The Good The Bad The Ugly, Happy thanks giving all!

Started by GOLDMEMBER, October 09, 2022, 03:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Good

OL yet another dominant performance
Demski and Schoen amazing
Brady was very impressive
Zach was well Zach, is just a cool cat
Leggio perfect again
Parker steps up when picked upon
Streaker got his money worth lol

1st in the west, time to get essentials healthy!

Bad

Rose got burnt on the TD
Some tackling suspect
Zach got rocked with his arm extended, appeared nicked but recovered nicely.

Ugly

Nothing
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Excellent summary

Good
Amazing weather
Bad
Zach getting slightly nicked
Ugly
Elks

GOLDMEMBER

Good

Keon Adams in a nice debut, no sacks but made some plays.

Pigskin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 09, 2022, 04:16:00 AM
Good

Keion Adams, played better as the game went on. Rather have him at DE then Sayles. Sayles needs to stay in the middle.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 09, 2022, 04:16:00 AM
Good

He had a sack in the 4th quarter

Sergio105

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 09, 2022, 03:31:13 AM
Good

OL yet another dominant performance
Demski and Schoen amazing
Brady was very impressive
Zach was well Zach, is just a cool cat
Leggio perfect again
Parker steps up when picked upon
Streaker got his money worth lol

1st in the west, time to get essentials healthy!

Bad

Rose got burnt on the TD
Some tackling suspect
Zach got rocked with his arm extended, appeared nicked but recovered nicely.

Ugly

Nothing

The only thing I would add is that kickoff and punt coverage was a little suspect throughout the game. Our return game was also uninspiring in both areas. Big dropoff from last season.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Sergio105 on October 09, 2022, 02:46:30 PM
The only thing I would add is that kickoff and punt coverage was a little suspect throughout the game. Our return game was also uninspiring in both areas. Big dropoff from last season.
Yes we are missing key players on our STs due to injury and JG has not returned to his explosive form since being injured.   Doug Brown put it this way...."JG is running as if he's expecting to get hit" and therefore not as explaining as he was prior to injury.   This hesitation in his running style makes him far less effective.    He doesn't cough up the ball much which is  now his greatest asset however in a tightly contested game having a dangerous returner is a distinct advantage when it comes to field position.   It might cost us however so far it hasn't.   It would be a bonus for us if he does manage to get his mojo back!
Bomber fan for life

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 09, 2022, 03:40:33 PM
Yes we are missing key players on our STs due to injury and JG has not returned to his explosive form since being injured.   Doug Brown put it this way...."JG is running as if he's expecting to get hit" and therefore not as explosive as he was prior to injury.   This hesitation in his running style makes him far less effective.    He doesn't cough up the ball much which is  now his greatest asset however in a tightly contested game having a dangerous returner is a distinct advantage when it comes to field position.   It might cost us however so far it hasn't.   It would be a bonus for us if he does manage to get his mojo back!
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

Losing Hansen, Houston, and Taylor all in a short period of time has created a few problems for our D and ST's. Hopefully Darby can help with some of the coverage on kick coverage.

Bighill 9 DT's, Kramdi 3, Briggs 1, Gauthier 0. Did Kramdi play better then Rutledge has in the past. 

the paw

Quote from: Pigskin on October 09, 2022, 03:48:41 PM
Losing Hansen, Houston, and Taylor all in a short period of time has created a few problems for our D and ST's. Hopefully Darby can help with some of the coverage on kick coverage.

Bighill 9 DT's, Kramdi 3, Briggs 1, Gauthier 0. Did Kramdi play better then Rutledge has in the past. 

Kramdi played well, but I didn?t notice him with big plays that I have seen from Rutledge.  But Kramdi does give us extra ratio flexibility.  By playoff time, I expect Rutledge will be the full time starter again.
grab grass 'n growl

Pigskin

Blue In BC

I was just going to make a post regarding our ST's but deleted it when I saw these comments.

Hansen, Clements and Thompson were responsible for about 18 ST's between them and that has had an impact. All are on 1 game IR and in theory could be back but we're not really getting any info about their status.

Grant is running more tentatively and I don't think he is 100%. OTOH he's not getting any blocking support either and / or opponents are kicking to the short side of the field. No place to run.

Darby will probably be active next week and might be involved in ST's. However he doesn't have a history of ST activity from a stats point of view. He may still be important in forcing returners into those that will make the ST's?

I'm not sure but getting the 3 injured players could make a difference.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gordo

Good
- nice TD pass from Brown
- Schoen as usual the catching machine
- I smell turkey

Bad
- Zach in the game too long - give Brown more reps

Ugly
- the Elks - worse than bad
- that little triangular thing they sold me as pizza for $8.50

Pigskin

Speaking of teams, MM24, NH21, TG-C47, TH3, are the leaders on our ST tackles. But Ford has 9, Parker 7, Maruo 5, JA27 5, Leggs with 3.

CrazyCanuck89

I think kramdi was equal to Rutledge.  Does it really matter, you defense game up 11 points, so he must of been doing some good things.

Also, I believe thar CFL stasticians award tackles to the wrong guy.  I could've sworn Gauthier had at least two tackles.

Pigskin

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on October 09, 2022, 08:01:07 PM
I think kramdi was equal to Rutledge.  Does it really matter, you defense game up 11 points, so he must of been doing some good things.

Also, I believe thar CFL stasticians award tackles to the wrong guy.  I could've sworn Gauthier had at least two tackles.

You could be right, their just human.

Pete

When it comes to ugly...how about the Elks at the end of first half, just running out the clock..and calling two rum plays to Brown who looked to be really hurting. Jones just showing he has no regard for his players

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on October 09, 2022, 08:01:07 PM

agreed but Kramdi is another ratio breaker. He did look out of place yesterday.

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 09, 2022, 09:12:33 PM
agreed but Kramdi is another ratio breaker. He did look out of place yesterday.

Ratio breakers are an advantage but we need to see how he does against the Lions. V. Adams is not as good as Rourke but he will run if he eludes contain. That puts more pressure on the outside LB's. Their receivers are much better than the Elks.

So he passed his 1st test. In theory if he does struggle they will put Rutledge back in? If he plays well and retains the starting role as a Canadian that's a real advantage.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 09, 2022, 10:13:42 PM
Ratio breakers are an advantage but we need to see how he does against the Lions. V. Adams is not as good as Rourke but he will run if he eludes contain. That puts more pressure on the outside LB's. Their receivers are much better than the Elks.

So he passed his 1st test. In theory if he does struggle they will put Rutledge back in? If he plays well and retains the starting role as a Canadian that's a real advantage.
cannot disagree with this assessment

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 09, 2022, 10:13:42 PM

Rutledge rotated with Kramdi at least a few times, announcers mentioned him once and I saw him two other times.  Hall's explanation for the change was that he "hit the wall", which I interpret as either physically exhausted from the long season, or he is unable to pick up on advanced reads and is struggling with his assignments.  Either way I think they found a keeper, love his physical size and mobility and would like to see him on the field the same time as Wilson and Bighill.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on October 09, 2022, 06:58:38 PM
Speaking of teams, MM24, NH21, TG-C47, TH3, are the leaders on our ST tackles. But Ford has 9, Parker 7, Maruo 5, JA27 5, Leggs with 3.

A kicker getting an occasional "Let me get in your way" tackle is OK, but Leggs having 3 legit ST tackles?  Awesome, sure, but worrisome becuae that means returners are getting to his level, and the risk of injury, well...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.