Official Game Day Thread - Saskatchewan at Winnipeg September 30, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 29, 2022, 05:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 01, 2022, 02:46:51 AM
Ugly third quarter but the Bombers put on a clinic in the final frame.

Big win.

Very ugly. O was terrible, D had no answers. Lucky Cody fumbles that ball. The Walker stuff, on K Laf. seemed to be the turning point.

BA37 injured on the Int. Looked to be fine at the end of the game. What was 31 and 45 thinking at the end of the game. We are already limited on DB's.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Was watching Woli82 on the sidelines. He was moving well. Mr. Wilson was also moving around pretty good. Couldn't get eyes on Hansen.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue72 on October 01, 2022, 02:39:04 AM
Why does Oliveira always have to make a big deal whenever he gets a good run, Give the ball back to the ref and get back into the huddle
Because he is dominate and when he does that he gets going just like Harris.

It's kinda like saying why is he so good?

Lincoln Locomotive

Why does Oliveira always have to make a big deal whenever he gets a good run, Give the ball back to the ref and get back into the huddle
Perhaps he's channeling Andrew Harris who did this on quite a few occasions and it really fired up the team and the FANS...including AC himself!!  
A Tremendous asset for any team to have.....a player who is fired up and fires everyone else up after making brilliant plays! Incidentally Brady  leads the league in rushing with a yard on KaDeem....not bad for a Winnipeg's  born and raised kid who was living in the shadow of AH early in the season....however he is slowly forging a reputation as a gamer since his first 3 games!
Bomber fan for life

Pete

Sask defence scheme seems really flawed. Too many times our slotbacks are being covered downfield by a linebacker. Zac and Buck were looking for it

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Pete on October 01, 2022, 02:27:51 PM
Sask defence scheme seems really flawed. Too many times our slotbacks are being covered downfield by a linebacker. Zac and Buck were looking for it
as good as those LBs are they are no match for the abilities of Schoen and Demski to get open....who incidentally scored 3 TDs and accumulated over 200 yards of offence between them.    All the TDs were brilliant throws....and the first one to 'Sheed was epic!   
We have a QB who makes those throws and an OC that used to be a gunslinger himself, in Buck!   I'd say it was a match made in Heaven! 
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

would rather him have no energy? To have issue with this is ridiculous!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 01, 2022, 03:42:20 PM
would rather him have no energy? To have issue with this is ridiculous!
Agreed....he has turned out to be a pleasant surprise on O this year.....along with Schoen and McCrae.....

Bomber fan for life

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

bludan

I would say he's emulating Harris, who often did the same. Considering he's played more like Harris in the second half of the season, fighting and twisting for a few extra yards, I have no problem with this and if that's what he needs to get going, we should encourage it. He's looked exponentially better the last while.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: bludan on October 01, 2022, 04:09:51 PM
I would say he's emulating Harris, who often did the same. Considering he's played more like Harris in the second half of the season, fighting and twisting for a few extra yards, I have no problem with this and if that's what he needs to get going, we should encourage it. He's looked exponentially better the last while.
A rising star

pjrocksmb

Anyone notice how Kramdi played.  I seen him out there after we had an injury at LB but I didn't noticed much.  Perhaps that's a good sign?

bomb squad

Quote from: dd on October 01, 2022, 01:19:19 AM
so what?? If the ball is in the air and the receiving team touches the ball and there?s a restraining zone foul, it?s 15 yds.

Section 4, Article 10 d:

if the ball is deflected and an offside kicking team player is within 5 yards but does not interfere with an opponent attempting to gain possession of the kicked ball:
PENALTY - in field of play - L 5 from PBT or PBD
- in goal area - L 5, applied at 10-yard line or PBD

The Zipp

Quote from: pjrocksmb on October 01, 2022, 04:15:27 PM
Anyone notice how Kramdi played.  I seen him out there after we had an injury at LB but I didn't noticed much.  Perhaps that's a good sign?

Played like a special teamer being on defence. If he is starting when we are playing Calgary or bc in the playoffs our grey cup streak may end.

Hope Rutledge isn't out long.

Blue In BC

It's been a very bad year for injuries particularly on defence: Wilson, Houston, Taylor as long term issues. Alexander just back for the last two games.

Every game we seem to lose a couple of players for at least part of the game. Whether Rutledge or Thompson will be able to play next week is not certain at the moment. We can recover from losing Thompson IMO but losing Rutledge would hurt significantly.

Potentially that could mean 5 starters on defence out depending on status of Rutledge and Jeffcoat.

OTOH Alexander is getting back into the groove. Parker and Holm are improving as they get game reps.

Another nervous week waiting to see who we're getting back or losing for our next game.

Not panicking but injuries are part of the game and this has been a difficult season for us.

2019 Grey Cup Champions