Darby

Started by 3rdand1.5, October 04, 2022, 03:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on October 05, 2022, 07:28:59 PM
So, Rutledge isn't injured, so Darby has been brought in to replace him. Which DB does he replace. If Parker is healthy, I would say it going to be Holm.

Replacing Holm as the starter seems most probable. I think Holm sticks as a DI and Hassell gets bumped to the PR. Both may have futures with the team but Darby is the " now " talent to add into a starting role.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Holm is in for Taylor... guessing Darby competes for that spot...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 05, 2022, 08:28:09 PM
Replacing Holm as the starter seems most probable. I think Holm sticks as a DI and Hassell gets bumped to the PR. Both may have futures with the team but Darby is the " now " talent to add into a starting role.

Agree. Darby will be a starter either field-side HB or SAM depending if they want to try Rutledge in field-side HB.
He doesn't need to compete. He's proven.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 05, 2022, 07:07:53 PM
but they'll probably be new to the league like Poop Johnson was when they brought him in.

Whatever happened to Poop?  He got released and just fell off the radar.  I'm still not sure some sort of falling out didn't occur.

Too bad, as we could really use a Poop push about now.  Maybe find another constipated guy?
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Its really odd, Darby seems to love being back, loving being "home" with his "family"... why did he ever sign in Ham?   
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: theaardvark on October 05, 2022, 10:31:12 PM
Its really odd, Darby seems to love being back, loving being "home" with his "family"... why did he ever sign in Ham?  
Mo money mo problems

Pigskin

Looks like Darby will wear #48 and will not play against EE.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on October 05, 2022, 11:23:25 PM
Looks like Darby will wear #48 and will not play against EE.

Makes no sense. At worst he could be the DI for the 1st week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 06, 2022, 01:12:08 AM
Makes no sense. At worst he could be the DI for the 1st week.

Only telling you what was reporting on the news tonight.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

M.O.A.B.

IIRC, Darby was supposed to sign back with the Argos but Hammy gave him more $$$

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 06, 2022, 12:38:26 PM
IIRC, Darby was supposed to sign back with the Argos but Hammy gave him more $$$
Odd that he never seemed to fit in and was a healthy scratch in the TiCat's last 3 games?    He will definitely be an asset with valuable experience in our system from last season.   In hindsight, he's probably thinking he should have stayed put, however the lure of bigger $$ is hard to resist.    I don't blame the players for pursuing more cash as their football careers are so short.....however I'm happy to have him back....again!
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 06, 2022, 02:56:22 PM
Odd that he never seemed to fit in and was a healthy scratch in the TiCat's last 3 games?    He will definitely be an asset with valuable experience in our system from last season.   In hindsight, he's probably thinking he should have stayed put, however the lure of bigger $$ is hard to resist.    I don't blame the players for pursuing more cash as their football careers are so short.....however I'm happy to have him back....again!

I don't know how much the Bombers offered him to return or how much more he got signing in Hamilton. At the time we expected Maston back and SMS is a tough balancing act.

Hindsight is great but I'm happy to have him returning. For Darby he probably earns more play off money as well. So it's a win win situation.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

Quote from: theaardvark on October 05, 2022, 10:31:12 PM

He must have figured he'd be in the Grey Cup either way. That would have been a decent assumption in the off season.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 06, 2022, 03:13:43 PM
I don't know how much the Bombers offered him to return or how much more he got signing in Hamilton. At the time we expected Maston back and SMS is a tough balancing act.

Hindsight is great but I'm happy to have him returning. For Darby he probably earns more play off money as well. So it's a win win situation.

Word has it Walters did not make Darby an offer in F.A., deciding instead to go with Maston at the SAM position.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 06, 2022, 04:18:01 PM
Word has it Walters did not make Darby an offer in F.A., deciding instead to go with Maston at the SAM position.

Could well be. Like I said, it's a tough choice when assessing the overall SMS and what we want versus what we can afford. Knowing Alexander was not going to be available, I'm a little surprised that we didn't consider Darby starting the season at safety. Switching the ratio to use Hallett was not necessary per se.

Either way, I understand the why the team choose that direction. You don't get to keep everybody. Similar to the issue of not keeping Mike Jones.
2019 Grey Cup Champions