Official Game Day Thread - Saskatchewan at Winnipeg September 30, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 29, 2022, 05:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

The big question - How will the Blue Bombers respond following a bad loss and a week off?  Saskatchewan is fighting for the best playoff opportunity and will be a challenge even at IG Field.  Plus the Bombers are still nursing injuries to some key players, notably, Ellingson, Bryant, Houston, Jeffcoat, Hansen, Wilson, Wolitarsky to name a few.

It will not be easy and it will take a full team, focused effort to win.  Demski says the Riders are a good but....that the Bombers have a great game plan for them.

The 48 Hour Primer for the game is here https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/09/28/48-hour-primer-ssk-vs-wpg-3/

Blue Bomber Depth Chart...

https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1575485549162504192/photo/1

In:  #93 Wilcots II
Out: #94 Jeffcoat

Roughrider Depth Chart...

https://twitter.com/sskroughriders/status/1575534422027542528

Hopefully a near full house loud and proud.  Let's get it on Bombers!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

LXTSN

This has to be the game where we see some action from Cooper. Put pressure on Cody and play a little tighter with Holm and Parker

Suprised to see Couture still playing back up, but BlueinBC called it! I think we will still see lots of Couture at TE as the extra blocker, so we will be fine. That seems to be the one position that we are not dealing with injuries!

Offence has been playing great, let's keep it rolling. Need something tomorrow from Olivera!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: LXTSN on September 29, 2022, 05:16:32 PM
This has to be the game where we see some action from Cooper. Put pressure on Cody and play a little tighter with Holm and Parker

Suprised to see Couture still playing back up, but BlueinBC called it! I think we will still see lots of Couture at TE as the extra blocker, so we will be fine. That seems to be the one position that we are not dealing with injuries!

Offence has been playing great, let's keep it rolling. Need something tomorrow from Olivera!
indeed Defence needs to rise up!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Still no Clements? More and more I'm wondering if they just feel Gauthier is the better option than him, Cole or Cooper??????????????

I don't know what they plan for Cooper but I hope he gets some action on defence. Listed at DE but IMO he could be used as a LB in a 34 defence, a speed guy off the edge potentially. In the 48 hour primer they showed him covering R. Bailey as a DB?

Depending on how the game is going, if there is an opportunity for some back ups to show what they can do, they should get some reps.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 29, 2022, 06:50:04 PM
Still no Clements? More and more I'm wondering if they just feel Gauthier is the better option than him, Cole or Cooper??????????????

I don't know what they plan for Cooper but I hope he gets some action on defence. Listed at DE but IMO he could be used as a LB in a 34 defence, a speed guy off the edge potentially. In the 48 hour primer they showed him covering R. Bailey as a DB?

Depending on how the game is going, if there is an opportunity for some back ups to show what they can do, they should get some reps.

Both Gauthier and Briggs have been good when given the chance to start.

DM83

HOMERS!

You dont think we have a serious problem stopping the run. and then on the other had,...covering the pass ain't so good.  Hopefully we outscore them.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: DM83 on September 29, 2022, 07:22:00 PM
HOMERS!

You dont think we have a serious problem stopping the run. and then on the other had,...covering the pass ain't so good.  Hopefully we outscore them.
that's my take as well....score more than they do....a point will do it
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

Yes, Wilcots in for JJ. Wilcots with 2 tackles in 9 games?? Sad, that's the best we have.

Cooper as our backup DE, to small at 224lb. to be effective at DE. Agree are we going to a 34 D, in some situation. 

Same DB's was expecting that as Richie believed it's more about communication with the DB's last game.

Gauthier still in at will??? Is this the best we have? Are we not bringing in anyone because Wilson will be back soon?

Beating a team 3 times in a row is tough thing to do. The Bombers are going to have their hands full if our front can't get pressure on Cody.

Not expecting much of a run game from the Riders. LaFrance starting, with Alford backing him up.

Agree, might have to outscore them 50-48 to win this one.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on September 29, 2022, 07:22:00 PM

Quote from: Pigskin on September 29, 2022, 08:30:53 PM
Not expecting much of a run game from the Riders. LaFrance starting, with Alford backing him up.

Yup, their brand new IMP RB signing is either not ready or his groin thing was for real.  I don't expect much of a run game from SSK.  Well, not up the gut, anyhow.  They will surprise from time to time as we relax the run D, so LaFrance should get 50-60y, but that won't be how they are going to try to win.

Dickenson The Lesser has been saying in his pressers that he likes the KSB sweeps and other WR-as-rusher looks Maas has introduced.  So I would expect they use that option quite often.  If SSK can't get any run game going, they are toast, no matter how bad our field side secondary is.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on September 29, 2022, 08:30:53 PM
Yes, Wilcots in for JJ. Wilcots with 2 tackles in 9 games?? Sad, that's the best we have.

Cooper as our backup DE, to small at 224lb. to be effective at DE. Agree are we going to a 34 D, in some situation. 

Same DB's was expecting that as Richie believed it's more about communication with the DB's last game.

Gauthier still in at will??? Is this the best we have? Are we not bringing in anyone because Wilson will be back soon?

Beating a team 3 times in a row is tough thing to do. The Bombers are going to have their hands full if our front can't get pressure on Cody.

Agree, might have to outscore them 50-48 to win this one.

Well if we win easily then all is good. Count me as concerned with some of the roster choices and depth questions ( on going ). O'Shea is all rah rah about next man up. If the defence plays like last game there will be questions on Saturday.

Everybody sounds good on paper. Show me on the field please. I don't need another nail biter. Start fast and lead from start to finish.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

I have a tremendous amount of gratitude for shayne Gauthier and the work he has done on special teams (we may not have made it to the cup without him).  He just isn't a starting LB IMO...decent rotational guy getting 5-8 or so snaps a half is fine...this coupled with a weaker than past DL and I worry about our effectiveness. Dane evans shredded this defence and if Faj does the same I will be legit worried and question the whole "next man up"

Prove me wrong MOS...

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!