Dolegala out vs Bombers

Started by VictorRomano, September 26, 2022, 10:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

Mods merge with Rider at Blue Bombers pre game thread please

GOLDMEMBER

Got nailed by the R-Sips drinking and driving in Regina. Pity!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

One game team suspension?  Sends a true message about being against DUI...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

DM83

What a loser.  High profile guy, in a one horse town, and doesn't get it that Pro athletes, especially in Regina, are held to a higher standard.

That Coach Dickerson must be a doormat, to have so many lawbreakers employed there.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: theaardvark on September 27, 2022, 02:25:35 PM

Guess how many games the Bombers suspended Kenny Lawler for last year?

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: theaardvark on September 27, 2022, 02:25:35 PM
yep...remember when something similar happened to Kenny Lawler.    He was suspended a game as well....very remorseful and fully understood the mistake he made.   It's all in how one recovers that matters now....
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: DM83 on September 27, 2022, 02:35:07 PM
What a loser.  High profile guy, in a one horse town, and doesn't get it that Pro athletes, especially in Regina, are held to a higher standard.

That Coach Dickerson must be a doormat, to have so many lawbreakers employed there.
same crap happens here. Not as often yes but Lawler F?ed just last year here.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Haha, watch Dickenson The Lesser's presser on Sep 26.  He waffles around the whole issue.  He says "the suspension is not a punishment" then proceeds to have no idea what to call it and kind of walks it back as he realizes how dumb he sounds.

Dolegala in his presser that he wouldn't talk about it and is seeking legal counsel.  Bet he pleads not guilty.  So much for taking responsibility.  (While legally he is doing the smart thing, it's not a good look for the CFL/Riders.)
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Regina cops must have nothing better to do, that try and embarass their celebrities.  Being in a community  with few high profilers, you would think they would fine him and set up councilling of one form or another.

Horseman

Quote from: DM83 on September 28, 2022, 03:11:27 PM
Regina cops must have nothing better to do, that try and embarass their celebrities.  Being in a community  with few high profilers, you would think they would fine him and set up councilling of one form or another.

You make it sound like they deliberately went out and targeted Dolegala, I would suggest taking an impaired driver off the road is an extremely good use of their time. What did you expect them to do, let him go because he plays for the Riders. That is not an option as it would expose the officers to being fired (this has happened in the past) and MADD would have a rightfully huge outcry over that. Speaking from experience a person is not charged if both breath samples are not over 100, blowing one over 100 and the other at 80 would result in a 24 hour suspension of his licence and his vehicle towed.

Stats Junkie

In BC, penalties start at a 50 with a 3 day suspension and possibility of vehicle impounded for same.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

DM83

Yeah thats exactly what I am saying.
Handle it another way, so as to get the guy help, not embarass the guy and the team

Jesse

Quote from: DM83 on September 28, 2022, 08:26:02 PM
Handle it another way, so as to get the guy help, not embarass the guy and the team

What could the cops have done differently?

The only reason we know is because he told the team and they suspended him.
My wife is amazing!

ModAdmin

Quote from: DM83 on September 28, 2022, 08:26:02 PM

He chose to drink then chose to drive.  He embarrassed himself and the outcome could have been deadly.  Someone rather than something needed to get his attention.   
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden