Official Game Day Thread - Saskatchewan at Winnipeg September 30, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 29, 2022, 05:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

The big question - How will the Blue Bombers respond following a bad loss and a week off?  Saskatchewan is fighting for the best playoff opportunity and will be a challenge even at IG Field.  Plus the Bombers are still nursing injuries to some key players, notably, Ellingson, Bryant, Houston, Jeffcoat, Hansen, Wilson, Wolitarsky to name a few.

It will not be easy and it will take a full team, focused effort to win.  Demski says the Riders are a good but....that the Bombers have a great game plan for them.

The 48 Hour Primer for the game is here https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/09/28/48-hour-primer-ssk-vs-wpg-3/

Blue Bomber Depth Chart...

https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1575485549162504192/photo/1

In:  #93 Wilcots II
Out: #94 Jeffcoat

Roughrider Depth Chart...

https://twitter.com/sskroughriders/status/1575534422027542528

Hopefully a near full house loud and proud.  Let's get it on Bombers!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

LXTSN

This has to be the game where we see some action from Cooper. Put pressure on Cody and play a little tighter with Holm and Parker

Suprised to see Couture still playing back up, but BlueinBC called it! I think we will still see lots of Couture at TE as the extra blocker, so we will be fine. That seems to be the one position that we are not dealing with injuries!

Offence has been playing great, let's keep it rolling. Need something tomorrow from Olivera!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: LXTSN on September 29, 2022, 05:16:32 PM
This has to be the game where we see some action from Cooper. Put pressure on Cody and play a little tighter with Holm and Parker

Suprised to see Couture still playing back up, but BlueinBC called it! I think we will still see lots of Couture at TE as the extra blocker, so we will be fine. That seems to be the one position that we are not dealing with injuries!

Offence has been playing great, let's keep it rolling. Need something tomorrow from Olivera!
indeed Defence needs to rise up!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Still no Clements? More and more I'm wondering if they just feel Gauthier is the better option than him, Cole or Cooper??????????????

I don't know what they plan for Cooper but I hope he gets some action on defence. Listed at DE but IMO he could be used as a LB in a 34 defence, a speed guy off the edge potentially. In the 48 hour primer they showed him covering R. Bailey as a DB?

Depending on how the game is going, if there is an opportunity for some back ups to show what they can do, they should get some reps.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 29, 2022, 06:50:04 PM
Still no Clements? More and more I'm wondering if they just feel Gauthier is the better option than him, Cole or Cooper??????????????

I don't know what they plan for Cooper but I hope he gets some action on defence. Listed at DE but IMO he could be used as a LB in a 34 defence, a speed guy off the edge potentially. In the 48 hour primer they showed him covering R. Bailey as a DB?

Depending on how the game is going, if there is an opportunity for some back ups to show what they can do, they should get some reps.

Both Gauthier and Briggs have been good when given the chance to start.

DM83

HOMERS!

You dont think we have a serious problem stopping the run. and then on the other had,...covering the pass ain't so good.  Hopefully we outscore them.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: DM83 on September 29, 2022, 07:22:00 PM
HOMERS!

You dont think we have a serious problem stopping the run. and then on the other had,...covering the pass ain't so good.  Hopefully we outscore them.
that's my take as well....score more than they do....a point will do it
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

Yes, Wilcots in for JJ. Wilcots with 2 tackles in 9 games?? Sad, that's the best we have.

Cooper as our backup DE, to small at 224lb. to be effective at DE. Agree are we going to a 34 D, in some situation. 

Same DB's was expecting that as Richie believed it's more about communication with the DB's last game.

Gauthier still in at will??? Is this the best we have? Are we not bringing in anyone because Wilson will be back soon?

Beating a team 3 times in a row is tough thing to do. The Bombers are going to have their hands full if our front can't get pressure on Cody.

Not expecting much of a run game from the Riders. LaFrance starting, with Alford backing him up.

Agree, might have to outscore them 50-48 to win this one.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on September 29, 2022, 07:22:00 PM

Quote from: Pigskin on September 29, 2022, 08:30:53 PM
Not expecting much of a run game from the Riders. LaFrance starting, with Alford backing him up.

Yup, their brand new IMP RB signing is either not ready or his groin thing was for real.  I don't expect much of a run game from SSK.  Well, not up the gut, anyhow.  They will surprise from time to time as we relax the run D, so LaFrance should get 50-60y, but that won't be how they are going to try to win.

