Injuries

Started by theaardvark, October 05, 2022, 07:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Sounds like Taylor is out for the season as well...  looks like about 1/3 of our proposed starting O/D are injured.

Yikes

1-Game Injured List
NO            NAME   POS    A/N/G    HT    WT    AGE    COLLEGE
0       Clements, Malik    LB    A    6'0    224    26    Cincinnati
23       Hallett, Noah    DB    N    6'0    191    25    McMaster
3       Hansen, Thiadric    DE    G    6'2    250    29    
94       Jeffcoat, Jackson    DE    A    6'3    243    31    Texas
9       Taylor, Nick    DB    A    5'9    181    34    Florida International
82       Wolitarsky, Drew    WR    N    6'2    227    27    Minnesota

6-Game Injured List
NO            NAME   POS    A/N/G    HT    WT    AGE    COLLEGE
86       Agudosi, Carlton    WR    A    6'6    220    28    Rutgers
2       Ellingson, Greg    WR    A    6'3    211    33    Florida International
35       Houston, Demerio    DB    A    5'10    169    26    Southern University
7       Maston, Mercy    DB    A    6'0    210    29    Boise State

39       Rene, Patrice    DB    N    6'2    206    24    Rutgers
60       Richmond, Drew    OL    A    6'5    301    26    USC
19       Wilson, Kyrie    LB    A    6'1    221    29    Fresno State
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

This game will be the 6th game missed for GE2. Would be nice to see him back at practice next week.

Clements is a mystery?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pete

Has anyone heard anything about Clements recovery? I don't think i've even seen him on the sidelines as we have with Wilson.

pjrocksmb

Some great players on these lists

Pigskin

I really like what we have done the last couple of weeks with our roster. We addressed some needs and, and now have some depth at most positions. Get back a few players from our IR and we are looking good for the playoffs.

DM83

For a public ally owned team injury info should be released earlier.
Not me, but some people net in these games

Like what is wrong with Ellington?  I mean I had a hip pointer and I was out for four weeks. So is he coming back or not?
And Wolitarski?  Was it torn ligaments and how bad? Same with Jefferson.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

BLUEBOMBER

The Bombers can't afford to have anyone else injured.  Our Defence is already quite depleted as it is now.

Pigskin

We have lots of time to rest players now.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 09, 2022, 03:40:02 AM
Unscathed tonight?

Demski was looking uncomfortable and limping a bit midway through after a sweep or hitch to the right and the D did a good twisty-leggy tackle on him.  But he stayed in all game (I think?) and didn't seem the worse for wear.

Zach had his bell rung on that almost-sack blindside whack.  I was a bit worried command was going to pull him.  But he also trooped on and seemed fine.

Oh ya, a hitch screen to Bailey where he got blown up also seemed to really jar him.  But he continued on.  Someone downfield missed his block or didn't hold enough...

EDM lost Brown right at the half and he never came back.  Any faint hope they had died with him.  Good thing I did pick him in fantasy this week.  ;D ;D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on October 09, 2022, 04:05:06 AM
We have lots of time to rest players now.

You better believe it.  Forget rest vs rust.  I'm resting everyone who needs it and if not, the #1's only get a quarter a game (or less!!).  No chances.  Period.  Most of these guys will be going to their 3rd GC in a row, they don't need more reps.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

I expect some changes for this weeks roster going to Vancouver. As has been expressed, some of our vets could use a week off to recover from lingering issues. Small rosters make this somewhat complicated.

That said we might have a couple of players capable of returning from IR that need some live game reps.

What I'm really expecting is the possible activation of  2 or 3 players from the PR. A few in particular comes to mind. It depends on what happens with the IR players and any new injuries as the starting point.

One question might be whether Richmond is capable of returning ( as an example ) from the season long IR status. Team seems to believe in his abilities and if has been " in reserve " and could play, this might be the game to activate him. Both Bryant and Hardrick have some lingering injuries.

I don't directly have any insight and he might not even be in the consideration to play in 2022. Perhaps Lofton might be in the equation as a 2nd choice on the OL. OTOH, we might just start 4 Canadian OL with either Bryant or Hardrick on the roster but not starting?

Massie could be a player I wouldn't mind getting a look at. Again this depends on whether Jeffcoat is healthy or whether he sits one more week. I want to see one more week from Adams but giving Jefferson a week off starting ( not necessarily off the AR ). The catch there is do we remove another DI in order to do something like that?

Aside from that I don't really see who might be PR choices to activate.

Because we have 1st place locked up, we might not activate anyone off the IR. With the bye they'd have another two weeks before the last game against the Lions to practice etc etc.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 10, 2022, 04:48:29 PM
I expect some changes for this weeks roster going to Vancouver. As has been expressed, some of our vets could use a week off to recover from lingering issues. Small rosters make this somewhat complicated.

That said we might have a couple of players capable of returning from IR that need some live game reps.

What I'm really expecting is the possible activation of  2 or 3 players from the PR. A few in particular comes to mind. It depends on what happens with the IR players and any new injuries as the starting point.

One question might be whether Richmond is capable of returning ( as an example ) from the season long IR status. Team seems to believe in his abilities and if has been " in reserve " and could play, this might be the game to activate him. Both Bryant and Hardrick have some lingering injuries.

I don't directly have any insight and he might not even be in the consideration to play in 2022. Perhaps Lofton might be in the equation as a 2nd choice on the OL. OTOH, we might just start 4 Canadian OL with either Bryant or Hardrick on the roster but not starting?

Massie could be a player I wouldn't mind getting a look at. Again this depends on whether Jeffcoat is healthy or whether he sits one more week. I want to see one more week from Adams but giving Jefferson a week off starting ( not necessarily off the AR ). The catch there is do we remove another DI in order to do something like that?

Aside from that I don't really see who might be PR choices to activate.

Because we have 1st place locked up, we might not activate anyone off the IR. With the bye they'd have another two weeks before the last game against the Lions to practice etc etc.

Agree on all points, now is the time to audition players for next season and see if they're worth hanging onto.  All players left on the PR become F.A.'s at the end of the year.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 09, 2022, 04:36:34 AM
You better believe it.  Forget rest vs rust.  I'm resting everyone who needs it and if not, the #1's only get a quarter a game (or less!!).  No chances.  Period.  Most of these guys will be going to their 3rd GC in a row, they don't need more reps.

Have to be careful managing the rust, Collaros threw 3 interceptions and they turned the ball over 6 times in the W.F. against Sask. last year, luckily they made no hay.  Make half that many mistakes against the Stamps and they will capitalize and bury them.

Tee42

Rust is real.  I am not a fan of long breaks. We have 2 weeks off coming up.