Trade deadline Oct 5, 5:00

Started by theaardvark, October 03, 2022, 09:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LXTSN

Quote from: LXTSN on October 04, 2022, 03:19:35 PM
I've been wrong about basically everything this year, but I'm guessing that they stay put.
We have more than a month to get healthier and I think that's what we do. If we clinch our spot this week, we don't play another meaningful game until the second weekend of November.
Well that was fast...

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 04, 2022, 04:42:55 PM
It's trigger pulling day!

3DN says they've released Kelvin McKnight.

Recently released Ti-Cat DB Desmond Lawrence is apparently being brought in as well.

Lawrence has a few games under his belt. Might be an improvement as a DI? He can play on ST's and Cooper and Hassell haven't impressed me yet.

Hmmm. Cooper has Darby's # 22. Both are shown with that # at the moment.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Norm W

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 03, 2022, 11:23:41 PM
Give me... DB Darby

****... Nailed it! Might actually be Kyle himself posting in disguise  ???
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Norm W on October 04, 2022, 05:12:17 PM
****... Nailed it! Might actually be Kyle himself posting in disguise  ???

If so, then Ceresna is on his way!  ;D

theaardvark

Surprised at the move of Wilcots, although that must mean there is another move in the works, or Jefferson is expected back, and you have to give something to get something...

Darby will fit...

What's next? 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on October 04, 2022, 06:02:43 PM
Surprised at the move of Wilcots, although that must mean there is another move in the works, or Jefferson is expected back, and you have to give something to get something...

Darby will fit...

What's next? 

Bombers have recently signed DE's Keion Adams and Bronson Massie on the PR, hopefully they both get auditions before the end of the season and they let Jeffcoat heal fully before the playoffs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 04, 2022, 06:18:30 PM
Bombers have recently signed DE's Keion Adams and Bronson Massie on the PR, hopefully they both get auditions before the end of the season and they let Jeffcoat heal fully before the playoffs.

I'm curious to see if and how they use Massie if he gets on the AR. I'd put him behind Adams as next up.

Massie is shorter and heavier than any of our candidates at DE. He almost seems built more for a DT. That said no physical trait is all inclusive specifically in that regard. He may be very fast, quick and powerful coming off the edge. He just seems a little " short " to be coming off the edge IMO.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Wow going to be so awesome to see how these new faces do.  Just gotta clinch 1st and give these guys plenty of reps and rest out vets.

theaardvark

Wish we had "Capfriendly" for the CFL where we knew the actual contract status/value for these players.

Ceresna would be a huge get for anyone.  Not sure Gainey fits with the team, but his skill set does. 

Avery Williams, Mauldin (if not injured) would be nice pickups.  Hunter or Kanneh depending on how long before we start seeing our DB's come back.

That's about all I see of interest...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

I can't see Ceresna coming here. I mean the man is a beast. 54 games, 107 tackles, 25 sacks, 5 FF. 6'5", 293, and has excellent speed.

So, what are you giving up for him???  Jeffcoat and a 1st. round pick. Because there no way we can afford, Ceresna, Jeffcoat, and Jefferson.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on October 04, 2022, 09:45:54 PM
Wish we had "Capfriendly" for the CFL where we knew the actual contract status/value for these players.

Ceresna would be a huge get for anyone.  Not sure Gainey fits with the team, but his skill set does. 

Avery Williams, Mauldin (if not injured) would be nice pickups.  Hunter or Kanneh depending on how long before we start seeing our DB's come back.

Whatever the cap hit for any new player might be it's for 3 games, tops. I'm not sure where they draw the line for who pays a salary when a player is traded mid week. Regardless at worst it's 1/6 of the salary for 2022.

Clock is ticking for all CFL teams. I wonder if any other trades will be made. Nice to contemplate some of additions suggested but we'll know in the next 24 hours or so.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

KINGCHARLES

Quote from: Pigskin on October 04, 2022, 09:49:24 PM
I can't see Ceresna coming here. I mean the man is a beast. 54 games, 107 tackles, 25 sacks, 5 FF. 6'5", 293, and has excellent speed.

So, what are you giving up for him???  Jeffcoat and a 1st. round pick. Because there no way we can afford, Ceresna, Jeffcoat, and Jefferson.
I agree that Ceresna isn?t coming here but you have to factor when a player is put on the 6 game IR that?s 6 games worth of salary that isn?t counted towards the cap.
The Bombers could probably technically ?rent? a guy like Ceresna.
The Bombers could do a ?conditional pick and beg list player?? Without giving anyone up. Then again they could also trade a depth/practice roster guy as well.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

TecnoGenius

Quote from: PurpleReign on October 04, 2022, 02:50:19 PM
Wilson will not be back. But Ellingson and Houston will be.

Wilson has been out basically the whole season... and I didn't think/see it was a season-ender, so what's ailing him?  If he doesn't come back, and we continue NAT at WILL, then we can start an extra IMP at DT and go back to the more familiar Fatboi rotation that worked so well in '19/'21.

Houston seemed to have a season-ender no-contact and I haven't heard otherwise.  What makes you think he's going to be back?

Ellingson for sure should be back, soon.  Maybe we are resting him for the playoffs since our O is already doing quite well.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Gainey is extremely toxic, the Riders let him go to F.A. for taking undisciplined penalties and the bad influence he had on teammates, so you'd think he get the message?  Yet there he was on Saturday yapping away non-stop in the grill of opponents and taking stupid selfish penalties which cost his team yards, for no good reason.  I was hoping Jones would pull him off the field and tear a strip out of him but I guess that is the behaviour he expects from Gainey.

blue_gold_84

Agreed. It would require much more accountability from the CFL when it comes to salaries and contracts, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.