a "football play".   I remember once when Sir Charles Robert's was suplexed to the ground wrestling style and no call......funny how times have changed yet I can understand why we need to protect our players from deliberate intent to injure.    Hard tackling IS still part of the game though and both Alexander and Biggie will smack you hard when given the opportunity.    I mean, it's still football, a violent sport not badminton!
Bomber fan for life

Waffler

Quote from: dd on October 16, 2022, 04:08:56 PM

It's on the officials for not blowing it faster then. Rhymes was clearly still trying to break free.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Tiger

We could have won but for big returns, Teo pic sixes and 3 missed field goals.  Brown did down for his first start.  Over 300 yds, 72 % completion, good mobility getting away from the rush.  Sure some bad or late decisions but that changes with experience. 

The oline was not great but we have back ups in.  Brown and Buck seemed to handle that well.

Bailey had a great game.  If we get Ellingson and Woli back we will be in great shape. McCrae and Oleary Orange have done better than expected.

At the end of the day it was clear to me how much we would miss Collaros and Bryant.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

mondo3

Only the good:
Brown exceeded my expectations for a QB's first start. While it's only one game, he seems like a very good option as a backup if needed, or potentially as a future starter.

TBURGESS

The Alexander on Rhymes hit should have been UR. Rhymes gave up, the whistle blew, Alexander drove him head first into the turf. Would have been a great hit back in the '80s, but it's UR now. I expect the league will fine Alexander.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 16, 2022, 06:01:03 PM
The Alexander on Rhymes hit should have been UR. Rhymes gave up, the whistle blew, Alexander drove him head first into the turf. Would have been a great hit back in the '80s, but it's UR now. I expect the league will fine Alexander.
Rhymes was struggling to escape. He did not  appear to give up.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pete

Thought our secondary was good especially Parker, but our linebackers we're weak. Clements seemed to be a few steps behind the play and I can't remember seeing Darby make a play

dd

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 16, 2022, 06:01:03 PM
Agree 100%, and fine is coming, bank on it.

Pete

Rhymes was still driving forward , Alexander was just taking him down.Short of just letting him go not sure what you wanted him to do. It's TACKLE football
It was a one on one play. If the league wants that cut down why arent they blowing it down if they feel the play is done? Then if hes put on the ground theres no question about roughing

theaardvark

Was CK67's play influenced by having JG68 on his left shoulder?

I think, all things considered, the play of the team was great.  With no one on the Oline starting in their "normal" spot, except Couture returning from injury, they did darned fine.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

Quote from: Pete on October 16, 2022, 07:31:02 PM
Rhymes was still driving forward , Alexander was just taking him down.Short of just letting him go not sure what you wanted him to do. It's TACKLE football
It was a one on one play. If the league wants that cut down why arent they blowing it down if they feel the play is done? Then if hes put on the ground theres no question about roughing
They should be s
Whistling it dead once the ball carrier s forward progress has been stopped and he?s clearly in the grasp of the defender, which he was here. Whistle this play dead like it should have been and this play doesn?t happen.

TBURGESS

Quote from: dd on October 16, 2022, 09:36:54 PM
They should be s
Whistling it dead once the ball carrier s forward progress has been stopped and he?s clearly in the grasp of the defender, which he was here. Whistle this play dead like it should have been and this play doesn?t happen.
That pisses me off all the time. When the ball carrier is stopped, whistle it dead ASAP to protect the players.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on October 16, 2022, 07:31:02 PM

Simple fix, they need to penalize that suplex move whenever it happens, can't have degrees of severity, body throws should no longer be permitted.