Dickenson The Lesser has been saying in his pressers that he likes the KSB sweeps and other WR-as-rusher looks Maas has introduced.  So I would expect they use that option quite often.  If SSK can't get any run game going, they are toast, no matter how bad our field side secondary is.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on September 29, 2022, 08:30:53 PM
Yes, Wilcots in for JJ. Wilcots with 2 tackles in 9 games?? Sad, that's the best we have.

Cooper as our backup DE, to small at 224lb. to be effective at DE. Agree are we going to a 34 D, in some situation. 

Same DB's was expecting that as Richie believed it's more about communication with the DB's last game.

Gauthier still in at will??? Is this the best we have? Are we not bringing in anyone because Wilson will be back soon?

Beating a team 3 times in a row is tough thing to do. The Bombers are going to have their hands full if our front can't get pressure on Cody.

Agree, might have to outscore them 50-48 to win this one.

Well if we win easily then all is good. Count me as concerned with some of the roster choices and depth questions ( on going ). O'Shea is all rah rah about next man up. If the defence plays like last game there will be questions on Saturday.

Everybody sounds good on paper. Show me on the field please. I don't need another nail biter. Start fast and lead from start to finish.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

The Zipp

I have a tremendous amount of gratitude for shayne Gauthier and the work he has done on special teams (we may not have made it to the cup without him).  He just isn't a starting LB IMO...decent rotational guy getting 5-8 or so snaps a half is fine...this coupled with a weaker than past DL and I worry about our effectiveness. Dane evans shredded this defence and if Faj does the same I will be legit worried and question the whole "next man up"

Prove me wrong MOS...

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on September 30, 2022, 12:26:09 AM
I have a tremendous amount of gratitude for shayne Gauthier and the work he has done on special teams (we may not have made it to the cup without him).  He just isn't a starting LB IMO...decent rotational guy getting 5-8 or so snaps a half is fine...this coupled with a weaker than past DL and I worry about our effectiveness. Dane evans shredded this defence and if Faj does the same I will be legit worried and question the whole "next man up"

Prove me wrong MOS...
^I like it I like it

pjrocksmb

Prove me wrong MOS...
We have been good on D all year and then got lit up

It's not an MOS issue to solve, its up to Hall

I expect a strong game from our D and Gauthier isn't as bad as you suggest but yes not a full time starter.

DL will improve when healthy and I expect a decent game tomorrow.

TecnoGenius

I have a tremendous amount of gratitude for shayne Gauthier and the work he has done on special teams (we may not have made it to the cup without him).  He just isn't a starting LB IMO...decent rotational guy getting 5-8 or so snaps a half is fine..

Gauthier is darn good for a NAT LB "STer".  The fact we continue to start him over Briggs speaks to how well he's been playing.

And don't blame every weak side run or short pass breakdown on Gauthier in the last game... most snaps Biggie was lining up at WILL and Gauthier at MIKE.  We may do that again this game, which is funny given how we positioned them on the depth chart... although, since that alignment stunk vs HAM, maybe they abandon it vs SSK.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 30, 2022, 01:38:44 AM
Gauthier is darn good for a NAT LB "STer".  The fact we continue to start him over Briggs speaks to how well he's been playing.

And don't blame every weak side run or short pass breakdown on Gauthier in the last game... most snaps Biggie was lining up at WILL and Gauthier at MIKE.  We may do that again this game, which is funny given how we positioned them on the depth chart... although, since that alignment stunk vs HAM, maybe they abandon it vs SSK.

Darn rights man

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: LXTSN on September 29, 2022, 05:16:32 PM

Not sure which arm Couture broke but could be he is having trouble snapping the ball accurately with it, thus he's not really backing up Kona.  Has anyone actually seen him play Center in the last 2 games?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 30, 2022, 02:03:27 AM
Not sure which arm Couture broke but could be he is having trouble snapping the ball accurately with it, thus he's not really backing up Kona.  Has anyone actually seen him play Center in the last 2 games?

I have not.  It's been Ko-man at C and sometimes Couture at TE.  I've been trying to spot Dobson at TE but didn't see him.  Always seemed to be Couture.

