Cgy and Ham GDT

Started by pjrocksmb, October 15, 2022, 02:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Maier susceptible to being picked off. 3 picks in the first half! Wow.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

jdrattops

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 15, 2022, 02:38:13 PM
What an ending!

Does this win knock out the Rough Riders? No, but they do not control there own destiny now!

A Stamps loss is also a Rider loss in the same game!  The only thing sweeter will be a Bomber victory this evening!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: jdrattops on October 15, 2022, 02:47:28 PM
A Stamps loss is also a Rider loss in the same game!  The only thing sweeter will be a Bomber victory this evening!
lol pretty much! :D

Lincoln Locomotive

Was surprised to see the 3 picks from Maier and in the first half.    Simoni Lawrence returned last night after being injured for a major part of the season.    Don't like the guy however he is an elite player nonetheless.   Evans was playing very well and if he continues to play this way they do have a shot at the East final.    When he's on he can really throw the rock.   He hasn't thrown many late game changing picks like he used to and that was ever since they soundly beat us.   The Cats have beaten the top two teams in the CFL and right now could be the dark horse of the east....especially if Evans can play the way he has lately!
Bomber fan for life

TBURGESS

What a great ending for Hammy & a crushing defeat for Calgary! Riders are now in tough to make the playoffs.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

Calgary probably just blew their chance to finish 2nd. Having to play in BC Place might be the difference between winning or losing that game. Stamps are more geared to playing outdoors with the strength of their varied running game. Wind, wet, cold etc would have been to their advantage.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 15, 2022, 04:24:43 PM
Calgary probably just blew their chance to finish 2nd. Having to play in BC Place might be the difference between winning or losing that game. Stamps are more geared to playing outdoors with the strength of their varied running game. Wind, wet, cold etc would have been to their advantage.
so what needs t happen for Calgary to still get 2nd place. Win out and a BC lose out?

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: dd on October 15, 2022, 05:40:23 AM
Ya Hamilton played good but Calgary threw 3 picks that helped them out a ton

Give credit to where the credit is due.

1st pick, was Howsare dropping and reaching up for the pick
2nd pick, Howsare applying causing Maier to make an errant throw and Leonard stretching to pick before it hit the ground
3rd pick, Leonard cutting on the passing lane to get the ball and using his angle to make the receiver miss the tackle

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 15, 2022, 06:42:52 PM
so what needs t happen for Calgary to still get 2nd place. Win out and a BC lose out?

Lions hold 2nd place advantage right now. Stamps have to win at least one of their remaining 2 games. Lions can only win 1 of 3 remaining games. Odds are not in the favour of the Stamps.

EDIT: Interesting to show that the 2 games the Lions won against the Stamps were won by 3 point in total. A 1 point and 2 point victory.

That's how close the standings have been and how easily a given top team could drop or stay up.

Bombers won a few of those less than 3 point games too.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 15, 2022, 08:29:55 PM
Lions hold 2nd place advantage right now. Stamps have to win at least one of their remaining 2 games. Lions can only win 1 of 3 remaining games. Odds are not in the favour of the Stamps.
well done. Thank you! :)

TecnoGenius

What a crazy game.  Coach O makes the worst decision in the history of football and still wins the game... because Tim White (who I had in fantasy last week and got me bupkis, but didn't have this week, argh).

Here's the thing after this week's games:

1. Maier is the next Arbuckle: he looks good because he's in CGY with that R corps and that D.  I think we easily beat CGY in a WDF match

2. VAJ/BC is also easily beatable in a WDF match.  We almost beat them with our B team.  We don't throw those 1 of those 2 picks, and if Leggs makes 2 of those 3 misses, we win easily

3. Rourke/BC is the only thing that can beat us in WDF, and that would I still think we win because Hall will screw over rookie Rourke just like he did earlier in the regular season and Zach can match point for point

Since I think BC is faking it and Rourke won't be ready in full scramble mode, I think we are easily going to another GC.  BC/CGY are going to pound each other silly in BC WSF and we'll take on the bruised remnants in a cold WPG to punch our ticket.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Oh ya, Maier's INTs looked as bad as Dru.  Dru's on his first start, what's Maier's excuse?  :o
Never go full Rider!