Started by ModAdmin, October 01, 2022, 06:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Quote from: Pigskin on October 03, 2022, 05:49:18 PM
Was he HC and OC, when he was here.

Paul Lapolice - Bomber head coach 2010 - 2012
Jamie Barresi - Bomber Offensive Coordinator 2010 - 2011
Gary Crowton - Bomber Offensive Coordinator - 2012
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 03, 2022, 05:14:25 PM
Nah. Jones was still in Montreal when the season started, anyway.

LaPolice is just not head coach material. His record with two different teams is evidence enough of that.

He could have hired Jones when the Als dumped him, I believe he was available for a few weeks before the Ti-Cats picked him up.  Not sure Khari will get any HC offers either, his overall coaching record is not that good.

BlueInCgy

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 03, 2022, 06:12:14 PM
He could have hired Jones when the Als dumped him, I believe he was available for a few weeks before the Ti-Cats picked him up.  Not sure Khari will get any HC offers either, his overall coaching record is not that good.

But why would Khari have taken the gig?  His salary is guaranteed for the year, I'd he takes another contract he also takes a paycut.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 03, 2022, 06:03:38 PM
Paul Lapolice - Bomber head coach 2010 - 2012
Jamie Barresi - Bomber Offensive Coordinator 2010 - 2011
Gary Crowton - Bomber Offensive Coordinator - 2012
Lol Crowton. All I remember was terrible offence scheme from him.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: BlueInCgy on October 03, 2022, 06:39:49 PM
But why would Khari have taken the gig?  His salary is guaranteed for the year, I'd he takes another contract he also takes a paycut.

He took the Ti-Cat job, so I didn't see the difference until I found he was hired as an "operations consultant", which looks like obvious chicanery to avoid exceeding the coaching cap.

https://ticats.ca/coaches/

I had no idea Ed Hervey was their Asst. G.M. & Senior Advisor to the President of Football Operations.

DM83

Yeah, so good for Hamilton. The experience could actually further help in Khari's knowledge.  He is too arrogant to hire a OC.  He thinks he is still the QB out there  instead of the Head Honcho.  He has promise, just has growing pains.

I thought those Montreal management cut him with no justification.  A poor team he was turning around, a truckload of QBs, covid, and  a slow but not unusual this year for many teams.  Khari was doing OK, I thought.   disrespect Montreal management and owners for f firing him, and  now they are quitting.  Bunch of *-*****.

I am pulling for Khari to re-surface.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 03, 2022, 05:14:25 PM
Nah. Jones was still in Montreal when the season started, anyway.

LaPolice is just not head coach material. His record with two different teams is evidence enough of that.

When Khari got fired, Lapo was already in trouble, and had he hired Khari then...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: theaardvark on October 03, 2022, 08:27:48 PM
When Khari got fired, Lapo was already in trouble, and had he hired Khari then...
The problem with LAPO is his tendency to micromanage....unlike MOS who lets everyone do the job they're paid to do.
Bomber fan for life

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on October 03, 2022, 08:27:48 PM

Adding Khari to the coaching staff wouldn't have solved the roster issues with the team.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 03, 2022, 08:43:16 PM
The problem with LAPO is his tendency to micromanage....unlike MOS who lets everyone do the job they're paid to do.

And he watches for the little things.. like no yards off a helmet... what HC's are supposed to do...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: theaardvark on October 03, 2022, 09:53:30 PM

And he watches for the little things.. like no yards off a helmet... what HC's are supposed to do...
yeah...that was a gutsy call and really flipped the field for us and it was at a time when the Riders were still in the game.
Bomber fan for life

bomb squad

-
Quote from: TBURGESS on October 02, 2022, 07:21:07 PM
I think MOS is the only rookie CFL HC to get a 3rd year after missing the playoffs for his first two years. Maybe stats junkie can find me another.

I got one. Danny Barrett. Missed playoffs first two years. The Roughriders stuck with him for 7 years. They never even got to the Grey Cup. Ouch.

Make that two. Joe Zaleski, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, 1967-1969. A record of 10-37-1. Ouch again.

TBURGESS

Quote from: bomb squad on October 04, 2022, 05:00:56 AM
-
I got one. Danny Barrett. Missed playoffs first two years. The Roughriders stuck with him for 7 years. They never even got to the Grey Cup. Ouch.

Make that two. Joe Zaleski, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, 1967-1969. A record of 10-37-1. Ouch again.
Thanks.

Kinda proves that you don't gotta keep a guy for 3 years if they don't make the playoffs in the first 2 & that most teams won't keep a HC who doesn't make the playoffs for 2 years.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 04, 2022, 03:31:49 PM
Thanks.

Kinda proves that you don't gotta keep a guy for 3 years if they don't make the playoffs in the first 2 & that most teams won't keep a HC who doesn't make the playoffs for 2 years.

Most teams in the CFL are not well run, think about that for a minute.

Norm W

How about I got no contract MOS to Ottawa and Lapo returns to work with Buck as the OC  :o :o :o
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)