Either:
a) we don't want to upset the current sorta-working apple-cart OL
b) Ko-man is better than Couture
c) easing Couture back into starting
or
d) Couture still isn't 100%

Take your pick.  Maybe it's a bit of all of the above?  Not sure about (b) though.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

You look at the TSN website you would NOT even know the Riders are playing the Bombers tonight. What a joke TSN is and has become.

LXTSN

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 30, 2022, 03:43:11 AM
I have not.  It's been Ko-man at C and sometimes Couture at TE.  I've been trying to spot Dobson at TE but didn't see him.  Always seemed to be Couture.

Either:
or

Take your pick.  Maybe it's a bit of all of the above?  Not sure about (b) though.

I'd add one option
e) MOS is playing the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" card

Ko-man hasn't really been a problem for us, and has filled in nicely.

Also, I've seen all 7 of the OL including Dobson on, but only on a couple short yardage plays. You don't really have lots of options when you run that.
However, I'd love to see a little trick play and throw the ball to Couture on a goalline play action play!

GOLDMEMBER

Either:
or

I vote c)

Blue In BC

Either:
or

This game is only Couture's 2nd game back. He played against Hamilton but did not play the previous game which was against the Riders.

I think he's just being eased back into his normal role and may still have difficulty with snaps due to his injury. While that may not prevent him from playing another position on the OL if required, center might be more of an issue at the moment.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 30, 2022, 01:50:16 PM
You look at the TSN website you would NOT even know the Riders are playing the Bombers tonight. What a joke TSN is and has become.

Agreed....I simply don't watch them any longer and have removed their app from my devices.   CBC sports, once had great CFL coverage however they are pathetic now after all the cuts made to their
Programming
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

bwiser

Sec223

Quote from: bwiser on September 30, 2022, 07:24:44 PM
I just checked ticketmaster. There are 68 tickets left.

Oh God you sound like my wife. How many now ? lol

GOLDMEMBER

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bwiser on September 30, 2022, 07:24:44 PM
I just checked ticketmaster. There are 68 tickets left.

This will probably be the best year for WFC in tickets and revenue in decades.  I can't remember IGF ever being this full for so many games!  And the old barn didn't hold as many, no?

Just in time for Ambrosie to "equality payment" the surplus to all the loser teams  ;) :D :D :D

See y'all at the game!  Heading out now.
Never go full Rider!

bwiser

The Zipp

Game starts in 5 minutes and the stands are kinda empty.  Wonder if people think it starts at 730?

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on September 30, 2022, 11:56:09 PM
Game starts in 5 minutes and the stands are kinda empty.  Wonder if people think it starts at 730?

Same as always. 10k on the concourse.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

dd

Why was the no yards penalty only 5 yds even though the foul occurred when the ball was in the air?.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on October 01, 2022, 12:57:47 AM
Why was the no yards penalty only 5 yds even though the foul occurred when the ball was in the air?.

Refs are pretty clueless tonight. So many bad calls.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: dd on October 01, 2022, 12:57:47 AM
Went off bombers head

Tee42

ichabod_crane

Prove me wrong MOS...

Yes that across the field tackle on that fake out return by Sask was amazing in the 2019 western final in Regina.

dd

Quote from: pjrocksmb on October 01, 2022, 01:03:40 AM
Went off bombers head
so what?? If the ball is in the air and the receiving team touches the ball and there?s a restraining zone foul, it?s 15 yds.

Blue In BC

A few odd mistakes. Alexander bumps a ref unintentionally for a 10 yard penalty.

Interesting no yards on the bounce of Hassell's helmet went our way.

Anyway.

I'm really liking O'Leary-Orange and his development as a receiver.

Parker makes a big play for the int which ends up with Demski TD.

Observations:

1. Collaros is having trouble connecting with Schoen. Not sure why. His completion rate is kind of low but he's making the right decisions. What the heck?
2. ST's need to step it up in the 2nd half. Both in returns and coverage.
3. Fajardo has been sacked the most of any QB and why got to him ZERO. I repeat, ZERO.

Note to Wilcots: You are not the free bingo spot on the card.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ichabod_crane

pjrocksmb

The Zipp

The Zipp

VictorRomano

Blue72

3rdand1.5

That may have been the worst 1/4 of Bomber football, Sask keeps trying to give it to us...and we manage 8 yards....8......

3rdand1.5

Are we sure we didn't have zombies playing in the 3rd...the 4th looks more like our offense.

