Darby

Started by 3rdand1.5, October 04, 2022, 03:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

I don't know if we need a burner American reciever....Demski and Shoen seem to get open regularly for TD strikes on post/corner patterns. I'll take that over a guy who can run fast but can't catch a cold.

dd

Quote from: Pigskin on October 04, 2022, 09:05:18 PM
Really like this deal. He knows our D, he can play DB or LB. And we trade a player that has done nothing in 9 games with us. This is a great deal for the bombers.
Agree 100%. This is prudent roster management at its best.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: DM83 on October 04, 2022, 07:51:49 PM
Darby was one of the boys, so it seemed, here.  He was a great fit. and the defence was better with him.

I think this would be a good year imitate an NHL contender and trade for pieces that would improve our roster.

I am still suggesting another American burner at receiver, just to clear, threaten defences for our other guys.
Maybe a CDN O lineman
A CDN D tackle in case of injury.

None are a must, but like insurance even for he five games left.

we need a run-stopper at DT to make life easier to our LBs. Imo, biggest disappoinment this year is the middle of the DL. they are not affected by injury yet their performance are less to be desired.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: the paw on October 04, 2022, 11:58:44 PM
They have Harrison and Helligh as import receivers on the PR, and Ellingson on the IR.   They just added Jakub Szott, a CDN OL from Ottaw to the PR.

They are already two deep at CDN DT, and if they ran into injury problems, would just use Gauthier and Briggs at WIL for the ratio. 
Agree all

Quote from: dd on October 05, 2022, 12:07:29 AM
I don't know if we need a burner American reciever....Demski and Shoen seem to get open regularly for TD strikes on post/corner patterns. I'll take that over a guy who can run fast but can't catch a cold.
Agree our receivers are fine and can go deep

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 05, 2022, 01:21:10 AM
we need a run-stopper at DT to make life easier to our LBs. Imo, biggest disappoinment this year is the middle of the DL. they are not affected by injury yet their performance are less to be desired.

Every time the Gauthier/Briggs combo starts the defensive line suddenly looks worse against the run.

theaardvark

Not sure if you missed it, but Sayles was a DNP...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

definitely need the run stopper
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Slingin Sammy

I've been feeling the same way.  Our middle depth was lacklustre last year when Richardson was out; there was noticeable improvement when Richardson was in the line-up last year.  I think Sayles is a good D Lineman; but he hasn't demonstrated that he's a run stopping/plug up the middle kind of D Tackle in the same way Richardson was or even Drake Nevis was (Richardson's predecessor); but we don't seem to have anyone who fits that mold on our roster.  As the weather gets colder and more teams rely on the running game, I suppose we'll have to scheme to ensure teams aren't ripping off huge runs against us between the tackles.
Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: theaardvark on October 05, 2022, 04:57:26 PM
Not sure if you missed it, but Sayles was a DNP...

Not injured but a vet-day.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: theaardvark on October 05, 2022, 06:13:11 PM
It says Knee/DNP

My point is no one on of DTs (specially the starters) were out because of injury. Not practicing for a day or two is different from being out of the game.
I dont really pay too much attention on that list. You have to take some of those with grain of salt.
For example, Miller has been on the IR list every single week (in the past) with an ankle injury. But did he actually missed a game?
Would you ever know who practiced or not on Bomber's closed practices?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Slingin Sammy on October 05, 2022, 05:26:15 PM
I've been feeling the same way.  Our middle depth was lacklustre last year when Richardson was out; there was noticeable improvement when Richardson was in the line-up last year.  I think Sayles is a good D Lineman; but he hasn't demonstrated that he's a run stopping/plug up the middle kind of D Tackle in the same way Richardson was or even Drake Nevis was (Richardson's predecessor); but we don't seem to have anyone who fits that mold on our roster.  As the weather gets colder and more teams rely on the running game, I suppose we'll have to scheme to ensure teams aren't ripping off huge runs against us between the tackles.

Honestly I think it all starts with the pressure the DE's can create, when they fall off the interior guys who are extremely consistent fall off as well.  With the injuries to Jeffocat and the loss of Hansen, Willy hasn't had much help creating havoc for much of this season and the DT's feed on the Jeff's scraps.  I expect they'll bring in some Stove/Nevis type NT's to next year's camp  but they'll probably be new to the league like Poop Johnson was when they brought him in.

Pigskin

So, Rutledge isn't injured, so Darby has been brought in to replace him. Which DB does he replace. If Parker is healthy, I would say it going to be Holm.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Sounds like ZC8 is pretty happy with the Bombers picking up Darby.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on October 05, 2022, 06:13:11 PM
It says Knee/DNP

FWIW, he was a full participant at practice today.

Quote from: Pigskin on October 05, 2022, 07:30:48 PM
Sounds like ZC8 is pretty happy with the Bombers picking up Darby.

He's a huge addition to the defense.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.