Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC October 15, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, October 14, 2022, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

Excited to watch the mix of starter Brown and reliable Prukop
Augustine may get in for a good bit of action as his outside the tackles runs may work tonight
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Lincoln Locomotive

Hopefully we can establish the run game to take some pressure off of Brown.    It we can get that going early it could be instrumental in helping Brown work the passing game.    He isn't going to have to have as extensive a play book as Zach so I'm expecting to see us establish the run game....incorporating some Demski and Bailey Jet Sweeps to keep them guessing on the edge.    Let's utilize BO on screens as well and hit Bailey with some crossing routes over the middle.    If we get our running game going we may have a shot.   
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 15, 2022, 09:25:09 PM
Hopefully we can establish the run game to take some pressure off of Brown.    It we can get that going early it could be instrumental in helping Brown work the passing game.    He isn't going to have to have as extensive a play book as Zach so I'm expecting to see us establish the run game....incorporating some Demski and Bailey Jet Sweeps to keep them guessing on the edge.    Let's utilize BO on screens as well and hit Bailey with some crossing routes over the middle.    If we get our running game going we may have a shot.   
Yup new OL needs to show up well to have a chance in this one.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 15, 2022, 09:25:09 PM

I'm sure Brown knows the entire play book. Like every back up QB he talks with Collaros on the side lines and has to understand it all. I agree he won't be asked to use some plays more suited to Collaros who has been actually using all these choices.

OTOH there are probably a few plays specifically designed for Brown and another few for Prukop that Collaros doesn't necessarily use.

We will see a modification to the play calling from Pierce even though they will be familiar plays.

Let might be more of an early lean towards some running plays also using the McCrae, Demski and maybe even Grant plays. Augustine might be thrown into the mix.

This isn't to suggest Brown won't be passing but the when, where and sequence might change somewhat from Collaros.

I'd expect a slightly more conservative passing attack until Brown settles into the game.

It might take as long as his 2nd offensive series to march 90 yards for his 1st TD.

:) :) :) :)

2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 15, 2022, 10:18:26 PM
I'm sure Brown knows the entire play book. Like every back up QB he talks with Collaros on the side lines and has to understand it all. I agree he won't be asked to use some plays more suited to Collaros who has been actually using all these choices.

OTOH there are probably a few plays specifically designed for Brown and another few for Prukop that Collaros doesn't necessarily use.

We will see a modification to the play calling from Pierce even though they will be familiar plays.

Let might be more of an early lean towards some running plays also using the McCrae, Demski and maybe even Grant plays. Augustine might be thrown into the mix.

This isn't to suggest Brown won't be passing but the when, where and sequence might change somewhat from Collaros.

I'd expect a slightly more conservative passing attack until Brown settles into the game.

It might take as long as his 2nd offensive series to march 90 yards for his 1st TD.

:) :) :) :)

whew someone is pumped to see the Blue Bombers live! Atta boy, I love it!

GOLDMEMBER

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

TecnoGenius

Legghio: tackle machine!  That's the 3rd week in a row he saves the day?
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

Tiger

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 16, 2022, 02:11:14 AM
Legghio: tackle machine!  That's the 3rd week in a row he saves the day?

3rd straight game he has had to tackle?
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Tiger

Bc is going after our defensive weakness - run run run
Bo Jackson

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

GOLDMEMBER

Not a great start. Decent return

Brown downtown please

Pete