Blue72

That sure looked like no yards when Sask kicked to Wpg NO call

pjrocksmb

Blue72

Why does Oliveira always have to make a big deal whenever he gets a good run, Give the ball back to the ref and get back into the huddle

blue_gold_84

Ugly third quarter but the Bombers put on a clinic in the final frame.

Big win.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

We let the Riders stay in the game too long but found another way to win. Somewhat ugly but have to give the Riders some credit on defence.

Collaros only 56% completions but 4 TD's and no int's. Pretty amazing when that was one of his worst games passing except for the big throws. lol

Wilcots. Somebody want to explain why he's still on the team. No stats, no impact that I noticed.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 01, 2022, 02:46:51 AM
Ugly third quarter but the Bombers put on a clinic in the final frame.

Big win.

Very ugly. O was terrible, D had no answers. Lucky Cody fumbles that ball. The Walker stuff, on K Laf. seemed to be the turning point.

BA37 injured on the Int. Looked to be fine at the end of the game. What was 31 and 45 thinking at the end of the game. We are already limited on DB's.

Pigskin

Was watching Woli82 on the sidelines. He was moving well. Mr. Wilson was also moving around pretty good. Couldn't get eyes on Hansen.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue72 on October 01, 2022, 02:39:04 AM
Why does Oliveira always have to make a big deal whenever he gets a good run, Give the ball back to the ref and get back into the huddle
Because he is dominate and when he does that he gets going just like Harris.

It's kinda like saying why is he so good?

Lincoln Locomotive

Perhaps he's channeling Andrew Harris who did this on quite a few occasions and it really fired up the team and the FANS...including AC himself!!  
A Tremendous asset for any team to have.....a player who is fired up and fires everyone else up after making brilliant plays! Incidentally Brady  leads the league in rushing with a yard on KaDeem....not bad for a Winnipeg's  born and raised kid who was living in the shadow of AH early in the season....however he is slowly forging a reputation as a gamer since his first 3 games!
Bomber fan for life

Pete

Sask defence scheme seems really flawed. Too many times our slotbacks are being covered downfield by a linebacker. Zac and Buck were looking for it

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Pete on October 01, 2022, 02:27:51 PM
Sask defence scheme seems really flawed. Too many times our slotbacks are being covered downfield by a linebacker. Zac and Buck were looking for it
as good as those LBs are they are no match for the abilities of Schoen and Demski to get open....who incidentally scored 3 TDs and accumulated over 200 yards of offence between them.    All the TDs were brilliant throws....and the first one to 'Sheed was epic!   
We have a QB who makes those throws and an OC that used to be a gunslinger himself, in Buck!   I'd say it was a match made in Heaven! 
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

would rather him have no energy? To have issue with this is ridiculous!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 01, 2022, 03:42:20 PM
would rather him have no energy? To have issue with this is ridiculous!
Agreed....he has turned out to be a pleasant surprise on O this year.....along with Schoen and McCrae.....

Bomber fan for life

ModAdmin

bludan

I would say he's emulating Harris, who often did the same. Considering he's played more like Harris in the second half of the season, fighting and twisting for a few extra yards, I have no problem with this and if that's what he needs to get going, we should encourage it. He's looked exponentially better the last while.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: bludan on October 01, 2022, 04:09:51 PM
I would say he's emulating Harris, who often did the same. Considering he's played more like Harris in the second half of the season, fighting and twisting for a few extra yards, I have no problem with this and if that's what he needs to get going, we should encourage it. He's looked exponentially better the last while.
A rising star

pjrocksmb

Anyone notice how Kramdi played.  I seen him out there after we had an injury at LB but I didn't noticed much.  Perhaps that's a good sign?

bomb squad

Quote from: dd on October 01, 2022, 01:19:19 AM
so what?? If the ball is in the air and the receiving team touches the ball and there?s a restraining zone foul, it?s 15 yds.

Section 4, Article 10 d:

if the ball is deflected and an offside kicking team player is within 5 yards but does not interfere with an opponent attempting to gain possession of the kicked ball:
PENALTY - in field of play - L 5 from PBT or PBD
- in goal area - L 5, applied at 10-yard line or PBD

The Zipp

Quote from: pjrocksmb on October 01, 2022, 04:15:27 PM
Anyone notice how Kramdi played.  I seen him out there after we had an injury at LB but I didn't noticed much.  Perhaps that's a good sign?

