Zach Collaros

Started by GOLDMEMBER, October 09, 2022, 11:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

This guy is just unbelievable! :o

What is his record as a starting Qb for the Blue Bombers?

He has got to be catching up to BLM for best winning percentage as starting QB after how many starts?
Stats Junkie?

Is he nipping at history making numbers?

Cherish these performances. It seems these types of QB performances/records  only come around here about once every generation at the most!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Should give ZC8 the next 2 weeks off.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

I think he plays the first half of the remaining games and plays it safe and gets rid of the ball quickly. If he is healthy, nobody beats us.

blue_or_die

I agree that he is good at playing football
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

I?d like to see him get the road game off completely. And then play only the first half of the Home game against BC.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Ducky

Quote from: dd on October 09, 2022, 02:22:43 PM
I think he plays the first half of the remaining games and plays it safe and gets rid of the ball quickly. If he is healthy, nobody beats us.

Remember what Hamilton did to our D.  Nothing is 100%.

theaardvark

ZC8 deserves a rest... don't even travel to BC, sit at home with is feet up... one quarter in the last game here...

Brown and Prokup can handle it...

3 QB's throwing for TD's in one game...

Nice

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on October 09, 2022, 02:16:58 PM
Should give ZC8 the next 2 weeks off.

I would definitely be playing him in each game.

5 weeks is a long time in between games.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

I?m good giving him all next game off but he should play about a half in the final game.
#Ride?

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 09, 2022, 02:32:46 PM
I?d like to see him get the road game off completely. And then play only the first half of the Home game against BC.

I'd go with that play as well. He needs some live reps in the last game but doesn't need to play next week. Could give a few other players some rest to recover from on going bumps and bruises.

OTOH if we have some players returning from IR, it might be a good time to get them back on the AR.

O'Shea said a couple were close and they have been off for a considerable amount of time. So playing part of next week is not a bad idea.

Collaros is going to be MOP. He's been unbelievable since joining the Bombers.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue72

In the next game BC will be throwing everything at the bombers to get home field so better to leave Zac at home or at least on the sidelines for that game. Maybe even try to take him out for a couple games so give him a couple plays at home before the finals and maybe by that time BC will be playing there backup

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 09, 2022, 03:08:57 PM
I'd go with that play as well. He needs some live reps in the last game but doesn't need to play next week. Could give a few other players some rest to recover from on going bumps and bruises.

OTOH if we have some players returning from IR, it might be a good time to get them back on the AR.

O'Shea said a couple were close and they have been off for a considerable amount of time. So playing part of next week is not a bad idea.

Collaros is going to be MOP. He's been unbelievable since joining the Bombers.
No question about the MOP albeit DB keeps talking about Rourkes first 8 games as being good enough to take MOP!    Incidentally, Zach was on pace when he played with Hamilton to win MOP and then was injured in the 12th game of the season and wasn't chosen that year.   Can't remember who won it or the year either.   Sorry DB however I can't agree as being unavailable for 10 games automatically takes you out of the running for this honour.    IF he manages to comeback in the last 2 or 3 games.....AND he plays like he did in his first 8 games....perhaps however Zach's play took us to first place overall in the CFL standings and in itself makes him worthy of the award.    Add to the fact that he hasn't missed a game to injury in that span and it's even more remarkable!  
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 09, 2022, 03:25:26 PM
No question about the MOP albeit DB keeps talking about Rourkes first 8 games as being good enough to take MOP!    Incidentally, Zach was on pace when he played with Hamilton to win MOP and then was injured in the 12th game of the season and wasn't chosen that year.   Can't remember who won it or the year either.   Sorry DB however I can't agree as being unavailable for 10 games automatically takes you out of the running for this honour.    IF he manages to comeback in the last 2 or 3 games.....AND he plays like he did in his first 8 games....perhaps however Zach's play took us to first place overall in the CFL standings and in itself makes him worthy of the award.    Add to the fact that he hasn't missed a game to injury in that span and it's even more remarkable!  

Rourke could have certainly been in the running if he had stayed healthy. OTOH you can't predict the what if situation. Being able to stay healthy and perform at a consistently high level is part of what determines an MOP candidate.

Lions could have been the team finishing in 1st place if not for some injuries. They were impressive early on without doubt. Bombers took a little longer to get Oliveria to finding his path to success and we had to deal with injuries too. Schoen was not as prominent early on as he is now and he quite likely wins ROY.

At the moment our offence is unstoppable and we're still missing Ellingson and Woli!!!
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 09, 2022, 02:32:46 PM

Agree, with this. ZC8 took a few big hits last night.

Pigskin

It was interesting listening to Purkop talk about DS83 yesterday after the game. How impressed he was with him right from the start of camp. I think everyone who watch TC, was impressed with his speed and ability to get open.