Als at Elks GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, October 01, 2022, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Be nice to see Elks win one at home for there fans.

I could careless about Machoka and the Als. Not that I like Jones. :P
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Lincoln Locomotive

Would they not be eliminated from the playoffs if they lose?   
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 01, 2022, 08:48:30 PM
Would they not be eliminated from the playoffs if they lose?   
yes I think Elks out of they lose

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 01, 2022, 08:55:23 PM
yes I think Elks out of they lose
they have 4 wins.....Riders have 6
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Corny and the EEs trying there to best to lose at home yet again!

They have this one last chance to tie it up?

Nope EEs really do stink still. Haha

Being an EE fan now sure is trying.

Terrible team!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Elks had 3 chances to win that game in the 4th, moved the ball effectively but could not eliminate the bad turnovers.  They will be a contending team next season if they keep this group together.

dd

I have seen some teams self destruct over the 50 some odd years of watching the cfl, but man I have never seen anything like the turnover for the winning TD only to follow that up turning the ball over on the 2 yd line on downs and then follow that up with an interception deep in opposition territory !!! And the prize for that is they now own the record for most consecutive losses!! Talk about having awful turn of events!! Unbelievable actually

Blue In BC

Elks lost both games to the Riders. I think they have to win out their last 3 games and Riders have to lose out. Riders play Ti Cats next week before the Elks play the Bombers. It's possible the Elks could be eliminated by our game.

Both the Riders and Ti Cats will be fighting to gain or retain the 3rd spot in the East. Doesn't really look that good for Hamilton though.

I think Lawler may have separated his shoulder. Tough season for him. Too bad as one of the most exciting players in the league.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 01, 2022, 10:59:13 PM
Elks lost both games to the Riders. I think they have to win out their last 3 games and Riders have to lose out. Riders play Ti Cats next week before the Elks play the Bombers. It's possible the Elks could be eliminated by our game.

Both the Riders and Ti Cats will be fighting to gain or retain the 3rd spot in the East. Doesn't really look that good for Hamilton though.

I think Lawler may have separated his shoulder. Tough season for him. Too bad as one of the most exciting players in the league.

Would not be surprised he has a fractured collar bone on an impact on of that nature. The shoulder pads can only do so much.

The Zipp

Elks, redblacks are the sad sack teams of 2022...now we need to add the riders to that list of "next year" teams. 

Good riddance to them...see you next year, better luck next year

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 01, 2022, 10:59:13 PM

Correction the Elks beat the Riders last week, causing Rider Nation to implode with grief.  I think the Elks are now officially eliminated but not interested enough to verify. :-)

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 01, 2022, 11:17:02 PM
Correction the Elks beat the Riders last week, causing Rider Nation to implode with grief.  I think the Elks are now officially eliminated but not interested enough to verify. :-)

You are right, they did win the 3rd game. I only looked at the 2 previous losses and forgot they played another game. However, the Riders do have the season series.

I think I was correct that the Elks have to now win out while the Riders have to lose out. Elks need to end up with 7 wins to overtake the 6 win Riders.

Bombers will need to be careful of the Elks this week. A very desperate team will pull out all stops. The good news is that they are still mistake prone and more likely to self destruct.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Jones just blew his as on Cornelius...   who looked terrible for most of the last game...  I think they may end up having to look around again in the offseason and make a decision before he gets the roster bonus...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on October 02, 2022, 02:01:21 PM
Jones just blew his as on Cornelius...   who looked terrible for most of the last game...  I think they may end up having to look around again in the offseason and make a decision before he gets the roster bonus...
the commitment to a or y made little sense to me. He might be a MBT best case scenario and that is really not very good either.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on October 02, 2022, 02:01:21 PM

I disagree with your perception, I like Corny a lot and would gladly swap all of the Bombers backup QB's + a few extra non-essential pieces to get my hands on him.  Considering the team he's playing on, he looks like an emerging starter should, high skill level, great mobility and an improving ability to choose his targets wisely.

Can't blame him for the loss to the Als, he moved the ball the length of the field 3 times in the final Q and gave them every opportunity to win that game.  Questionable play calling, a little bad luck and a clumsy receiver squandered each drive, none of which can be blamed exclusively on his play.