Played like a special teamer being on defence. If he is starting when we are playing Calgary or bc in the playoffs our grey cup streak may end.

Hope Rutledge isn't out long.

Blue In BC

It's been a very bad year for injuries particularly on defence: Wilson, Houston, Taylor as long term issues. Alexander just back for the last two games.

Every game we seem to lose a couple of players for at least part of the game. Whether Rutledge or Thompson will be able to play next week is not certain at the moment. We can recover from losing Thompson IMO but losing Rutledge would hurt significantly.

Potentially that could mean 5 starters on defence out depending on status of Rutledge and Jeffcoat.

OTOH Alexander is getting back into the groove. Parker and Holm are improving as they get game reps.

Another nervous week waiting to see who we're getting back or losing for our next game.

Not panicking but injuries are part of the game and this has been a difficult season for us.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

Trade deadline is still a few days away, maybe there is some defensive help out there....the bad is Sask, Hammy are battling for the final East playoff spot so neither team will be willing to give anything up. Ott. and Edm. would at this time seem like the only logical trade partner. Maybe CJ is looking to start stock-piling draft picks for his rebuild??

Long-shot is BC's depth along the D-line, they have amazing depth, maybe someone shakes loose....

GOLDMEMBER

OL had a great game. Nice job creating holes for the RBs, whom it was.

Zach had time to let those WRs run those deep routes. Gotta give credit to the BIG men!

Blue In BC

Trade deadline is this Wednesday. I'm not expecting a trade but you never know. I can think of a couple of Redblacks I'd like to see in Winnipeg. OTOH what would we give up and why would Lapo trade away a player that might be important in 2023 if he's still there?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 01, 2022, 06:25:11 PM
Trade deadline is this Wednesday. I'm not expecting a trade but you never know. I can think of a couple of Redblacks I'd like to see in Winnipeg. OTOH what would we give up and why would Lapo trade away a player that might be important in 2023 if he's still there?
who?

M.O.A.B.

LB Avery Williams would be a good get since we need help in LB right now.

Are DT Davon Coleman or Cleyon Laing are good run stoppers ?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 01, 2022, 06:54:37 PM
LB Avery Williams would be a good get since we need help in LB right now.

Are DT Davon Coleman or Cleyon Laing are good run stoppers ?
agreed those are quality Defensive players.

GOLDMEMBER

I really like Dave Naylor on the panel. Brings great energy and game insight. Him and Milt nailed there half time monologs.

Blue In BC

Redblacks fired Lapo so all bets on nothing happening with their roster is off. Anything is possible at this point I suppose. Re-build time means not much is off the table. They probably will be activating some players off their PR to evaluate in real game time.

A few players have been with the team for a few years and might be in their option year. Williams, Kaneh and Mauldin might be players they don't expect back in 2023.  However, if that is true their trade value is not much. Clearing a bit of SMS might be of interest to the Redblacks though.

Walters should at least make a call and see what direction they plan. A neg list or later draft pick is something we could give up.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 01, 2022, 07:54:20 PM
Redblacks fired Lapo so all bets on nothing happening with their roster is off. Anything is possible at this point I suppose. Re-build time means not much is off the table. They probably will be activating some players off their PR to evaluate in real game time.

A few players have been with the team for a few years and might be in their option year. Williams, Kaneh and Mauldin might be players they don't expect back in 2023.  However, if that is true their trade value is not much. Clearing a bit of SMS might be of interest to the Redblacks though.

Walters should at least make a call and see what direction they plan. A neg list or later draft pick is something we could give up.

Agreed Burke may be ready to make some deals to show he's already working on the "next year plan", this could mean dumping some of LaPo's pet projects or getting rid of players he knows will not resign in F.A. in exchange for some younger projects or draft swaps.  Older vets would be the most likely victims and probably the players the Bombers could use the most heading into the playoffs.  Nick Hallett, Thompson or one of the young Natl. DB's are potential players the Bombers could move.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 02, 2022, 10:39:16 PM
Agreed Burke may be ready to make some deals to show he's already working on the "next year plan", this could mean dumping some of LaPo's pet projects or getting rid of players he knows will not resign in F.A. in exchange for some younger projects or draft swaps.  Older vets would be the most likely victims and probably the players the Bombers could use the most heading into the playoffs.  Nick Hallett, Thompson or one of the young Natl. DB's are potential players the Bombers could move.

