Official Game Day Thread - Saskatchewan at Winnipeg September 30, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 29, 2022, 05:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on September 30, 2022, 12:26:09 AM
I have a tremendous amount of gratitude for shayne Gauthier and the work he has done on special teams (we may not have made it to the cup without him).  He just isn't a starting LB IMO...decent rotational guy getting 5-8 or so snaps a half is fine...this coupled with a weaker than past DL and I worry about our effectiveness. Dane evans shredded this defence and if Faj does the same I will be legit worried and question the whole "next man up"

Prove me wrong MOS...
^I like it I like it
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

I have a tremendous amount of gratitude for shayne Gauthier and the work he has done on special teams (we may not have made it to the cup without him).  He just isn't a starting LB IMO...decent rotational guy getting 5-8 or so snaps a half is fine...this coupled with a weaker than past DL and I worry about our effectiveness. Dane evans shredded this defence and if Faj does the same I will be legit worried and question the whole "next man up"

Prove me wrong MOS...
We have been good on D all year and then got lit up

It's not an MOS issue to solve, its up to Hall

I expect a strong game from our D and Gauthier isn't as bad as you suggest but yes not a full time starter.

DL will improve when healthy and I expect a decent game tomorrow.

TecnoGenius

I have a tremendous amount of gratitude for shayne Gauthier and the work he has done on special teams (we may not have made it to the cup without him).  He just isn't a starting LB IMO...decent rotational guy getting 5-8 or so snaps a half is fine..

Gauthier is darn good for a NAT LB "STer".  The fact we continue to start him over Briggs speaks to how well he's been playing.

And don't blame every weak side run or short pass breakdown on Gauthier in the last game... most snaps Biggie was lining up at WILL and Gauthier at MIKE.  We may do that again this game, which is funny given how we positioned them on the depth chart... although, since that alignment stunk vs HAM, maybe they abandon it vs SSK.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 30, 2022, 01:38:44 AM
Gauthier is darn good for a NAT LB "STer".  The fact we continue to start him over Briggs speaks to how well he's been playing.

And don't blame every weak side run or short pass breakdown on Gauthier in the last game... most snaps Biggie was lining up at WILL and Gauthier at MIKE.  We may do that again this game, which is funny given how we positioned them on the depth chart... although, since that alignment stunk vs HAM, maybe they abandon it vs SSK.

Darn rights man

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: LXTSN on September 29, 2022, 05:16:32 PM

Suprised to see Couture still playing back up, but BlueinBC called it! I think we will still see lots of Couture at TE as the extra blocker, so we will be fine. That seems to be the one position that we are not dealing with injuries!

Not sure which arm Couture broke but could be he is having trouble snapping the ball accurately with it, thus he's not really backing up Kona.  Has anyone actually seen him play Center in the last 2 games?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 30, 2022, 02:03:27 AM
Not sure which arm Couture broke but could be he is having trouble snapping the ball accurately with it, thus he's not really backing up Kona.  Has anyone actually seen him play Center in the last 2 games?

I have not.  It's been Ko-man at C and sometimes Couture at TE.  I've been trying to spot Dobson at TE but didn't see him.  Always seemed to be Couture.

Either:
a) we don't want to upset the current sorta-working apple-cart OL
b) Ko-man is better than Couture
c) easing Couture back into starting
or
d) Couture still isn't 100%

Take your pick.  Maybe it's a bit of all of the above?  Not sure about (b) though.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

You look at the TSN website you would NOT even know the Riders are playing the Bombers tonight. What a joke TSN is and has become.

LXTSN

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 30, 2022, 03:43:11 AM
I have not.  It's been Ko-man at C and sometimes Couture at TE.  I've been trying to spot Dobson at TE but didn't see him.  Always seemed to be Couture.

Either:
or

Take your pick.  Maybe it's a bit of all of the above?  Not sure about (b) though.

I'd add one option
e) MOS is playing the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" card

Ko-man hasn't really been a problem for us, and has filled in nicely.

Also, I've seen all 7 of the OL including Dobson on, but only on a couple short yardage plays. You don't really have lots of options when you run that.
However, I'd love to see a little trick play and throw the ball to Couture on a goalline play action play!

GOLDMEMBER

Either:
or

I vote c)

Blue In BC

Either:
or

This game is only Couture's 2nd game back. He played against Hamilton but did not play the previous game which was against the Riders.

I think he's just being eased back into his normal role and may still have difficulty with snaps due to his injury. While that may not prevent him from playing another position on the OL if required, center might be more of an issue at the moment.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 30, 2022, 01:50:16 PM
You look at the TSN website you would NOT even know the Riders are playing the Bombers tonight. What a joke TSN is and has become.

Agreed....I simply don't watch them any longer and have removed their app from my devices.   CBC sports, once had great CFL coverage however they are pathetic now after all the cuts made to their
Programming
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

bwiser