Trade deadline Oct 5, 5:00

Started by theaardvark, October 03, 2022, 09:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Are we going to make another trade or is that it for the season?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Picking up Des Lawrence might be the final move we make this season.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on October 05, 2022, 02:03:38 PM
Are we going to make another trade or is that it for the season?

Down to the last few hours a trade can be made. We might see some more shuffling on the PR as more players released in NFL TC's start looking at CFL opportunities. Our's seem just about full but we probably see some quick looks and replacements over the next couple of weeks.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

Looks like with the recent additions to practice roster we may be mostly done

TecnoGenius

Did any other teams make interesting trades?
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 04, 2022, 06:28:00 PM
I'm curious to see if and how they use Massie if he gets on the AR. I'd put him behind Adams as next up.

Massie is shorter and heavier than any of our candidates at DE. He almost seems built more for a DT. That said no physical trait is all inclusive specifically in that regard. He may be very fast, quick and powerful coming off the edge. He just seems a little " short " to be coming off the edge IMO.

It's interesting to know that Bronson Massie is about the same size as Bryant Turner.

Ridermania

Just watched Farhan and Naylor talk about a major trade between the Elks and Bombers.

It was Kenny Lawler back to the Bombers, but his season ending injury stopped trade talks.

I guess we'll never know what Winnipeg players/draft picks were going to the Elks for Lawler.

the paw

Quote from: Ridermania on October 06, 2022, 10:00:08 PM
Just watched Farhan and Naylor talk about a major trade between the Elks and Bombers.

It was Kenny Lawler back to the Bombers, but his season ending injury stopped trade talks.

I guess we'll never know what Winnipeg players/draft picks were going to the Elks for Lawler.

That seems improbable, given the cap implications.  But if true, it probably means we won?t see Ellingson again this year.  That?s the only reason I can think of that would cause them to pursue that deal.
grab grass 'n growl

jdrattops

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 04, 2022, 01:16:59 PM
Riders are still a better team than the 4 - 10 Ti Cats.  Counting on the Ti Cats winning 2 of their 4 remaining games is iffy at best regardless of which teams they play.  Even that requires the Riders to lose out.

We'll see how that works out this weekend. The Ti Cats need to win or it's curtains.

I'll be a bit surprised if we actually make a trade. It's not something we see the Bombers do often but it's possible I suppose.

Sask is 2-8 in their last ten games, would be 1-9 if Rourke had played in BC.  They're done there, was on the sidelines for the last game and they have zero life left.  It will be a shyt kicking by the Tabbies on Friday.

jdrattops

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 05, 2022, 04:50:33 AM
Gainey is extremely toxic, the Riders let him go to F.A. for taking undisciplined penalties and the bad influence he had on teammates, so you'd think he get the message?  Yet there he was on Saturday yapping away non-stop in the grill of opponents and taking stupid selfish penalties which cost his team yards, for no good reason.  I was hoping Jones would pull him off the field and tear a strip out of him but I guess that is the behaviour he expects from Gainey.
I don't think they got the message in Sask either once Gainey was gone.  I'd give the Riders the edge over Gainey for undisciplined plays and actions this season.

jdrattops

Quote from: Ridermania on October 06, 2022, 10:00:08 PM

Sounds like Rider Forum fake news to me.

Jesse

Quote from: the paw on October 06, 2022, 10:03:13 PM
That seems improbable, given the cap implications.  But if true, it probably means we won?t see Ellingson again this year.  That?s the only reason I can think of that would cause them to pursue that deal.

Quote from: jdrattops on October 06, 2022, 10:20:40 PM
Sounds like Rider Forum fake news to me.

This was reported by Naylor.

There aren't cap concerns at this point of the season, paw. There's three more games - I'm sure we can absorb whatever Lawler had left of his game checks.
My wife is amazing!

the paw

Quote from: Jesse on October 06, 2022, 10:24:44 PM
This was reported by Naylor.

There aren't cap concerns at this point of the season, paw. There's three more games - I'm sure we can absorb whatever Lawler had left of his game checks.

I forgot Lawler was on a one year deal.  It will be interesting to see what he re-ups for next year, after the season ending injury.
grab grass 'n growl

Waffler

If Edm was getting something of value in return there is no way they would have dressed Lawler in that game. I believe none of it.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers