Official Game Day Thread - Saskatchewan at Winnipeg September 30, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 29, 2022, 05:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rdand1.5

Trade deadline is still a few days away, maybe there is some defensive help out there....the bad is Sask, Hammy are battling for the final East playoff spot so neither team will be willing to give anything up. Ott. and Edm. would at this time seem like the only logical trade partner. Maybe CJ is looking to start stock-piling draft picks for his rebuild??

Long-shot is BC's depth along the D-line, they have amazing depth, maybe someone shakes loose....

GOLDMEMBER

OL had a great game. Nice job creating holes for the RBs, whom it was.

Zach had time to let those WRs run those deep routes. Gotta give credit to the BIG men!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Trade deadline is this Wednesday. I'm not expecting a trade but you never know. I can think of a couple of Redblacks I'd like to see in Winnipeg. OTOH what would we give up and why would Lapo trade away a player that might be important in 2023 if he's still there?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 01, 2022, 06:25:11 PM
Trade deadline is this Wednesday. I'm not expecting a trade but you never know. I can think of a couple of Redblacks I'd like to see in Winnipeg. OTOH what would we give up and why would Lapo trade away a player that might be important in 2023 if he's still there?
who?

M.O.A.B.

LB Avery Williams would be a good get since we need help in LB right now.

Are DT Davon Coleman or Cleyon Laing are good run stoppers ?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 01, 2022, 06:54:37 PM
LB Avery Williams would be a good get since we need help in LB right now.

Are DT Davon Coleman or Cleyon Laing are good run stoppers ?
agreed those are quality Defensive players.

GOLDMEMBER

I really like Dave Naylor on the panel. Brings great energy and game insight. Him and Milt nailed there half time monologs.

Blue In BC

Redblacks fired Lapo so all bets on nothing happening with their roster is off. Anything is possible at this point I suppose. Re-build time means not much is off the table. They probably will be activating some players off their PR to evaluate in real game time.

A few players have been with the team for a few years and might be in their option year. Williams, Kaneh and Mauldin might be players they don't expect back in 2023.  However, if that is true their trade value is not much. Clearing a bit of SMS might be of interest to the Redblacks though.

Walters should at least make a call and see what direction they plan. A neg list or later draft pick is something we could give up.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 01, 2022, 07:54:20 PM
Redblacks fired Lapo so all bets on nothing happening with their roster is off. Anything is possible at this point I suppose. Re-build time means not much is off the table. They probably will be activating some players off their PR to evaluate in real game time.

A few players have been with the team for a few years and might be in their option year. Williams, Kaneh and Mauldin might be players they don't expect back in 2023.  However, if that is true their trade value is not much. Clearing a bit of SMS might be of interest to the Redblacks though.

Walters should at least make a call and see what direction they plan. A neg list or later draft pick is something we could give up.

Agreed Burke may be ready to make some deals to show he's already working on the "next year plan", this could mean dumping some of LaPo's pet projects or getting rid of players he knows will not resign in F.A. in exchange for some younger projects or draft swaps.  Older vets would be the most likely victims and probably the players the Bombers could use the most heading into the playoffs.  Nick Hallett, Thompson or one of the young Natl. DB's are potential players the Bombers could move.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 02, 2022, 10:39:16 PM
Agreed Burke may be ready to make some deals to show he's already working on the "next year plan", this could mean dumping some of LaPo's pet projects or getting rid of players he knows will not resign in F.A. in exchange for some younger projects or draft swaps.  Older vets would be the most likely victims and probably the players the Bombers could use the most heading into the playoffs.  Nick Hallett, Thompson or one of the young Natl. DB's are potential players the Bombers could move.

I wouldn't trade Nick Hallett though.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Ceresna would look good here. Imagine a starting DL of Jefferson-Ceresna-Sayles-Jeffcoat.

GOLDMEMBER

DM83

Never say neverWho imagined Zac being made available to us.
There are a few DB out there and I suspect some guys would like a  chance at a playoff.
I was thinking Speedy Banks.  Didn?t him and Zac play together in Hamilton? I didn?t think he was starting in Toronto, and he certainly made some big catches.  Not a need , but surely a huge boost

ModAdmin

Quote from: DM83 on October 03, 2022, 02:38:29 AM
Never say neverWho imagined Zac being made available to us.
There are a few DB out there and I suspect some guys would like a  chance at a playoff.
I was thinking Speedy Banks.  Didn?t him and Zac play together in Hamilton? I didn?t think he was starting in Toronto, and he certainly made some big catches.  Not a need , but surely a huge boost

No to Speedy.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.