I wouldn't trade Nick Hallett though.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Ceresna would look good here. Imagine a starting DL of Jefferson-Ceresna-Sayles-Jeffcoat.

GOLDMEMBER

DM83

Never say neverWho imagined Zac being made available to us.
There are a few DB out there and I suspect some guys would like a  chance at a playoff.
I was thinking Speedy Banks.  Didn?t him and Zac play together in Hamilton? I didn?t think he was starting in Toronto, and he certainly made some big catches.  Not a need , but surely a huge boost

ModAdmin

Quote from: DM83 on October 03, 2022, 02:38:29 AM
Never say neverWho imagined Zac being made available to us.
There are a few DB out there and I suspect some guys would like a  chance at a playoff.
I was thinking Speedy Banks.  Didn?t him and Zac play together in Hamilton? I didn?t think he was starting in Toronto, and he certainly made some big catches.  Not a need , but surely a huge boost

No to Speedy.

Pigskin

GOLDMEMBER

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 03, 2022, 03:21:57 AM
I strongly 4th that. TO would never do it anyways.
he's been playing better as of late...still never liked him....
Bomber fan for life

DM83

Hmm, I won't be teaming up with you guys...sheesh/
OK, how about that Carter from Edmonton?........:)

Lincoln Locomotive

On the CFL plays of the week that features 5 plays.....3 of them were from the Rider/Bomber game.   Two from the Bombers including the first TD strike to Bailey which was epic and the second one was Schoen making that leaping catch in traffic and out hustling the Rider defenders to the end zone!   Just wow!!
Bomber fan for life

wpg#1

The best part of Friday night was getting the middle finger from Fajardo. He flashed the finger at section 107, I think mostly aimed at Donny !!
I take that as a badge of honour. We got to him by the 4th quarter. So much fun.
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: wpg#1 on October 03, 2022, 05:56:57 PM
The best part of Friday night was getting the middle finger from Fajardo. He flashed the finger at section 107, I think mostly aimed at Donny !!
I take that as a badge of honour. We got to him by the 4th quarter. So much fun.

LOL he did? Donny please confirm! What a whiner and floating the bird to opposing crowds. What a loser.

wpg#1

DONNY !!! please confirm !
Most of us saw it. I'm sure Donny did.
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on September 30, 2022, 11:56:09 PM

My son and I are usually first ones in the stadium.  Head straight to Shawarma Khan to beat the lines.  For this game we get there and Obby is yelling "we're not ready, they aren't supposed to be let in until after 6" and shutting the shutters as people are lining up.

I'm pretty sure Obby thought the game was at 7:30 (as it always has been for an evening game, until now).  So we went upstairs to the other Khan and there wasn't even anyone manning it!  Some guy finally comes up and says they have no staff and won't open for 30 mins.  Haha, so went back downstairs and the queue was already half full.  Took a while as they were just opening and still severely understaffed.  But still faster than waiting upstairs!

So that's a first.  I think if Obby screws up the kickoff time that a ton of fans did too!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on October 01, 2022, 04:21:39 AM
Because he is dominate and when he does that he gets going just like Harris.

It's kinda like saying why is he so good?

Yes, it's very demoralizing to the other team, even if it looks goofy.  That's why AH after getting a 1st down would always run another 10 yards downfield showing every single player where he was going to be after the next play.

Picture wolves marking their territory!  :D :D

I loved Brady's fire and his crushing 1st downs on 1st down in the 4th.  Kid is looking way up on the promise scale vs earlier in the year.  He might be the next superstar.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: wpg#1 on October 03, 2022, 05:56:57 PM

Oh that's just awesome (if true).  Way to go Donny!!
Never go full Rider!

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 04, 2022, 04:32:11 AM
Rider Bingo.  Funny take by SSK media of their own team:

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/rob-vanstone-roughriders-fill-bingo-card-after-coming-up-empty-again

(Sorry if this was posted already)

From the article:
~The Roughriders have not thrown a regular-season TD pass at IG Field since Sept. 9, 2017, when Kevin Glenn hit Naaman Roosevelt for a 75-yarder at 7:24 of the second quarter.
~Saskatchewan has lost each of its past six games at IG Field, by a combined score of ? please read this while sitting down ? 205-69.
~Saskatchewan has lost its last seven games against Winnipeg, which will win its third consecutive Grey Cup on Nov. 20 at Mosaic Stadium.

theaardvark

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on October 04, 2022, 03:01:28 PM
From the article:
~The Roughriders have not thrown a regular-season TD pass at IG Field since Sept. 9, 2017, when Kevin Glenn hit Naaman Roosevelt for a 75-yarder at 7:24 of the second quarter.
~Saskatchewan has lost each of its past six games at IG Field, by a combined score of ? please read this while sitting down ? 205-69.
~Saskatchewan has lost its last seven games against Winnipeg, which will win its third consecutive Grey Cup on Nov. 20 at Mosaic Stadium.

Almost thinking Mosaic II should be called IG Field II... its like a home field advantage for the Bombers...  I beleive it has already been said that *if* we are in the GC, we will take the visitors dressing room... regardless the opponent...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Waffler

Even at our lowest the media here never printed anything like that. Look at me, I've got a column and can be a smart ***. That's what sells there? Just me but I much prefer to read balanced coverage.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Jesse

Quote from: Waffler on October 04, 2022, 03:45:30 PM
Even at our lowest the media here never printed anything like that. Look at me, I've got a column and can be a smart ***. That's what sells there? Just me but I much prefer to read balanced coverage.

We've seen plenty of negative articles along these lines.

Sometimes teams are just so bad - a mostly negative article is the balanced perspective.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Maas running an I formation short yardage play sums everything up in a nutshell...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on October 04, 2022, 05:36:25 PM
We've seen plenty of negative articles along these lines.

Sometimes teams are just so bad - a mostly negative article is the balanced perspective.

This. And it's not like Vanstone is wrong with his assessment, irrespective of its harshness. The Riders were projected to be a top team in 2022 and they came out the gate looking like it. However, they're 2-8 in their last 10 games with no chance to finish better than 4th in the west. Add up the personnel issues (Marino, Williams, Marshall), on-field issues (discipline, inconsistent play, etc.) and a head coach that's all but lost the room, not to mention the fact Regina is hosting the GC, and it shouldn't come as much of a shock to see the disappointment - or even disgust - of a guy like Vanstone manifest in his coverage of the team.

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on October 04, 2022, 03:45:30 PM

Read the Rider forums.  This author is just reflecting what they are saying.  And trying to put a funny spin on it.  They suck so bad they have nothing left to do but laugh (better than crying).

The problem isn't that SSK is bad: it's that they were supposed to be #1 or #2 in the W this year.  No one is mad EDM or OTT is crap, because they were expected to be crap.  But you can't build up expectations and then deliver crap like SSK did.  That is why they are getting pilloried.

When WPG was bad (think '13-'14) people weren't crazy upset because we were expected to be bad.

Next year SSK fans will behave differently because they will have low expectations.  See: OTT fans this year.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Does ineptitude remind you at all of the 2014 Blue Bombers  with the 7-11 record?
We hosted the GCG that year.
Pretty crumby Defence that year.
Willy put up decent numbers.

TecnoGenius

On rewatch, I'm noticing Hassell49 on ST.  He was making some good plays.  He got credited with 2 ST tackles, which surprised me as I didn't notice at the game and they weren't mentioning his name on TSN.

In the 2nd Q he made a really nice lunging tackle from the side: not an easy tackle.

I make a note of this as he starts to demonstrate to us that he is a strong tackler.  And he's willing to put in the grunt work on ST: not a given for an ex-NFLer.

(And another ST tackle for my man Cadwallader who always seems to be heat-seeking for a tackle. He's going to double his '21 ST stats.)
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Hassell was mentioned on TSN. He was the player who was hit on the helmet during that punt that was challenged for no yards. Can't totally blame him for that, although can't discount that either.

I think he's been playing fairly well on ST's and his speed his been important.  He's made some plays.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 06, 2022, 04:33:20 PM
Hassell was mentioned on TSN. He was the player who was hit on the helmet during that punt that was challenged for no yards. Can't totally blame him for that, although can't discount that either.

Ya, he was looking depressed on the sidelines after that strange event... but he shouldn't have been, because it hitting his head got us better field position than we would have had after a return even if Grant catches it normally/cleanly.  It would have been a catch-after-bounce anyhow.
Never go full Rider!